Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NCsoft has gone Banning crazy!

MMOJohnnyMMOJohnny Member Posts: 7

Ok so I played this game since open beta and have to say the game itself has been a real pleasure to play. I actually think the game is amazing. I loved it more then any mmo I've ever played and I have played a lot from everquest, eq2, ffxi, lotro, etc.

BUT.... ncsoft started listening to it's forums and to people who started complaining and whining day in and day out that there are too many RMTs and botters. They didn't just react though they went nuts!!!! Suddenly ncsoft started banning everyone!!!!!!!

First people who actual botted or people who where turned in as botters. Then kinah sellers.. then kinah buyers... recently if you even talked to a person who was a botter, kinah seller, or a kinah buyer they'll ban you for that too saying if you talked to them or if you were in a legion with them or friends with them then you must of known of they're actions and didn't tell us so you can be banned for that even if you didn't actually know.

They told me I was banned because my legion leader had bought kinah and used that kinah to buy items for people in the legion to help out crafters get they're hearts and such they needed for recipe scrolls. Because I was a expert crafter and had been given items to use to craft for people and money from people in the guild for crafting I was considered associated with them and that was just as bad as buying the kinah myself even though I didn't know that's how some of the money had been acquired.

Everyone I know irl who still plays this game is scared out of their mind they're be banned at any moment even if they've done nothing wrong.

Like I said originally this game is amazing, but now NCsoft has ruined it and I'll never play this or any other game NCsoft ever makes in the future.

I'm looking forward to   FFXIV or Tera unless something better comes along.

Comments

• MdpatsMdpats Member UncommonPosts: 176

I'm still waiting for a response from them so I can get my hacked account back (been four days).  Maybe they should start focusing on site security issues then what they're really doing.

• InnossInnoss Member Posts: 105

They should have been this tough on cheaters in the beginning and they would have half again as many subs as they do now. Personally I dont believe you didnt know where the items were coming from.

Hmm time to give Aion another look. Maybe now I can play without stepping on 500 bots / farmers/ cheaters in every zone.

Well done NCsoft.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

My wife and I gave them 2 months to fix the bot/spammer issues they should have had nailed down on launch day. No matter what they do, they aren't getting us back. I only it's only 2 subs, but it's 2 less.

Joined - July 2004

• ascrooblaascroobla Member Posts: 54

So the complaint is...  you were cheating, people wanted cheats banned, NCSoft banned the cheats including you, now you are unhappy about that?

I do believe that you didn't know where the money came from, however I am tempted to believe that's because you didn't ask either.

NCSoft are actually doing the right thing here and it would be good to see other developers follow this pattern too, a slash and burn policy for all those associated with cheating would deter gold farming much better than any other measure.

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

Collateral damage.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238
    Originally posted by Mdpats

I'm still waiting for a response from them so I can get my hacked account back (been four days).  Maybe they should start focusing on site security issues then what they're really doing.

Weird, I got my stuff back in 2 days, and that's because their first response was for me to submit a lot of information on my account, and I just happened to feel like logging in after a few weeks without playing.

In the other hand, my ticket for a simple GW forgotten password reset (I can't believe they turned the process into manual by support  only, I always forget my passwords especially after 3 months or more without logging in) is taking longer than 4 days... 

@ OP

About "banning crazy", they made it clear before launch they would have a zero tolerance policy on RMT.

Did they really be so specific on the reason you were banned or are you concluding that from a "you have been banned for RMT"?

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    Originally posted by remyburke

My wife and I gave them 2 months to fix the bot/spammer issues they should have had nailed down on launch day. No matter what they do, they aren't getting us back. I only it's only 2 subs, but it's 2 less.

What gaming utopias are you living in that are magically free of bots/RMT? I've not played a single MMO where they weren't an issue.

<3

• TyvolusTyvolus Member Posts: 190

I just resub'd about a week ago.  I am really impressed with a few things.  No bots, no Kinah advertising in chat and the amount of people still playing and enjoying the game.  I rotate a bunch of MMOs and will continue to keep AION in the rotation.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Aion is worth the mmorpg play rotation, I think.  I left prematurely due to the gross number of bots and money sellers.  Glad for the banning of the money sellers and buyers. 

