Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The BAD sides of EVE online the GOOD sides and the of Darkspace.

lotharrlotharr Member Posts: 981

I have thinked to subscrible EVE online again, so i were thinking to know is there ANYTHING bad in EVE online? so then i can check that shall i like the game, i have played it  but only sometime

Then i havent even thinked of buying Darkspace so i would have the GOOD sides of it.

I have heard something like the EVE its boring but more things to do and its more RPG.

And then I have heard that Darkspace i almost only PvPing... nothing else.

So all who know anything about of Darkspace or EVE online, submit your answer here. image

You Choose, but if you say like that to your friend you dont. Got it?

Comments

• ExekileExekile Member UncommonPosts: 80

Can't you atleast try to write in a way that people can understand?
    Please.

• lotharrlotharr Member Posts: 981

Originally posted by Exekile

Can't you atleast try to write in a way that people can understand?
    Please.

ok, say what were wrong in my text. please.

• XiraXira Member Posts: 437

Bad points EVE:

Poor incentives program that effectivly forces people into the PK zones.

Huge death penalty.

Real-time training system ensures that, given equal skill, you will always lose to a longer time player.

Good points to darkspace:

Low death penalty.

Excllent custimization of ships.

PVP ranking system.

Skill based rank advancement.

• lotharrlotharr Member Posts: 981
    wich is better, what do you think?image

• Kaos_nyrbKaos_nyrb Member Posts: 244
    I Suggest you look into vendetta online, similar genre to darkspace and EVE but different.
    Twitch based combat means that skill actually plays a large role in combat and there is other things to do also.
    Trading is dynamic and Mining is on it's way shortly

Theres a free trail so you got nothing to lose! image

KAos_nyrb

• LreguizrLreguizr Member Posts: 207

I was gonna mention Jumpgate but the online numbers are kind of a joke.

• eaglerangereagleranger Member Posts: 66

hmmmm i have played eve and darkspace ,,,,,,,they both have there good points  they both have good graphics  it depends on what you preferr i like intense pvp with large fleet actions and lots of team work and the tactics and strategy of darkspace

eve i liked the many options of what you could be and the political interaction with other live players

but all in all  i choose darkspace  for three basic reasons

1) its a work in progress it keeps getting better and better because the dev team listens to the customer (it is a passion /love created idea that keeps getting expanded on ) it wasnt promoted or advertised with millons of  $$$$ it is advertised by the very community and player base word of mouth not because they got payed ,, but for the reason they played the game and  it was  awsome!!!! the best experience  for $10.00 a month

2) the intense game play of super charged combat of large fleets for the simple capture of just one planet  and im here to tell you there is a lot of space  and planets to mine, build, and try to protect

3) COMMUNITY yes there may be acouple of short sighted gamers in the community  but im here to tell you that 99% are fantastic high honor and integrity  thats is something you dont find in every gaming community 

i fight the battles other fear

EagleRanger

i fight the battles other fear

EagleRanger

• crockcrock Member Posts: 556

eve is nice game
    both gameplay and grafics

but....if u wonna play it...u need at least 3-4 months
    u dont need to play at all this time..just log sometimes in...click on teh skill to rise and log out

after 4 months u can enjoy this game
    u can get money quik..have nice ships etc

::::01::::::01::::::01::::::01::

• LittleManLittleMan Member Posts: 29

well then, I never had the desire to play any of those 3d RTS space games these days, while I would perfer twitch based space combat games over point and click space games..

sadly.. my current addiction is Jumpgate where theres hardley any online players.. I was tempted to try out the EU version of Jumpgate.

----------------------------------------------------

The mmo space simulator with a skilled based zero-G flight system.

Don't let it die!
  • fleabaitfleabait Member Posts: 3

LittleMan, I would highly recommend you try Vendetta-Online. It is a growing game with twitch based combat. Probably the best thing about it is the fact that the developers are a small group (4 people) who are devoted to producing an excellent game, and including the community in the process by encouraging suggestions and such.

• Originally posted by Xira

Bad points EVE:

FALSE.

We went over this before. Current EvE players have stated that players who do NOT want to PvP can mine, engage NPCs, do missions, etc.. without having to go into PvP zones. You claim all current EvE players are lying. And alas, you yourself state you are not a current EvE player.

Huge death penalty.

FALSE.

