Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FYI: leveling now officially a total joke.

ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

For those of you that were worried about catching up and it being hard to level, rest easy.  I'm pretty sure EQ2's leveling is now the easiest in MMOs.

The new expansion released yesterday and introduced level 80 to 90 progression.  By the time I got home from work and downloaded it, servers had been up for like 7 hours and a huge number of players, including about 10 in my guild were already level 90. 

To put this into perspective, on release of last cap increase expansion, it took something like 30 hours of non-stop play with elite group support to get the 10 levels.  It took the majority of  "regular" (not hardcore and not totally casual) players about 2-4 weeks to hit 80 depending on their pace.   With this expansion, it looks like most people will be 90 within a week and only if they're slow...

It's so easy, it's stupid.  I missed half a day and most of my (pretty casual) guild has 5-10 levels on me.  lol.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
Currently Playing: ESO

Comments

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

Did they also nerf the xp needed to level from 1 to 80?

RIP Orc Choppa

• MavisPMavisP Member Posts: 181

Awsome. Now the "hardcores" can burn through it even faster and cry about nothing to do.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

Interesting if its true can anyone else share their experience so far with leveling in the Sentinals fate expansion?

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by arctarus

Did they also nerf the xp needed to level from 1 to 80?

yep, they actually did this a little while back.  70-80 took me about 12hrs solo questing  (i've posted in other posts general areas i went), can probably be done in half the time as a group.

they also added something called "golden path" with the expac that is meant to hold your hand as you go zone to zone as you go 1-80.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

I thought the level cap went from 85-90? hmmm

So many games so many level cap..I get confused now

bad dam, 90s in 7 hours. :/

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

Originally posted by MavisP

Awsome. Now the "hardcores" can burn through it even faster and cry about nothing to do.

lol.  when it takes 5 hours to level 80-90, i would hardly call it hardcore.  

in response to the other question on "my experience", if you group up and go to any of the dungeons and just slaughters stuff non-stop, you'll be 90 in a few hours.  

Doing bunch of solo quests on my healer last night, I got 1 lvl and 1 AA in about 90 minutes.  On my ranger it would have probably taken me 30 minutes for the same.  I won't be motivated to go back and do all these quests just for AA, so I decided to solo as much as I can, since I'll need the AAs anyway.

- Raph Koster

• drago_pldrago_pl Member Posts: 384

Why games like WoW/EQ rises level cap with expansions at all? To show they at least changed something? Any reasonable cause? I had no idea why to rise it 10 levels if it can be done in such ridiculous amount of time.

to restart itemization and funnel people into new zones.  they don't have a creative way to make "different" items (or encounters), so they just make the same (or similar) stuff with bigger stats.  But that's generally how RPGs work.  nature of the beast.  If you have +1 sword for fighting orc with 1hp, at next level you can get +2 sword for fighting orc with 2hp.

- Raph Koster

• SarykSaryk Member UncommonPosts: 476

There are too many people that whine about it taking to long to level. Then you have other people complaining about it is too easy to level. Just use your slider and put it on 50% exp and 50% AA or 25%/75%. Trust me, it will take a long time to level and you won’t miss the content. The problem with EQ2 is that they are trying to please too many people.

• MasterDelvinMasterDelvin Member Posts: 7

what some of us old-timers called monty-hall games :) seems the very DM's (dungeon masters) for you yunguns have made their way into the programming world and this is what we see, uber phat l33t that increases you which the game needs to increase to get the l33t to increase you to get the game to increas....... you see the trend :)

Nothing wrong in my eyes to have to work for something to get it, BUT, it has to be fun in the process which these new games and sadly xbox views toward mmos lacks. Insta-death, no worry, res go die res go die.... remember the bodies lying around crushbone moat or everyone huddled at the zone while the train of Dvin-death came rushing in ?  Perhaps that pesky giant you had to try and pray you weren't seen to sneak by only to agro and run like hell....die... respawn... naked.... okay... try it again....

Now, leash the mobs... overpower in solo-mode kill everything and move on until max level is reached and wait for end-game content....Did I miss anything ? :) Take out all player crafting/housing/reason for being, player cities, social concept for a multiplayer are you nutz ? We dont n33d no social stuff !

sigh...

bring back the release of SWG, the release of EQ, toss in the AoC beauty and walla, you have yourself a winner :)

*shrugs*

• YasouYasou Member Posts: 86

What's the purpose of an expansion? Getting to max level in no time or actually enjoy the new content at it's own pace?

People nowadays don't even take the time to look around and feel the sense of "discovery", enjoy the environment, the quests, and then the end-game content; the things they've paid for when buying the expansion pack.

• Esther-ChanEsther-Chan Member Posts: 288

Must be an inside joke because I'm not laughing. The last time I played Everquest II seriously was when they released the Fey (Or however they spell it). Leveling felt pretty good up until the point you pretty much had to group everything, then it got rather boring. I'm all for grouping, but I want to have a solo option that isn't "Grind x number of monsters and repeat".

If they made leveling easier I say two-thumbs up.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

So with the golden path how long does it take to get to 80 now>?

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Well, If they got all this levels in so little time, at least they probably are having a blast.

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997
    Originally posted by Yasou

What's the purpose of an expansion? Getting to max level in no time or actually enjoy the new content at it's own pace?
    People nowadays don't even take the time to look around and feel the sense of "discovery", enjoy the environment, the quests, and then the end-game content; the things they've paid for when buying the expansion pack.

even the most casuals of my guild is atleast 82 now

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997
    Originally posted by alakram

Well, If they got all this levels in so little time, at least they probably are having a blast.

first half - to lvl 86 is, 2nd half seems more rushed through.

first impression of the hole, well it looks amazing the little of it Ive seen

• StrumikerStrumiker Member UncommonPosts: 31

Just to note, the reason some of these people got to 90 right away is that they held off on turning in their collections. Some people had over 100 of them just waiting to be turned in. Once the level cap was raised, they turned them in and got a handful of levels from that.

• fozzie22fozzie22 Member Posts: 1,003
    Originally posted by Strumiker

Just to note, the reason some of these people got to 90 right away is that they held off on turning in their collections. Some people had over 100 of them just waiting to be turned in. Once the level cap was raised, they turned them in and got a handful of levels from that.

Heard this too..the mind boggles.

• DbossmonDbossmon Member Posts: 10

with XP pots and group bonuses its easy to level. 

• dpf1978dpf1978 Member UncommonPosts: 71

Who cares?  I'm at level 83 after a couple of days and having an aboslute blast with the new content.  The progression is, most importantly, FUN.  And the new zones are beautiful.  The servers are hopping and even if it doesn't last, it's reminding me why EQ2 is the one MMO I keep coming back to since 2004.