• illspawnillspawn Member UncommonPosts: 81

I am glad I readd this post. This was their answer to the first wave to just ban like crazy. Even when their servers got hacked they banned the people whose accounts got affected. Never refunded the money paid for game time or the time. I was thinking about coming back being that they finally cleared my wife's account after a month and a half of review and no refund on anything. She got to play the game one whole week and bought the most expensive game package before it was released, great customer service. Well I was going to give them another chance and chalk it up to a fluke, but I see it was no fluke and just how they treat their customers.

It is a shame because we both really liked what we say of it and it was fun. My lesson was don't buy an MMO when it is first released and let everyone else be the guinea pig. You would think some companies would follow the business models of those who actually excell instead of doing what has proven not to work.

• inBOILinBOIL Member Posts: 669

criminals needs to be punished,me thinks this is good news

if you help criminals you need to get punished also.

Generation P

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293
    Originally posted by dreamscaper

What gaming utopias are you living in that are magically free of bots/RMT? I've not played a single MMO where they weren't an issue.

There is a bit of a difference between a problem that exists but isnt apparent, and a problem that slams you in the face multiple times during the day, making channels for chat useless, and preventing you from progressing in quests as bots are at your spot.

You asked for a game where this isnt an issue, EvE Online. Are there bots? Yes. Are they in my face, on my chat channel, and in my hunting spots? no. Where they in Aion? Yes.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by inBOIL

criminals needs to be punished,me thinks this is good news
    if you help criminals you need to get punished also.

Certainly. Banning botter scum is a good idea. Too bad that NCsoft typically lets things get so badly out of control before they bother to do anything.  Then they don't bother to be careful with their wild swinging of the ban hammer.  But thats ok, no doubt everyone banned deserved it... Just like everyone killed by drones in afpak is a "terrorist"...

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • rznkainrznkain Member Posts: 539

They lost my sub and money within the first 2 weeks with the piss poor way they handled the queue problems  the gm's actually had the nerve to tell me not to play durin prime time maybe like i could just quit my job and play durin non busy hours problem solved.The fact they had no sympathy nor offered any sort of compensation showed me how classless and money hungry NCsoft is I rank em right with EA even Sony isn't as bad and that is saying alot.

• BigMangoBigMango Member UncommonPosts: 1,821
    Originally posted by MMOJohnny

Like I said originally this game is amazing, but now NCsoft has ruined it and I'll never play this or any other game NCsoft ever makes in the future.

Ncsoft has ruined it?

LLLOOOOOLLL. You guys have been cheating, lead by a corrupt leader, gaining advantage over the legit players. Now you were rightfully banned and deserved what you got, but Ncsoft ruined it? Hahahahaha, thanks for the good laugh.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

Originally posted by dreamscaper

Fallen Earth.

BTW, i'm not looking for bot-free....just not bot-infested. Aion is completely and utterly out of control. I've played pretty much every non-asian grind MMO to release since 1996. Aion is by far the worst.

Just curious, when was the last time you've played Aion? Was Aion infested at the begining with bots? Yes. But now , I think it should take you few days or more to barely see few bots! And about the spam on the chat, can't remember when was the last time seeing one. I , however saw 1 RMT bot in sanctum, advertising his website:) So don't start saying lies that "Aion is completely and utterly out of control" because u were banned. I don't even want to start the subject about why u were banned :)

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

Ok so I played this game since open beta and have to say the game itself has been a real pleasure to play. I actually think the game is amazing. I loved it more then any mmo I've ever played and I have played a lot from everquest, eq2, ffxi, lotro, etc.