Death is realated to risk. If one wants to hunt other players, then the risk is higher. If one wants to hunt NPCs, the risk is not as high. One can RUN anytime they want. Players who actually take some time to study the game, and use their brain, face the least risk of all. They understand there are tons of equipment they can put on their ship to help them with whatever risk they decided to take.

Death penalties in EvE are far better than SWG, and many other new MMORPGs. Even EQ has recently dumbed down its death penalties.

Real-time training system ensures that, given equal skill, you will always lose to a longer time player.

FALSE.

1. You first complain about "forced" PvP, then you make this statement basically complaining PvP is bad for players who do want to PvP. First, this statement of yours does NOT apply to non PvP players. Since they abviously will not be going up against any players - long time players or short time players.

2. It takes roughly 2 months for any player who does want to PvP to be able to get a nice enough ship, AND understand the game enough, to have a chance vs any player. When going up against another player it is all about one's character's skills + PLUS + what ship they have + PLUS + what equipment they have in their ship. Since no one ship can have every type of equipment it means one will NOT always lose to a longtime player.

Good points to darkspace:

Low death penalty.

Excllent custimization of ships.

PVP ranking system.

Skill based rank advancement.

I have not played Darkspace yet, nor do I currently   play it, so I cannot comment on it. Nor will I pretend to know what it is currently like.

-Personal Website (A Work in progress):
    http://www.geocities.com/xplororor/index.html
    -AC, AC2, AO, EQ, SWG:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor
    -More SWG:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/captain_sica_xol
    -EverQuest II:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_eq2archives01
    -EQ, Dungeon Siege, Diablo II, *UXO*:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_archives01
    -EVE Online !!!
    http://community.webshots.com/user/sica_xol_archives01

• XiraXira Member Posts: 437

Originally posted by xplororor

Originally posted by Xira

Bad points EVE:
      FALSE.
     We went over this before. Current EvE players have stated that players who do NOT want to PvP can mine, engage NPCs, do missions, etc.. without having to go into PvP zones. You claim all current EvE players are lying. And alas, you yourself state you are not a current EvE player.
    FALSE!!!!!!!
    We went over this before. Without opening to PVP you can only mine the gimp newbie ores. Kill snakes forever in freeport anyone?
    Huge death penalty.
      FALSE.
     Death is realated to risk. If one wants to hunt other players, then the risk is higher. If one wants to hunt NPCs, the risk is not as high. One can RUN anytime they want. Players who actually take some time to study the game, and use their brain, face the least risk of all. They understand there are tons of equipment they can put on their ship to help them with whatever risk they decided to take.
    You can only RUN anytime you want if you gimp out your ship for everything BUT Running like a girl. IF you want to hunt NPCs you can't run from a PK.
    Also, while there is insurance and cloning. When your ship is destroyed you lose all your mobs, which are often 4-5X the cost of the ship.
    In essence you start over with whatever money you rembered to bank.

FALSE.
     1. You first complain about "forced" PvP, then you make this statement basically complaining PvP is bad for players who do want to PvP. First, this statement of yours does NOT apply to non PvP players. Since they abviously will not be going up against any players - long time players or short time players.

FALSE!!!!!
    So what dude? My correct statement does not apply to the perma-newbies it has no bussiness applying to?
    Oh but that's right you are on something pretty dam good I'd say, or you'd realise that a correct statement about a negative point is STILL A CORRECT STATEMENT ABOUT A NEGATIVE POINT!!!

2. It takes roughly 2 months for any player who does want to PvP to be able to get a nice enough ship, AND understand the game enough, to have a chance vs any player. When going up against another player it is all about one's character's skills + PLUS + what ship they have + PLUS + what equipment they have in their ship. Since no one ship can have every type of equipment it means one will NOT always lose to a longtime player.

Man you just keep sounding dumber and dumber.
    Look man. GIVEN FUCKING EQUAL SKILL. EQUAL SKILL.

Get the 2 words though your head! EQUAL SKILL!
    Assuming the same skill level, which means the same loadout on the ships, a newer player will always lose to an older player.

• Originally posted by Xira

FALSE!!!!!!!

We went over this before. Without opening to PVP you can only mine the gimp newbie ores. Kill snakes forever in freeport anyone?

