Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LEGO Universe: Sign up for BETA Testing NOW!

2»

Comments

  • PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102
    Originally posted by Josexph

    Originally posted by TdogSkal


    Lego's are about freedom and creativity.  That is why I love them and will try this game out.  Lego Universe is about freedom, exploring, building, creating.  Whats not to love about that?
    Todays MMOs are about holding your hand from quest hub to quest hub with no creativity nor freedom.  Even if i have to play with a bunch of 5 years, I am willing to bet the community will be better then most of the MMOs on the market.

     

    You might want to look into this game before you make any decisions haha. This game will be highly regulated as stated (by devs). Hince the creativity and freedom you think you will have, is gone. This game will BY FAR hold you hand the whole way, hell it might even pick you up and carry you around if we are getting into analogies.



     

    So you are bashing the game because you wont be able to build giant penises and stuff in it?

    I guess we should be happyy people like you wont play it :p

    If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

  • JosexphJosexph Member Posts: 121
    Originally posted by grandpagamer

    Originally posted by Mellow44

    Originally posted by grandpagamer

    Originally posted by Mellow44

    Originally posted by grandpagamer


    The Lego games usually  do pretty well in sales and reviews. I havnt played one myself but to say they are for kids is funny. These are video games we are talking about right?

     

    Video games are for grownups now?

    I play nintendo, I'm 43.

    I play playstation and read comics, I'm 53.  I guess being able to laugh at myself is a good thing.

     

    I don't know how to respond to that.

    I think i wasnt clear with my posting how I  find it funny people call Lego games, "kid games". All of these games are kids games.  

     

    I don't know about you, but I don't see many parents letting their kids play Mortal Online these days.

  • OutaiOutai Member UncommonPosts: 77

    Yaay, signing up right away. How limited is the building and what is the the target audience? Mature ppl only play violent and sex filled games, rite?!

  • johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663

     You guys haven't done much research. You collect bricks over time through missions with the animated building and you can build whatever you want with those bricks.

  • NovaKayneNovaKayne Member Posts: 743
    Originally posted by Outai


    Yaay, signing up right away. How limited is the building and what is the the target audience? Mature ppl only play violent and sex filled games, rite?!



     

    From what I have read it will play a lot like some of the single player lego games out there.  However, there will be items and bricks you can collect to build individual stuff outside of this.   How far this will go and whether there will be items you can build that are permanent ( like housing or transportation ) who knows for sure?

     

    I like hte idea of having the different genres to play in ( thinking they are tying in the pirates and knights and undersea and space exploration ) while allowing some progression in the game.  Highly interested in what they are going to do with it.

     

    I do not think you will be able to build ANYTHING but, it will be interesting to see what you can build with the collected bricks.  Also be interesting to see how you can INTERACT with the items you build as well. 

     

    Excited to see something new and interesting out in the MMO world.

    Say hello, To the things you've left behind. They are more a part of your life now that you can't touch them.

  • OutaiOutai Member UncommonPosts: 77

    Sorry, sometimes I get lazy. Sounds awesome. I wonder though if it will feel a bit lame, just like if I read a book with eBook reader, or dl music from internet and play on mp3 instead of going buy new disk for a gramophone.



     

    [edit]: Thanks, Novakayne! Once again a game that -could- be made very good, but will that potential be used? I'd really hate to see them try to go for the stereotypic theme park.

  • mlauzonmlauzon Member UncommonPosts: 767


    Originally posted by Ztekan
    Guys , its Lego we are talking about , thats the kind of toys "Games" i would give my 5 year old son.
     

    And your point being..?!

    --
    Michael

  • HoobleyHoobley Member Posts: 421
    Originally posted by Josexph

    Originally posted by TdogSkal


    Lego's are about freedom and creativity.  That is why I love them and will try this game out.  Lego Universe is about freedom, exploring, building, creating.  Whats not to love about that?
    Todays MMOs are about holding your hand from quest hub to quest hub with no creativity nor freedom.  Even if i have to play with a bunch of 5 years, I am willing to bet the community will be better then most of the MMOs on the market.

     

    You might want to look into this game before you make any decisions haha. This game will be highly regulated as stated (by devs). Hince the creativity and freedom you think you will have, is gone. This game will BY FAR hold you hand the whole way, hell it might even pick you up and carry you around if we are getting into analogies.

     

    I think you are wrong.

     

    If creative to you means creating a huge LEGO penis then alright, I concede, the creativity is gone...

     

    So long as you keep your imagination within the bounds of moral decency your user made creations will be submitted and approved no problem.

     

    I've played other games where submissions are vetted before being entered into the game world, it's really not a big deal at all.

     

    I also liked the 20 year old that's too grown up for LEGO - I'm 34 and just recently got a couple of boxes of Duplo for my 2 year old girl. When I was in the shop I was 'YES! Finally she's getting old enough for LEGO! Something I can play with too!!!'

     

    The greatest toy of all time in my opinion. You're never to old to create and use your imagination.

  • TdogSkalTdogSkal Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Originally posted by Hoobley


    The greatest toy of all time in my opinion. You're never to old to create and use your imagination.



     

    This is so true, you are never to old to use your imagination. That is what we tend to forget as adults.  Being creative and using our imaginations are ageless activities.

    Sooner or Later

  • LEX.ANLEX.AN Member Posts: 5

     I'm just a big kid who happens to be 36.

  • NovaKayneNovaKayne Member Posts: 743
    Originally posted by Outai


    Sorry, sometimes I get lazy. Sounds awesome. I wonder though if it will feel a bit lame, just like if I read a book with eBook reader, or dl music from internet and play on mp3 instead of going buy new disk for a gramophone.


     
    [edit]: Thanks, Novakayne! Once again a game that -could- be made very good, but will that potential be used? I'd really hate to see them try to go for the stereotypic theme park.



     

    /agreed

     

    I would like to get in the beta and push it along but, who knows.  My biggest complaint would be the bricks you collect being item 1 of 12 for housing style 3.  My biggest wish is I get 12 1x10x3 or 15 4x8x1 and can put them together how I want.  Submit it to through the vetting process and viola!  I got a boat or a snow mobile or a .... or a .....

    Say hello, To the things you've left behind. They are more a part of your life now that you can't touch them.

Sign In or Register to comment.