BUT.... ncsoft started listening to it's forums and to people who started complaining and whining day in and day out that there are too many RMTs and botters. They didn't just react though they went nuts!!!! Suddenly ncsoft started banning everyone!!!!!!!
    First people who actual botted or people who where turned in as botters. Then kinah sellers.. then kinah buyers... recently if you even talked to a person who was a botter, kinah seller, or a kinah buyer they'll ban you for that too saying if you talked to them or if you were in a legion with them or friends with them then you must of known of they're actions and didn't tell us so you can be banned for that even if you didn't actually know.

They told me I was banned because my legion leader had bought kinah and used that kinah to buy items for people in the legion to help out crafters get they're hearts and such they needed for recipe scrolls. Because I was a expert crafter and had been given items to use to craft for people and money from people in the guild for crafting I was considered associated with them and that was just as bad as buying the kinah myself even though I didn't know that's how some of the money had been acquired.

Everyone I know irl who still plays this game is scared out of their mind they're be banned at any moment even if they've done nothing wrong.

I'm looking forward to   FFXIV or Tera unless something better comes along.

ncsoft didnt ruin your favorite game !gold seller and botter and all the iligal activitys acrewed it

i only had played 4 days on my time card when i left the reason too many spam about shitty seller from zam or korean seller and whats not!got fed up i left .countless are like me .aion is targeted by the gold selling mafia!countless player got their account stollen .and the fact it is now legal in korea to be a gold seller will make only mather worst

there is no solution !they ban them ,those guys or girls (gold seller and whats not)find ways to get other account that belong to other poeple!yes your probably right everybody suffer but its sure has ell isnt ncsoft fault if gold seller target aion

basicly they target the first 200 position on xfire the higher you are the more gold seller you get in those

and aion is always amongh the top.so they probably get top quality gold seller(grin)

• MMOJohnnyMMOJohnny Member Posts: 7

I personally don't see how I cheated anything. That's like saying you're a high level crafter.... you're hanging out buying some mats at the broker when someone asks hey anyone here 400+ crafting that has some time to try and make me a gold weapon if I give them mats and some kinah? So you think well ok... I worked my crafting up I'll craft for this guy I got some free time. So he hands you the mats.. you craft up the items... you give him everything you craft he toss you a tip for your time. Two weeks later NCsoft comes in bans the guy for kinah buying... then bans you because you crafted items for him then accept some kinah which turns out to be bought.. did you know it was bought? no you just figured you'd use your craft and make money like you're suppose to in a legit manor by crafting. NCsoft says too bad you should of just somehow known our decision is final your banned good day.

BTW that example is straight from the aionsource forums on another member that got banned and is very close to what happened to me only I was making the items for legion mates. (I can go find the link to the post if anyone is too lazy to go look it up).

I was in a legion in which we had a leader and his assistants that collected donated items and kinah for the legion bank. I myself had donated mats the whole time I leveled my character up. I never botted. I never once bought kinah. I grinded my handycrafting up to 399 and was very lucky to have gotten 400 on my first attempt at the test for expert. Being the first handycrafter to reach 400+ expert status in the legion they then opened it's supplies to me to turn in hearts for recipes, use mats to level to 449 and to make items for the guild members from the mats. This is a pretty typical setup in most the legions (guilds) I've been in. I assumed like any trusting member of any legion who's charter stated that we don't buy kinah and we don't bot that I was in a safe legion who played it straight. I was very proud of my legion mates and most of which I still believe like myself played it straight really put a lot of effort into the world of Aion.

It was very disappointing to find out at the end of dec when they did the christmas time bannings that our LS leader got banned and it turned out that he had purchased kinah at one time. I don't know if it was for himself, the legion, or what but since he held the majority of the legion bank items it as a huge blow to our members in many ways. What was worse is NCsoft then began banning everyone in our legion that had handled any of the items or even kinah that was loaned out from that legion bank that everyone including myself had donated too which some members put in money that wasn't acquired properly, but who in the legion is going to know what was legit cash and was wasn't?? it's not like anyone openly jumps up and admits to it. So everyone trusted everyone and for it our legion and i'm sure others got seriously burned for having a group that worked together because of a couple bad eggs in the group who didn't do it right who imo should of paid the price by themselves why burn the innocent?

Did I know?