*sigh*

I will let all the lurkers decide what to believe. If you, who do not currently play EvE, personally want to continue believing all new players are stuck minining in 1 system forever until they PvP then keep on believing it. You are right, all the EvE screenshots in my sig are are fakes, especially the ones I took of the other player ships (like that NICE player battleship image) because hey... I was stuck in the 1 same newbie area .... right? Riiiiiight. I currently play EvE. You do not. I started as a newbie recently. I have experience the fact that a newbie can come and go, make a living, enjoy the game, without being forced to PvP. image

You can only RUN anytime you want if you gimp out your ship for everything BUT Running like a girl.

Now you are saying running means one is a girl? Hmmm... Again, I will leave it to the lurkers to decide what they believe. A currently player of EvE who says one can run anytime from NPCs, or from other players. Or someone who is not a current player.

IF you want to hunt NPCs you can't run from a PK.

*sigh*

Oh yes you can. Also a PK cannot mess with you if all you want to do is hunt NPCs. It is 99% impossible. They will be commiting suicide if they try to PK a player who does not want to PK. Even a PKer will not want to keep throwing away their ship 100 times over and over. This is NOT UO when it first released. Death in EvE hurts. Even to wannabe PKers.

Also, while there is insurance and cloning. When your ship is destroyed you lose all your mobs, which are often 4-5X the cost of the ship.

Like I said, the risk matches the reward. EvE is a thinking person's game. One knows AHEAD of time what the risk is before engaging in it. Do not want to PK? Then do not go into PK areas. Not sure how strong that other player is? Visually check out his/her ship, in addition to scanning it. Watch your radar. It is very hard to lose your ship if you think. Same with fights vs NPCs. If you see your shields going down, obviously run before your hull starts getting hit.

In essence you start over with whatever money you rembered to bank.

And? Yes? So? It is very easy to make money in EvE. And with any MMORPG any player who engages in PvP (in EvE, TDZK, DAoC, EQ, AO, RS, AS3, etc...) should have enough common sense to know ahead of time what the death consequences are, and prepare ahead of time for it. Which includes first saving up enough money to easily get a new ship, parts, etc...)

Last, you are not automatically forced to start over with JUST whatever you have in the bank. See, IF you were a current player you would know that players can store more than 1 ship. imageimage

FALSE!!!!!

So what dude? My correct statement does not apply to the perma-newbies it has no bussiness applying to?

Again, you claim everyone is forced to be a perma-newbie because everyone is forced to PvP in order to get access to better minerals, etc... Current EvE players have said this is not true. You who are not a current player, continue to ignore the statements of current players. I leave it to the lurkers to decide who to believe.

[XplOrOrOr originally posted:]

[Xira then responded by posting:]

Man you just keep sounding dumber and dumber.

Look man. GIVEN FUCKING EQUAL SKILL. EQUAL SKILL.

Get the 2 words though your head! EQUAL SKILL!

Assuming the same skill level, which means the same loadout on the ships, a newer player will always lose to an older player.

Thank you for showing why being a current player means sooo much more than someone who is NOT a current player. A long term player can have 100 skills. 500 million money. They still can ONLY use 1 ship at a time. Whatever ship they are using has a set limit of spaces for equipment.

A 2 month old player can have 25 skills. 100 million money. They still can ONLY use 1 ship at a time. Whatever ship they are using has a set number of equipment.

Xira, after 2 months of PvE in many areas in EvE decides to engage in PvP. Xira has saved up enough to get a battleship. Xira's Battleship has 100 space for equipment. There are over 1,000 types of equipment available. It is up to Xira to decide which equipment to pick and choose to win in PvP.

XplOrOrOr has been playing for 1 year. He has a Battleship. XplOrOrOr's Battleship has 100 space for equipment. There are over 1,000 types of equipment available. It is up to XplOrOrOr to decide which equipment to pick and choose to win in PvP.

Xira goes into a PvP area in which there is low to no NPC Police patroling. XplOrOrOr is also there. They fight. XplOrOrOr will not automatically win. Why? Even though he has more skills than Xira, more maximum skills, Xira could have certain equipment that outmatches XplOrOrOr's equipment. Same ships, different equipment. Both ships have the same number of space.   Thus XplOrOrOr the long term player cannot have every possible equipment on his ship. He has to pick and choose and HOPE his choices are good enough to win in PvP.

