Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Woot! Battlegrounds Getting the Love.

GarfunkelGarfunkel Member UncommonPosts: 224

BG's to get the a 'random BG finder' tool along with rewards and changes to pvp currency. No more Marks of Honor. Read on...

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/23307931060-battleground-and-honor-changes-on-the-horizon.html

This can't come soon enough for me and it's about time they threw the pvp'ers a bone. Nice one Blizz.

Posted by Zarhym:

We have several changes planned for Battlegrounds in the next minor content patch and would like to share them with you now. This patch will be available for public testing and we encourage you to participate, queue up and provide some feedback on these changes.

• Firstly, say goodbye to Battleground Marks of Honor. We feel this currency system is a bit outdated and are getting rid of it. Any items which require these marks as currency will have their costs adjusted appropriately to remove this requirement. The quest NPCs will still be available to award players Honor for turning in leftover marks, including individual Marks of Honor if a player has more marks from one Battleground than another, but this is only to help players clear this expired currency.

• Next, the Battleground holiday weekend will now be denoted as "Call to Arms" in the Battleground tab and Calendar. If you prefer a specific Battleground over all others, look for those words next to its name to determine whether or not you'll receive bonus Honor. The bonus awards for Call to Arms Battlegrounds have been adjusted.

• Winning a Call to Arms Battleground for the first time in a day will award players with 30 Honorable Kills worth of additional Honor currency and 25 Arena points.

• Additional Call to Arms Battleground victories after the first win for a player that day will award them with 15 Honorable Kills worth of additional Honor currency.

• Losing a Call to Arms Battleground will award players with 5 Honorable Kills worth of additional Honor currency.

• To bring the rate at which players obtain PvP rewards with Honor more in-line with the rate at which players obtain PvE rewards via the Dungeon Finder, we'll also be increasing the amount of Honor awarded for an Honorable Kill by 100%. In light of this, the amount of experience provided from an Honorable Kill, and the amount of Honor awarded for completing the Wintergrasp weekly quests, have been reduced by 50%.

It's important to note one thing about these 50% decreases. All Honor awarded for completing objectives in Battlegrounds and Wintergrasp is actually based on an Honorable Kill conversion rate. So if you destroy a tower in Alterac Valley for example, the Honor you're awarded is actually based on a flat number of Honorable Kills. Since Honorable Kills will now award 100% more Honor, completing such objectives will also award more Honor. This is why experience gains based on completing Battleground objectives and Honor awarded from the Wintergrasp quests are being decreased by 50%.

• Now that we hopefully have your attention, we're pleased to announce the implementation of the Random Battleground system! This system will work virtually the same as the Random Dungeon option in the Dungeon Finder and will replace the Battleground daily quests. Players can queue solo, or with a group of up to five players for a Random Battleground in the Battleground tab. As with the Random Dungeon option, the Battleground chosen will not be revealed until players zone into the Battleground for which they are selected. The bonus rewards for this system are identical to the updated Call to Arms bonuses.

• Winning a Battleground using the Random Battleground option for the first time in a day will award players with 30 Honorable Kills worth of additional Honor currency and 25 Arena points.

• Winning additional Battlegrounds using the Random Battleground option after the first random win will award players with 15 Honorable Kills worth of additional Honor currency.

• Losing a Battleground using the Random Battleground option will award players with 5 Honorable Kills worth of additional Honor currency.

• When using the Random Battleground option, players will not receive additional rewards if the Battleground chosen is under the effects of the Call to Arms bonuses. In other words, the bonuses do not stack. In addition, if a player has been rewarded 30 Honorable Kills worth of bonus Honor currency and 25 Arena points from either the Random Battleground system, or the Call to Arms Battleground, he or she will be rewarded 15 Honorable Kills worth of bonus Honor currency and no Arena points that day for each additional victory. This applies whether the Random Battleground system is used, or the Call to Arms Battleground is chosen specifically, as a player cannot be rewarded the full amount of bonus Honor and the 25 Arena points more than once per day.

All of these features and changes will be available in the next minor patch which should be hitting the public test realms in the near future. Please help us out by testing this system and providing your feedback so we can make some fine-tuning adjustments before the patch's release.

'This is for the next minor content patch 3.3.3 which will be hitting the public test realms in the coming days. Per usual, I'm unable to provide a specific patch date, but this patch will be available long before Cataclysm'

Comments

• Esther-ChanEsther-Chan Member Posts: 288

Yeah. As soon as I saw this I thought about re-subbing! It's pretty exciting. Still, I think I'll just wait for Cataclysm since there's really not much to do until then.

• spades07spades07 Member UncommonPosts: 852

should make all BGs open to all imo.

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819

Not a big deal. Getting Honor gear wasnt hard before. But getting the Arena Gear was. So iam not really excited about this as much as others are.

A Big Change for me, would be to change AV and add the NPC back to AV. maybe add some NPC action to IoC

• camp11111camp11111 Member Posts: 602

Yep indeed: the changes keep coming.

The new revolutionary LFG tool now introduced for BG's and the 25 arena points coupled to winning the daily PvP  is a nice addition again.

Don't forget the doubled resilience (making fights last much longer).

I agree that for my specific Battlegroup it doesn't change things a lot (we already had all BG's on), but these changes are clearly introducing the next big thing:

Battleground competition on an individual and guild basis in Cata and the (re)intro of the old PvP titles.

Want a real mmorpg? Play WOW with experience turned off mode and be Pve_Pvp King at any level without a rat race.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    Originally posted by spades07

should make all BGs open to all imo.

I agree. Why they pigeonhole lower levels into WG and AB only is beyond me.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Ok, they getting rid of the marks but they not saying by what it is been replaced ?  I mean we bought gears with marks, what's the new currency to buy stuff from BG ?

• tsuktstsukts Member Posts: 164

Cant wait til this is ingame.

• inBOILinBOIL Member Posts: 669
    Originally posted by Garfunkel

Losing a Call to Arms Battleground will award players with 5 Honorable Kills worth of additional Honor currency.

Losing a Battleground using the Random Battleground option will award players with 5 Honorable Kills worth of additional Honor currency.

battle

Generation P

• DonY81DonY81 Member UncommonPosts: 398

Still would love 1 v 1 arena. Even if its class based. Just always fancied some of it.

With regards to the above, sounds all good will check out.