No.. I myself had absolutely no reason to buy kinah I've played enough mmos to know that if you max a craft very early you can make a lot of money and I did just that. I never spent kinah or anyting but crafting.. I never bought back my death I never bought weapons or gear... all my money went to my crafting and when it was finally maxed I was making 10+ mil kinah or more a week on my own why the hell would I need to buy when all those people out there were willing to pay top dollar for expert gold staves, bows, and accessories I was making. I was one of the first handycrafter to max level on the whole server. I spent more time crafting then anything else which is what I like to do. So my legion provides me items like hearts to trade in, mats to make weapons and accessories for other members and they give me a bit of kinah for my time or to go get more mats to make more stuff or to buy some new recipes. Yet some how I'm suppose to know that some of that kinah was bought yeah like it looks any different from regular kinah?

• LysandrosLysandros Member Posts: 44

About time NCSoft did something.

One of the worst problems MMO gaming has seen is the trade of real money for in-game perks. All players should be on a level playing field as we already pay to play.

As far as F2P go, I don't have an issue with their money-for-perk model because most F2P make it obvious that if you want "more" from the game, it's generally going to depend on how fat your wallet it.

However, with subscription based games botters/RMT whatever you want to name it, often put a very sour taste in the community. Most people want to play and compete in a friendly sense and, arguably, Real Money Trade debases the sport and fun for many players and in-turn can ruin the overall gaming experience.

• PerlinpinpinPerlinpinpin Member Posts: 8

remove money from the game or make it untradable with players

• MMOJohnnyMMOJohnny Member Posts: 7

Just so you know I'm not against them taking some action... aion needed some action.. need some rmts spam removed...so I didn't have to delete RMTs off my block list to add new ones everyday so I could do anything in the game... needed the botters removed.. remove the people buying the kinah.. but the point of this thread is not to inform people that why I'm upset because they started banning people that deserve it...

The point is because I'm upset that they're taking it as far as to now ban anyone that so much as associated with someone that was banned because "you must of known that person cheated some how and didn't turn them in" attitude or you handled kinah even if it was in a legit sale of  item to that person or because you made them a item by request even if you didn't know the kinah they paid you with was purchased.... or a legion mate gets banned so anyone ever traded anything with the guy or so much as talked to the guy before the ban is now being reviewed and could be banned for little to nothing (maybe he/she gave you a potion once in a group you were in and that person had bought the potions with bought kinah)...seriously this is what it's coming to now...  this is how far everyone thinks it should be taken?

(edited for spelling)

I personally don't see how I cheated anything.

You were fucked by your guild leader.

It is sad this happened to you, but you should blame him, no one else.

• peteski123peteski123 Member UncommonPosts: 447
    Originally posted by ascroobla

So the complaint is...  you were cheating, people wanted cheats banned, NCSoft banned the cheats including you, now you are unhappy about that?
    I do believe that you didn't know where the money came from, however I am tempted to believe that's because you didn't ask either.
    NCSoft are actually doing the right thing here and it would be good to see other developers follow this pattern too, a slash and burn policy for all those associated with cheating would deter gold farming much better than any other measure.

All big and bold when its not your account, I can imagine how forgiving you would be if it were an account you owned.

Thanks for the holy speech

• SasamiSasami Member Posts: 326
    Originally posted by BigMango

Hardly a reason for NcSoft to ban HIM! I mean clearly they gone nuts but since this is NcSoft I'm not suprised. They have really crappy customer service.

Originally posted by Sasami

Originally posted by BigMango

Hardly a reason for NcSoft to ban HIM! I mean clearly they gone nuts but since this is NcSoft I'm not suprised. They have really crappy customer service.

There are 300k+ players.

Should NCSoft take 2 days for each player to investigate his links with the RMT he benefited from, especially when he was in a corrupt guild?

What do you want? Anything done against RMT or nothing?

The guy was removed from the game because he was linked to RMT. He can now contact support to sort it out with them (will probably take him a couple weeks due to the high number of players). Meanwhile the RMT is not in the game anymore.