EvE is NOT like DAoC. In DAoC a long term player IS indeed automatically invincible to a newer player. Even if the long term player does absolutly nothing, never swings, fires a shot, etc...

-Personal Website (A Work in progress):
    http://www.geocities.com/xplororor/index.html
    -AC, AC2, AO, EQ, SWG:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor
    -More SWG:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/captain_sica_xol
    -EverQuest II:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_eq2archives01
    -EQ, Dungeon Siege, Diablo II, *UXO*:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_archives01
    -EVE Online !!!
    http://community.webshots.com/user/sica_xol_archives01

• AeriousAerious Member Posts: 3

How long has Darkspace been out? I've been playing Eve since late August. It's a lot of fun even though it does take time to train skills so you can really enjoy it, at least with the new learning skills that have come out it will help the new players train a lot faster. I also think that it isn't purely about who has the most skill points. You can set up ships so many different ways that a lot of combat goes into who has the better equiped ships. As long as you aren't too far off in skill training. I also think that that is only in a 1 on 1 enviroment. When you get big fights I think everyone will have a place in it. After all someone in a cruiser with tons of defenders and the like could help a lot of their friends. Either way when Exodus comes out and they add player structures it's going to make battles a lot bigger and more fun. Controling the rare minerals is still what the game is about.

You can play eve and playing it like a NonPvp by staying in safe space (Which is fairly large areas) or you can play it like a PVP game by staying in the fringe space. I came from AC (Darktide) because I have always found that the best competition is not vs the Computer AI but vs other people. It's been a big change in the space vs fantasy genre, but it has also been fairly cool, I like taking time to build a character, I hate to think the time I play is wasted, which I guess it could be considered anyways hehe.. But, still it's nice to think that if you play hard you get benefit out of it. Better ships, better weapons etc. It balances out well with the casual player because of skill training being a real time requirment.

Anyways, back to why I started the reply. Someone tell me about Darkspace, give me a like. I haven't check it out yet. And, as any TRUE MMORPGer will tell you, "I'm always looking for a better game" After all, nothing is perfect.. heh..

• rcxdudercxdude Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by Xira

Huge death penalty.

not really true.. for my char, dath is an annoyance more than anything else, simply because it means  have to go buy a new ship and trvel around looking for new mods. the cost of it doesen't really bother me, bacause my ship is always insured, and my clone isen't that expensive. some people even kill themselves bcause it means they can travel quicker!

again, not really true. although a longer time player may have better skills, it only means he can fit more types of guns on his ship, maybe fit a bit more, and some of his stats might be a bit better. it really comes down to how good our setup is, and whether you are in the right situaion for your setup. also,  as you train up a skill, it takes longer to gain the same bonus. it takes almost as long to train a skil from level 4 to 5 then it took in total to get it to level 4. this narrows the gap between old and new players as well.

bad points oof eve as far as i can tell.... well, you need to be patient mostly. it will take a few months to get enough skils to use a reasonable ship, and use a majority of the mods. and  the most profitable profession, mining, is incredebly boring for most people (doesen't mean you have to! some people do fine without ever fitting a mining laser once. (apart from the begging n00b ship)

don't play darkspace, so can't comment on it

• 3-peat3-peat Member Posts: 5

I really don't get the idea why anyone thinks there is a huge death penalty in EVE. If someone is dumb, then yes I can agree that there is some truth in that. Still, most players are not that dumb. There are two things to keep in mind when evaluating death penalty in EVE. First when you are newbie and second as player with alot of skills. If you are noob the penalty isn't high (that is if your IQ is a little bit over 50). If you are smart enough then you will realize that if you insure your ship and remember to keep your clone updated your real loss isn't going to be so much. Yes you might loose some equipment but that's it. This is the time where you learn how to avoid death in the game. After all, this game as most others are all about learning how to survive, when you get the basic it is all up from that point.

It isn't until your skill points become so high that your clone can't cover it, that it starts to hurt. But then again, if you have been playing for long enough to have few million skill points I sure hope you are smart enough to realize how to play the game. It takes more then few months to get to the point when your clone doesn't cover your skill point, and if you can't learn the basic concept of surviving in the game in few months, then I doubt that there is anything that I can say to explain this to you.

I am currently playing DS and I must say that I am very disappointed. Unlike in EVE there are no safe areas that I can work in while I'm gathering skills. I can be killed anywhere. Also I think that the game is very unbalanced. In EVE I can easily take out more experienced player in 1 on 1 (that is if I'm smart) but in DS that doesn't happen.

