Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is AvA about?

Vion1xVion1x Member Posts: 188

i have seen tons of people talking a lot about the game, that dont seems to have even a clue about what AvA are in this game, wich i understand since you do need to find an agency who is playing AvA. but here is a video that explain what AvA is...

www.youtube.com/watch

Comments

• hellshankshellshanks Member Posts: 144
    Originally posted by Vion1x

i have seen tons of people talking a lot about the game, that dont seems to have even a clue about what AvA are in this game, wich i understand since you do need to find an agency who is playing AvA. but here is a video that explain what AvA is...

www.youtube.com/watch

It becomes pretty clear. This is more on the MMO side of the game, you need to organize players, make "Strike forces" and be prepared. 

Basically, there are 5 battle zones. Each one represents a time zone. for instance, the "Citadel" is open from time X-Y while Sovriegn is open from Y-Z. This way, you can only fight for a certain time period, making sure you don't get attacked when you don't have anyone to defend. 

The game type is standard breach, a pvp type where attackers try to capture an area from defenders 3 times, then they own that Hex area. 

Once you have a Hex, you can set up buildings to get recourse, defend against, or attack other players. 

The game is still developing. AVA is going to have more significance later on, and mean more to players. Also players will soon have "A nice large area to roam." 

• ponerrponerr Member Posts: 24

AvA again I repeat this for the 100th time is fail

It is way too human resource intensive... 7 days a week, 3 hours a day you must have 20-30 people in your agency online to be any bit of competitive and this is not enough to win the game..  30 people will allow you to have 3 strike forces online.  Attacking a hex is 8-10 vs possible 10 defenders (normally fights are 10 vs 10 or 10 vs 0)  and are breach like missions, capture the point, capture all 3 points to win the hex...

Yes you can join an alliance... so you can have more strike forces... the problem being, one is in complete control.. A big fail design on the part of HiRez. This one agency controls who's in the alliance and payment of taxes (each hex land owned costs money daily) This leads to evil controlling agency to use abuse other agencies then eventually backstab them with a plan to merge with someone else to gain a control point.. so far all attempts have failed and most alliances last 3 days before disbanding... Name one allianec that isnt a MASSIVE PUBLIC GAMING COMMUNITY... And you cant... I also asked a question to 10 honest large guild masters.... If you were winning the game in an alliance and could create the winning piece, would you disband your alliance.. They of course all answered yes.. So there is no real point in joining someone elses alliance... You mean nothing to them This proves my theory that the game needed faction based alliances to start..... So far(in retail, beta was even worse), the agency I was in.. was involved with about 4 alliances, all that lasted 1-3 days each. The last one was the strongest alliance on the map, looking really good, until the dumb leader of the alliance tried making the stupidest move ever and kicked out several agencies to merge with another... If failed, they got owned and disbanded yet again after we attacked them and so did their other enemies.. but this demoralized about 6 small guilds and all left the game as they realize its moot point to compete in this game... You either kiss the ass of a large gaming community and get backstabbed anyhow. or dont play.. the answer is don't play, because it costs money to play and its so repetitive, slow and boring...in between matches are 20 minutes (try keeping a vent clear this long, alot of attacks go with no defenders, more bore, and add to that getting your ass kicked occassionaly, cuz you cant keep your solid core group online at all times, leads to just not havaing fun... 7 days a week of no fun)

Anyhow, The goal in AvA is to get the surrounding areas around the 4 or so control zones on the map which allows you to install a shield... the shield gives you protection from being attacked, so you can craft technology in peace and do less defending.. Although there are missiles you can use to bring down shields on a zone. These things are all done by planting facilities on hexes owned.  This allows you to mine the tougher t2 and t3 resources which create things to get to win the game.. You must craft some sort of item to win the map....  some of the items you build to use in ava are the following,   Siege weapons... robot, vindicaters (tank) rocket stations, (huge turrets) android squads (increase some firepower for a bit) emp generators (prevent turrets form firing in area) and beacons.. you can get more advanced armor beacons, which are really hard to kill..

Could be fun, if you could organize, but you cant. The game offers no ability to practice your with your squad, a big fail imo... Those with no experience get mopped and cant really learn anything if you are getting mopped, your guild will fall apart fast. The better players have no way to train the worst players who dont naturally understand team play, or their class... These leads to strike forces that are weak against any organized group of good players........... anyone who leaves fighting 10 on 10 in a solo pug type game will be destroyed.

