Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best part of LOTRO?

Simply put tell people what you think is the best part or parts of LOTRO is.

For me it is the great community, I have yet to run into a rude member (and I've been playing Lord Of The Rings Online since 2007)

Comments

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

The best part of Lotro are my memories of good times when they were adding zones like Forochel, Evendim, enlarging Misty Mountains by 33%, Trollshaws additions, ... on regular basis - once every 2 months. Now you get less, and pay more.

REALITY CHECK

• hoockhandhoockhand Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Thillian

The best part of Lotro are my memories of good times when they were adding zones like Forochel, Evendim, enlarging Misty Mountains by 33%, Trollshaws additions, ... on regular basis - once every 2 months. Now you get less, and pay more.

HEH thats a good thing too, I remember those. probley the best memory of LOTRO was when I first started liking it.

• ParmeleParmele Member Posts: 11

Being part of a winning team. Spoiler alert! I have it on good authority that Frodo destroys the ring in the end.

No, kidding. The best part for me has been being in Middle-Earth. I'm a fanboi like that.

• jeretsujeretsu Member Posts: 10

Roleplaying and community! And lore is nice too =)

• SwampRobSwampRob Member UncommonPosts: 1,003

I love the crafting and the soloability.    This game is slowly getting more solo friendly, I hope it continues.   I had quit the game about 4 months after launch cause I was sick of seeing so many group quests in my log.

I also enjoy how crafting can make you items as good as, if not better, than what you can get out in the field.   Also, many of the items you can craft require items that can only be made by a different crafting profession.    So I quickly created enough alts to cover all the profs and am very much enjoying my solo-interdependency.

• Larry2298Larry2298 Member Posts: 865

The best part of Lotro was Tubine nerfed all weapons stats and reduced player's stats so they can release Lothrien. I am glad Turbine did that so I quit my 2 accounts to save some money.

• MyPreciousssMyPreciousss Member Posts: 427

LOTRO in a nutshell.

Positive points:

- very few bugs

- breathtaking world design and graphics

- good music and sounds

- adult atmosphere with some quirky humour

- mature and normal/nice community

- epic quests show the love, creativity and respect of Turbine for a great IP

- customizable legendary items

- rather complex crafting

- quests very well written

- zones evolving according to your character progression (Mirkwood)

- housing and trophies

- own music compositions

- skirmishes

- a lot of things to do everywhere everytime

- a lot of emotes 

- customizable characters with outfits, traits, permanent emotes

- lifetime membership

- strong background story giving meaning to your presence and quests

- already a great game and we haven't touched Rohan and Isengard yet!

Negative points:

- characters should be nicer and move more fluidly

- radiance gating (i.e. I don't like dungeons)

- annoying anti-exploit locks spoil some fights

- no dwarf female !!!

- smarter than thou bosses

- pvp zone reduced and repetitive, one side largely dominant

- lack of polish in some minor but annoying things like interface, interaction, quest directions and instances

- only worthless fishing as hobby

Conclusion : an already excellent mmorpg improving at every patch !

• GidSlackGidSlack Member Posts: 173

One word:  The Shire (ok, I guess that's two).

Also the playerbase.  I think this is where all the oldschool PvE players went.

• ZilverrugZilverrug Member Posts: 132
    Originally posted by GidSlack

One word:  The Shire (ok, I guess that's two).
    Also the playerbase.  I think this is where all the oldschool PvE players went.

I completely agree on both!

• UW1975UW1975 Member Posts: 183

The game is awesome. But what makes it really shine is the community. Few dramas, very mature and friendly.

I suspect the lack of PvP has kept out of the game a lot of drama and immature players (BTW not all the PvP players are immature, but PVP is known to flare anger and ego)

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

The community is the best part. Too bad the game is horribly dull and boring or else I would have been back playing a long time ago.

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

Smoking, dancing, musical instrument playing, yeah the ingame community rocks, brings me back for more at the Pony in Bree.  

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

I always find it funny about the post about the comunity and how friendly it is.  

Rofl either soembdoy does not read the official forums or watch glff becaue if they did I think they would have a different view of the comunity.

Turbines comunity is no different than any other game, certain folks are allowed to get away with more than others, and you have to ask yourself why?  The names are the same just diffeent forums and its the same old stuff even in game.

• ForceQuitForceQuit Member Posts: 350

community and rp imo

• UW1975UW1975 Member Posts: 183
    Originally posted by erictlewis

I always find it funny about the post about the comunity and how friendly it is.  
    Rofl either soembdoy does not read the official forums or watch glff becaue if they did I think they would have a different view of the comunity.
    Turbines comunity is no different than any other game, certain folks are allowed to get away with more than others, and you have to ask yourself why?  The names are the same just diffeent forums and its the same old stuff even in game.

Do you realize that the forums (and I think you are speaking of the PvP sections, which makes my point of PvP flaring drama) and the GLFF channel is used by a very small, albeit vocal, part of the community?

I'm heavily involved in socializing and grouping and can tell you the average player in LOTRO is very friendly and mature. And when I say mature, I do not speak about the RL age ( I have seen 18 year-old mature people and 40 years-old acting like jerks)

so yes, I won't speak for the other games, but LOTRO has definitely a very nice environment.

• SwampRobSwampRob Member UncommonPosts: 1,003
    Originally posted by UW1975

Originally posted by erictlewis

Do you realize that the forums (and I think you are speaking of the PvP sections, which makes my point of PvP flaring drama) and the GLFF channel is used by a very small, albeit vocal, part of the community?

I'm heavily involved in socializing and grouping and can tell you the average player in LOTRO is very friendly and mature. And when I say mature, I do not speak about the RL age ( I have seen 18 year-old mature people and 40 years-old acting like jerks)

so yes, I won't speak for the other games, but LOTRO has definitely a very nice environment.

I gotta agree.   Lotro's social maturity certainly seems to better than many MMO's.

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

1. Wardens.

2. The PvE/authentic feel of the world (if you let yourself get immersed, there are many details and beautiful graphics that really draw you in).

3. Community and/or social aspects.

So what, I listed three instead of one! Wutchoogunnadewboutit?

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001
    Originally posted by jeretsu

Roleplaying and community! And lore is nice too =)

This :)

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• ComstrikeComstrike Member Posts: 21

The community, RP, the graphics, the Lore, and Kinships.

Comstrike
    Founder, Leader, www.SonsOfNumenor.com LOTRO - SW.ToR (Yes, we are recruiting)

Smoking weed, music system, immersive atmosphere and the people played with. Kinship houses are cool too.

• KruulKruul Member UncommonPosts: 482

being able to slap an ass )

Originally posted by nyxium

Smoking weed, music system, immersive atmosphere and the people played with. Kinship houses are cool too.

That playing with people bit sounded just wrong. It was supposed to mean other players in the game. :S

Also the 'distant imposters' feature enabled add to the beauty of the game, coupled with triple buffering (which doesnt put any noticable strain to my computer) makes the graphics seamless, or at least theres no flicker. Another good point is that LoTR doesnt make my computer overheat like games such as WoW does.

• lovebuglovebug Member UncommonPosts: 260

only thing i hate in this game is the loot sys dull has hell all you find is junk and crafting loot  no rare armour and weps,

dont know if this has changed any not played for 6 mouths.