Someone mention erlier the idea of experienced EVE player vs. noob. If everything equal then the experienced player should win. Ok, that is how it is and to be hounest, that's how it should be. After all, what do you want? You want the noob always to win when he engages an experience player? That would most likely kill the game. For the concept "for everything equal" I must say, I hardly ever see that happen, we all have our favorits weapons, some might like missiles, others guns or smartbombs etc, it all depends on the player. So even a newbie can beat an experienced player; he just has to be smart and outfit his ship acording to the weakness of his opponents ship. In DS, a destroyer takes out a frigate without any problem. Since I can only use frigate and I have to work in the same area as people with destroyers I am doomed to be killed regulary and there is nothing I can do about that. This is just a fact that I have to accept, and I have to wait until I get enough experience to be able to fly bigger ships.

Overall I rate EVE as a much better game then DS but I also have to admit that DS has it's good sides, maybe Im wrong in my judgement but so far this my opinion. Maybe with more experience and better ships I will start to appriciate DS more, but at the moment I'm not that impressed.

• TrianonTrianon Member Posts: 112

Death penalyty????? Clone jumping is the quickest way to move around Eve, if you lose your ship insurnace covers it, I have some issues with Eve but the penalty for dying isn't one of them, unless your insane and travel around 0.0 in a bestower with 100K of Zyd.....

• killkoolkillkool Member UncommonPosts: 83

If you die and you have your ship not insured, you have no clone, you have atribbutes in your head say +3 skill

Losses are Battleship 100 Mil, clone 1 year learning, 5 atribbutes average cost 20 mil per peace, if you get pod killed.

So you loose 200 mil that is without the advanced equipment you had bought so you can loose a ship and drived in space like a corps. The losses can be over 200 till 500 mil. Also 1 year of leaning or more is complely wasted.

So many pirates have no attributes in there head. They learn slower as the people who are in empire space. Because attributes you can not ensure also advanced equipment is not too ensure.

I have ensured my two battleship too the max. Cost 35 mil per BS (3 months)

I have 1 Clone cost 11 Mil.

If pirate dies a couple times in a row his wallet is fairly fast empty. So most hunt in cruisers they are cheap.

I play this game already 18 months and i hate pvp so my skills are not trained in that at all.

AKimage

• ZipehZipeh Member Posts: 265

its up to the user what they risk and how they risk it.

i been playing since release .. but i dont fight in a bs . i dont have the skills.. so i fly a frig or a cruiser.

i have my clone up to date.

i lost implants to some enemy players .. so now im free to combat all i like.

i insure even my frigs.

i dont use eq i cant afford to lose.  i save that for npc hunting which i can better predict the outcome.

i know that every time i undock that i could lose what im flying, my clone and my eq - i dont venture around blindly . and if i get killed .. so be it.   risk v. reward

the fact there is a death penalty is what makes pvp sp much fun, or npc hunting for that matter .. if there was no loss then there would be no risk, and without risk there would be no excitment... no tightening of your chest, no adrenaline .. no fun.

• rcxdudercxdude Member Posts: 3

when you die without a sufficient clone you lose about 40% of the un-insured skillpoints. any player that as been playing so long that if he dies wothout a clone an loses 1 year of training should be poded repeatedly untile they have no skills whatsoever, because they should know better.

in other words, anyone with half a brain isen't going to lose much more than a week of training, max.

• mlang1mlang1 Member Posts: 8

Eve is the only game where virtually any comment anyone makes about gameplay or good/bad points causes immediate and usually well argued debate.

That should tell you something about the game ie it is very, very open and you can play it practically any way you want.  One day all games will be this good....

• MrPopovMrPopov Member Posts: 217

EVE is the king of risk vs reward. Higher risk you take, the greater the rewards.

Risk can include dangers from NPC pirates, but most importantly from other players. Finally, it doesn't even have to be risk of losing a ship, you can see a profitable trade route, a popular blueprint offer, or mryiad of other choices all designed to pit your skill (in-game or real-life business skills) against another.

• NaosNaos Member Posts: 379

Originally posted by fleabait
    LittleMan, I would highly recommend you try Vendetta-Online. It is a growing game with twitch based combat. Probably the best thing about it is the fact that the developers are a small group (4 people) who are devoted to producing an excellent game, and including the community in the process by encouraging suggestions and such.