-- Pon --

• keygankeygan Member Posts: 237
    Originally posted by ponerr

AvA again I repeat this for the 100th time is fail
    It is way too human resource intensive... 7 days a week, 3 hours a day you must have 20-30 people in your agency online to be any bit of competitive and this is not enough to win the game..  30 people will allow you to have 3 strike forces online.  Attacking a hex is 8-10 vs possible 10 defenders (normally fights are 10 vs 10 or 10 vs 0)  and are breach like missions, capture the point, capture all 3 points to win the hex...
    Yes you can join an alliance... so you can have more strike forces... the problem being, one is in complete control.. A big fail design on the part of HiRez. This one agency controls who's in the alliance and payment of taxes (each hex land owned costs money daily) This leads to evil controlling agency to use abuse other agencies then eventually backstab them with a plan to merge with someone else to gain a control point.. so far all attempts have failed and most alliances last 3 days before disbanding... Name one allianec that isnt a MASSIVE PUBLIC GAMING COMMUNITY... And you cant... I also asked a question to 10 honest large guild masters.... If you were winning the game in an alliance and could create the winning piece, would you disband your alliance.. They of course all answered yes.. So there is no real point in joining someone elses alliance... You mean nothing to them This proves my theory that the game needed faction based alliances to start..... So far(in retail, beta was even worse), the agency I was in.. was involved with about 4 alliances, all that lasted 1-3 days each. The last one was the strongest alliance on the map, looking really good, until the dumb leader of the alliance tried making the stupidest move ever and kicked out several agencies to merge with another... If failed, they got owned and disbanded yet again after we attacked them and so did their other enemies.. but this demoralized about 6 small guilds and all left the game as they realize its moot point to compete in this game... You either kiss the ass of a large gaming community and get backstabbed anyhow. or dont play.. the answer is don't play, because it costs money to play and its so repetitive, slow and boring...in between matches are 20 minutes (try keeping a vent clear this long, alot of attacks go with no defenders, more bore, and add to that getting your ass kicked occassionaly, cuz you cant keep your solid core group online at all times, leads to just not havaing fun... 7 days a week of no fun)
    Anyhow, The goal in AvA is to get the surrounding areas around the 4 or so control zones on the map which allows you to install a shield... the shield gives you protection from being attacked, so you can craft technology in peace and do less defending.. Although there are missiles you can use to bring down shields on a zone. These things are all done by planting facilities on hexes owned.  This allows you to mine the tougher t2 and t3 resources which create things to get to win the game.. You must craft some sort of item to win the map....  some of the items you build to use in ava are the following,   Siege weapons... robot, vindicaters (tank) rocket stations, (huge turrets) android squads (increase some firepower for a bit) emp generators (prevent turrets form firing in area) and beacons.. you can get more advanced armor beacons, which are really hard to kill..

Could be fun, if you could organize, but you cant. The game offers no ability to practice your with your squad, a big fail imo... Those with no experience get mopped and cant really learn anything if you are getting mopped, your guild will fall apart fast. The better players have no way to train the worst players who dont naturally understand team play, or their class... These leads to strike forces that are weak against any organized group of good players........... anyone who leaves fighting 10 on 10 in a solo pug type game will be destroyed.

/agree

This game needs major work and more than this little patch they are promising.  I will play the pvp/pve part only until something else comes along.  The AvA and the point to play and have an agency is fail.  This game will wash up REAL soon if it doesnt get major love, and we all know it wont.

• Jairoe03Jairoe03 Member Posts: 732

I think the whole backstabbing part was a purposeful design much akin to how EVE has it setup. I would figure agencies and alliances should be more of a slower development. You can't develop a community in a month of trusted teammates, it takes time and I believe backstabbing was supposed to be a part of the game. After all, you can't really say its a big waste of time when its all a big waste of time in the end, its a video game after all meant to entertain people. Ultimately play the game and have fun and if it isn't fun then leave. I don't think a game would be fun if alliances were predictable, this way, it provides a random factor involved to bring out the dark side in people when it comes to their own resources.