Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Allods Server Connection Error From Korea

Sorry for posting about a tech issue in this forum but I exhausted my other sources including the Allods (EU) forum and the Allods dev team. 

I can install the Allods client perfectly but I cannot connect to the server.  I always get server connection error 2.8.   I have tried it on a system with the firewall disabled and no anti-virus installed.  I connect directly to my modem  - no router, so there is no reason for port forwarding.   I've tried using the repair tool, and I have downloaded the client from 5 or so of the different links. 

I live in South Korea, where I should be able to access the EU server.  According to the dev team, people in South Korea are playing the CB, but some have had similar problems, perhaps due to a "national firewall".  

Could anyone provide any sort of information regarding this issue?  Or should I just throw in the towel?  

Comments

• BsheezyBsheezy Member UncommonPosts: 88

i think the closed beta is over.  open beta starts the 16th.   could be wrong though.

• HaemonHaemon Member Posts: 6

CB4 is still up and running.  They haven't announced the close date yet.

http://en.allods.gpotato.eu/Index.aspx

lucky.  might just be having some problems.  it's beta testing, wouldn't worry too much, those kinds of things happen. 

Yeah, I'm hoping that this is something that will be addressed but I don't have much faith because, as an Allods dev team member said, "we do not support connectivity beyond Europe".  Although Allods  is open to people residing in Asia, we don't get support, so I don't think this is something very important to them, unfortunately.

well that sucks.   maybe they'll change their tone when they see how many people outside of europe want to play the game.  good luck.

• galliard1981galliard1981 Member Posts: 256

I live in Europe and cannot connect for 2 days too.

Anybody succeeded or it realy ended for now? 

Playing: Rohan
    Played (from best to worst): Shadowbane, Guild Wars, Shayia, Age of Conan, Warhammer, Runes of Magic, Rappelz, Archlord, Knight online, King of Kings, Kal online, Last chaos

It ended today.  OB will start the 16th. 

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059
    Originally posted by Haemon

Sorry for posting about a tech issue in this forum but I exhausted my other sources including the Allods (EU) forum and the Allods dev team. 
    I can install the Allods client perfectly but I cannot connect to the server.  I always get server connection error 2.8.   I have tried it on a system with the firewall disabled and no anti-virus installed.  I connect directly to my modem  - no router, so there is no reason for port forwarding.   I've tried using the repair tool, and I have downloaded the client from 5 or so of the different links. 
    I live in South Korea, where I should be able to access the EU server.  According to the dev team, people in South Korea are playing the CB, but some have had similar problems, perhaps due to a "national firewall".  
    Could anyone provide any sort of information regarding this issue?  Or should I just throw in the towel?  

I know it's considerably further away from you, but have you tried the US client?  See if it's an issue with just connecting to the EU server or not.

I tried but you have to be located in NA to register for gPotato NA.  I do have an idea for when the OB starts, although I am not sure if it will work or if it's something they would ban me for if caught.  Does anyone have experience using VPNs to play games in other regions?  I got the idea after reading about how ppl are using VPN clients to play Monster Hunter Frontier on the Korean and Japanese servers (the only places they exist currently).  The registration systems are typically much stricter for the aforementioned countries, where you have to input a unique identification number similar to a US social security number.  

*Related to what I just mentioned, but off topic*

As a foreigner in Korea, I have an id number known as my foreign registration number, which for some websites, such as pmang (games like ava, crossfire etc), will allow me to register for.  But other websites, such as nexon korea, will not allow foreigners.  strange right?  Also, although pmang allowed me to register as a foreigner, and to play games like AVA, it still won't allow foreigners to play Monster Hunter Frontier, which is offered through its service.  It actually gives an error message in Korean that says something along the lines of, "Foreigners are not allowed to register for this game." Hmm, once very homogeneous societies have some quick changing to do in order to catch up to the rapidly increasing foreign populations...

• BladedsunBladedsun Member Posts: 7

Haemon I am also trying to play from Korea. I have downloaded and patched the Open beta, registered for 2 eu accounts both under different email addresses (simply because of the error I am now getting) and have been trying to log on in many different ways. The OB is up so I figured I could play right, but now when logging in using either of my accounts it will do the whole handshaking connecting thing maybe 3 times but then come back with a message reading "incorrect id or password". The GMs havent responded to anything Ive sent them yet, so I wanted to check and see if youd gotten anything. I am redownloading and reinstalling the game right now to see what that does. TTYL

So I downloaded a VPN called Free VPN by WSC, its really slow but its free. I was able to configure it into a USA or Canada server, the EU servers were all paid servers and cannot be accessed for free. By using the VPN I was able to create a US account for allods and am now downloading the US version. Ill let you know how it goes. So far what I can say tho is that this VPN is seriously slow, the download says itll take 14hours... Last time it took less than an hour. I have a very fast computer with the best internet connection available in Korea. TTYL

Ok so I cancelled that download and just went back to my regular internet connection to do the download. The download took 20mins compared to the 14hours the VPN needed.... So I realise that playing through the VPN will be way too slow, Ive started looking into proxies and paid VPNs Ill let you know what I come up with.

Bladesun, I played today, woo!  So, what I did is, I used a VPN in America (Hotspot Shield) so I could register on gPotato America.  Then, without using the VPN, I was able to login and play just fine, with no apparent speed problems.  Give that a shot and let me know if it works for you.

By the way, I could not connect using the Euro client even while using VPNs in Germany and Japan. 

• CorruptedCorrupted Member Posts: 310

If the other answers didn't solve your problem, you may also have to download allods-ftp.gpotato.com/OBupdate.exe with the launcher closed. Run it from anywhere on your computer then start your launcher again.

I did the exact same thing Haemon, I figured youd pick up how thatd work, sorry I didnt post it lol but I got engrossed as soon as I entered the game and for some weird reason I had to restart my pc for the web to work but the game was fine so I just kept on playing lol. Maybe we could play on a guild together? Im on the Tensess server, playing Empire as an Arisen Savant, names Bladedsun, let me know whats up.

Im really having fun with this game Haemon, I hope we can be clan mates. I rerolled warrior and am building a serious tank. I did some math and the warrior has far higher armor, dodge, finesse, expertise, and damage than the paladin and so imo makes a better tank. His elite skills mostly stances but also some damage abilities and protective abilities (less time stunned, immunity to fear, immunity to damage) make him a much more solid fighter. The paladin requires cannons for his heals and his heals arent instant, so while hes taking hits he wont be healing himself, and anyways you dont want a tank healing himself anyways imo but well see. I want to lead a guild and be the maintank. I can buy a vent server and get that set up np. I was a serious WoW player, and DAOC before that, with FFXI in between for a bit. I played hardcore endgame WoW until lvl 80 where I slowed down and quit. My guild <Under Pressure> on the Akama server alliance side was 4th server wide, defeating Illidan and entering sunwell well before the frozen throne expac. I have the knowledge and do the work required for endgame raiding, I can train and build a good guild. Im on the Tensess server and need a few key players to get this thing rolling. Let me know.