Vendetta-Online is utter crap unless you live in the 1980's please dont mention its name again.

• AlkatrazAlkatraz Member Posts: 119

Bad points.....hmmm...lets see....

From a new player point of view the bigest bad point would be the skill system due to fact that u will have to wait at least 2 months before even trying to pvp in a frigate

The second bad point is in my opinion the constant and brutal nerf of all things.....after training for 6 months or even more u will find out that the skills u have invested so much time are totaly useless and that u have to start training something else in order to be able to hit anything but a station (see the curent state of projectiles).

The third bad point is lag when fighting in medium to large battles (every1 blobs these days and if the enemy doesn't have at least 7 vs 1 odds they won't  attack )

The forth bad point are bugs....but u will get used to them if u would have played long enough.

THE GOOD points of eve :

PVP is NOT consensual....u can attack some1 regardless of his location (trough wars) and u can force some1 into pvp or pay for their carebearism

Generaly the comunity is formed up by people older then 12 years

• AltugAltug Member UncommonPosts: 24

I am playing EVE since 3 months. Short time thinking the game is over a year old. I may be wrong at some things, but thse are my opinion of the game so far.

EVE is not a game for those who expect action all of the time. To call it boring just because it lacks the hack and slash of diablo would be wrong. (There are many other reasons that make the game boring though image )

Lag isnt a problem. I think Alkatraz tried to play the game when the Exodus expansion was fresh out. I admit lag was intolerable back than, but porlly it was due all the people trying to downlaod and to log in. I watched a 2 vs 20 battle a few days ago, not a problem, even with battleships launching waves of drones and missiles flying all over.

Skill system in real time sounded a fair way at the start. I thought that would balance the game between people who play a few hours a day, and those 7/24 non stop freaks. but I was definetly wrong. The system allows elder players always win over, you dont stand a chance if youre a newbie and want to protect yourself against the horde of old pirates annoying you.

I am surprised a lot of tactics can be used in combat, thinking battles takes place within vast empty space. However newbies learn these tactics while being defeated by old ones. So getting into a big battleship doesnt make one equal.

Community is a real annoyance of the game. With so many free trial accounts around, many create spy accounts to trap their enemies. So people became paranoid of everyone passing near them. People lie whenever they have to chance to trick others. Even in the help channel people give false information to newbies, or lure them to become pirates to annoy their enemies.

But sure this helps people to stick to their real friends. If you prove that you are trustworty, whenever you fall into trouble, help comes. Some will offer you new ships to replace your losses (even cruisers worth a few million), some will chase your aggressors as their blood enemies image

The loss of death depends totally how risky you play. If you fly around in a battleship with implants in your head worth millions, you can loose a lot. Thats like going with a thick wallet into slums, better have anything with you to protect your assets.

I dont understand those who said you can loose skill points when you die. If you play a game where your character can die, you better save the game at some point. And cloning is not harder than saving while playing a FPS. If you forget to save, please dont blame the game.

Another downside of EVE is that you can only fly one ship at a time. And ship equipment options are rather limited. Dont get fooled by the hundreds of items in the market, only few are best. Either you carry these, or you die. There isnt many ship types, any ship differs only if it does carry a normal or unique version of equipment in it. You learn the weaknesses fast, you know which ship you can defeat, which you wont. (Yeah yeah, the market is full of different types of ships, but only a few are good, others crap)

PvP in the game is a must. If you are a peaceful miner, who digs astreoids while fending off AI pirates and happily living, wake up fast, you are daydreaming. Pirates roam everywhere but the newbie areas. Security corporations who offer protection are alternate characters of pirates. Big anti-pirates always come late (makes one wonder), and they make big speeces how they reclaimed space from evil-doers. When they leave the system pirates come again, its you and your friends who defend.

But PvP in EVE strongly favors pirates. If you try to catch them somehow, they simply go offline. Few are dumb enough not to carry protection against ship capturing methods like webbing, others simply slip away from your hand. Also many a pirate are alternate characters or have several accounts like 8-12 accounts. I am not joking, there are some people out there who pay for so many accounts each month.

Enough talked... There are free accounts everywhere, download and see yourself. But get ready for a game which can be real boring.