Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If I was coming back would it be better to install...

the game from my original cds or use the patcher launcher thing they have now?

Also, where would my naritus character be if they merged servers?

Comments

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by metatronic

the game from my original cds or use the patcher launcher thing they have now?
    Also, where would my naritus character be if they merged servers?

It would probably be faster just to use the downloader and install from there.

Your Naritus character will be locked and unable to be played until you contact SOE and have them transfer the character(s) from your dead server to one of the remaining servers.

It's free to transfer your characters from closed servers to live ones now.

Submit a ticket to in-game CS, note which character(s) you need to move and where you want them to go, and make sure that you are ticketing from the account they are on. (or if not for some reason, clearly state that in the notes) When filing your ticket, please use the [SWG] Character Transfer category, and add [ClosedCTS] at the beginning of your subject line.

In an effort to further streamline the closed-server character transfer process, several account and character requirements have been put in place. Please review the following before submitting your request:

* The account the transfer is being requested from/for must be active.

* The requested character must be level 5 or higher

* The requested character must be out of the tutorial

* The destination server must have an open slot available to receive the character

If your request does not meet these guidelines, a GM will reply to your incident with any necessary details: if requests for multiple characters are made, all qualifying characters will be transferred, and the GM will reply with a follow-up contact to verify what was and was not moved.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding a prospective transfer, please submit a help request through http://support.station.sony.com/petition, and be sure to use the [SWG] Character Transfers category when filling out the required information.

I did this with my own characters just last week, they were locked on Tarq, and they responded to my ticket not long after I submitted it. Took about 15 hours for them to process everything and finalize my transfers. Completely free.

All in all, the service was excellent.

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086

If you decide to reactivate your account, make sure you transfer your main toons to Starsider since it is the most populated and will be the most resistant to declining player populations. Flurry is a distant second population-wise followed by Bloodfin and Bria. There are two weeks left on the free vet trial, so you will have plenty of time to checkout the game for what it is now. Good luck.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by Kazara

If you decide to reactivate your account, make sure you transfer your main toons to Starsider since it is the most populated and will be the most resistant to declining player populations. Flurry is a distant second population-wise followed by Bloodfin and Bria. There are two weeks left on the free vet trial, so you will have plenty of time to checkout the game for what it is now. Good luck.

I disagree.

I would not recommend transferring to Starsider, the server is way beyond overloaded and as such has been plagued with technical issues ever since the initial transfers. The lag is unbearable at times, and would only serve to make the OPs experience frustrating.

Starsider is going to see a decline in pop sooner than you think, everyone and there dog wants off of the server, and the only thing stopping them is that they cant have a free xfer to leave.

I recommend going to Flurry or Chilastra.

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086
    Originally posted by Kost

I disagree.

I would not recommend transferring to Starsider, the server is way beyond overloaded and as such has been plagued with technical issues ever since the initial transfers. The lag is unbearable at times, and would only serve to make the OPs experience frustrating.

Starsider is going to see a decline in pop sooner than you think, everyone and there dog wants off of the server, and the only thing stopping them is that they cant have a free xfer to leave.

Nothing is more frustrating than playing on a server that has a poor population, which most of the servers currently suffer. I have logged onto Bloodfin and the population there has taken a serious nosedive since the earlier times that I have played, and it is more populated than Chilastra . It is just not group play, it is also about a good server economy, which a well populated server like Starsider will have. If this player needs to level, he will have more of an opportunity to find others to group with.

The free transfer off a closed server is a one time thing per toon, so if that player transfers his mains to one of the other marginally populated servers, and finds it not acceptable, it will be $50 per toon to transfer. I would recommend gambling on a well populated server than not. As it is, players are continuing to transfer or reroll onto Starsider for a good reason. Flurry is the only other server I would  recommend, but remember, it still doesn't have nearly the population Starsider has.

Anyone uncertain where to go that has a free character slot can roll a temporary toon to go take a look at some of the servers at his prime playing time and make a more informed decision himself.

• metatronicmetatronic Member Posts: 329

I have to say im quite impressed by this game now after not playing since the NGE went live. There seems like a ton of crap to do and once I got the animation and ui mods I felt almost like it was back to normal. Putting aside the fact they butchered the class and combat system.. This system isn't too bad and theres a new level of complexity in re-learning the game changes, how buffs work etc..

Its too bad the pre cu or CU didn't have this amount of content it probably would have retained more people from the wow/eq2 exodous  that sony wanted to get back and though a whole new game was nessesary.  The combat for melee/jedi still doesn't feel right to me.. The targeting system in particular is kind of crap and its just like I remember from the NGE launch which is what I hated the most. Tabbing to target cycles outwards instead of closest target? Idk its something i need to figure out.

One other thing I noticed is the game seems heavily dependent on buffs. More so than I ever remember. The whole buff system/food system is way more complex than it should be.. and theres way too many 15 min buff items or food that last 15 mins or elder buff that last 15 min or whatever ... I really dont wanna be casting buffs every 20 min lol.. Id rather cast them every few hours.

All in all, I give the game about a 6.9/10 once the ui/animations where modded. 5.9/10 without the mods. Its worth my time and money till kor comes out.. or diablo 3.

• GutboyGutboy Member Posts: 630

I would say transfer to Flurry, alot of Naritus transfered there RAID, ALRS, WARR, PATH and many more moved there. Also our population is great, If you are into PvP we have 1.5 to 2 hour non-stop slugfests all the time, todays was attacking a vurn base on talus, yesterday it was in Restuss. 

And we do not have the lag Starsider has.....................

In fact quite a few Starsider people are transfering to Flurry.  

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Originally posted by Kost

I disagree.

Nothing is more frustrating than playing on a server that has a poor population, which most of the servers currently suffer. I have logged onto Bloodfin and the population there has taken a serious nosedive since the earlier times that I have played, and it is more populated than Chilastra . It is just not group play, it is also about a good server economy, which a well populated server like Starsider will have. If this player needs to level, he will have more of an opportunity to find others to group with.

The free transfer off a closed server is a one time thing per toon, so if that player transfers his mains to one of the other marginally populated servers, and finds it not acceptable, it will be $50 per toon to transfer. I would recommend gambling on a well populated server than not. As it is, players are continuing to transfer or reroll onto Starsider for a good reason. Flurry is the only other server I would  recommend, but remember, it still doesn't have nearly the population Starsider has.

Anyone uncertain where to go that has a free character slot can roll a temporary toon to go take a look at some of the servers at his prime playing time and make a more informed decision himself.

I would disagree with your assesment of Chilastra vs Bloodfin.  Alot of the Bloodfin PvP'ers have moved to Chilastra ;)