Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Istaria - MMO Diamond in the Rough

I have started playing this game and oh my am I happy so far.  I hadn't realized how much I missed some of the old scholl MMO feelings that do not exist in the post WOW era.   Not having my hand completely held with neon signs and arrows telling me exactly where to go every time.  Actually needing to atleast scan the quest text for locations, which Istaria so far has done an excellent job of providing.   There are so many nice touches of detail to this game like the speed buff on roads, the way you recover from battle faster if you sit down between fights, the group xp bonus and mutli-mob xp bonus.    Crafting seems to be very very well put together being both useful and enjoyable.  This game has aged beautifully it seems.  So glad I found it and looking forward to spending a good amount of time with a couple friends I have talked into joining. 

If you are reading this, give the game a try and be patient.  It can be a bit overwhelming, particularly for people who's first MMO experience was with the WOW era MMO.  This game will take some time to get adjusted too as far as sytle and controls it requires the player to be actively involved in learning to play the game, which provides a challenge and huge reward possibilities.  Don't be afraid of the chat channels as you will not get flamed or have to sift through line after line of garbage to find the answer to your question, this community has been very friendly and helpful.  

So glad I joined this game and looking forward to my adventures in Istaria. 

EDIT - spelling etc. 

Comments

• AywrenAywren Istaria CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 71

Welcome to Istaria and thank you for the positive review! We're happy to have you with us! 

I'm not sure which server you're playing on, but if you ever hook up on Chaos, feel free to look me up. My dragon's name is Kudako! :)