Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Character wipe?

toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

After CB is over will there be a character wipe?

I would guess yes but f2p games make up there own rules as they go, I would just like to know for sure.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
Now Playing: N/A
Worst MMO: FFXIV
Favorite MMO: FFXI

Comments

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Even f2p in CB they do wipes so yes.

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614

Yes they confirmed a wipe after cb

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708
    Originally posted by toddze

I would guess yes but f2p games make up there own rules as they go, I would just like to know for sure.

I would also like to add that they stated that they will not wipe after open beta. Consider it like a soft launch!

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150
    Originally posted by vmoped

I would also like to add that they stated that they will not wipe after open beta. Consider it like a soft launch!

Cheers!

I consider it a launched when anyone can DL the game and play, but thats just me. Ah well a character wipe is no big deal.

• piithpiith Member Posts: 95

it would not be wise to wipe characters after a cash shop or item mall has been open, not saying they could not or would not, just saying not a smart move.

I see no reason for a wipe of the CBT characters, this was a first for me to be involved in a testing, that you were not given any extra in-game money or items to be tested or help expedite testing, this close beta was really looked and felt like a limited open beta with no CS or IM.

it makes since that they will wipe the characters, because more items will be purchased

• HoekzemaHoekzema Member Posts: 14

I don't think so anyway.

My sister was able to enter the game without having a beta key or anything 0_o,

Isn't it alraidy in open beta right now?

I still have my character :)

Not that it's a very high one.

Originally posted by Hoekzema

I don't think so anyway.
    My sister was able to enter the game without having a beta key or anything 0_o,
    Isn't it alraidy in open beta right now?
    I still have my character :)
    Not that it's a very high one.

naw its going to be wiped (OB starts) so dont get to comphy with your character, Since thats a few days away ill just wait untill then to start playing again.

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614

People, just read the OFFICIAL faq on the allods forums regarding CB4 and it CLEARLY states that all characters will be wiped afterwards.  Or, keep believing they won't be and be pissed when they are, your choice.

• Equinsu_OchaEquinsu_Ocha Member UncommonPosts: 112
    Originally posted by Margulis

People, just read the OFFICIAL faq on the allods forums regarding CB4 and it CLEARLY states that all characters will be wiped afterwards.  Or, keep believing they won't be and be pissed when they are, your choice.

^ +1

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate!?

• banthisbanthis Member Posts: 1,891

I just thought I'd clarify this for anyone who has reading comprehension issues or english isn't their first language.

1.  Currently Allods US is in Closed Beta 4, it was extended just recently until the 10th and opened for anyone to join (it is STILL considered Closed Beta).  Up until now you had to have a key.

2.  Closed Beta 4 has a major XP Bonus on it so more people could reach the PVP portions of the game so dont' expect the game to move so fast when it goes open (thank god hard to keep up gold wise).

3.  When Closed Beta Completely Ends All Characters will be Wiped for Open Beta.

4.  When Allods US goes to open Beta all open beta characters will remain for live.  Open Beta is For Everyone no keys necessary.

"Tell your friends, tell your family, tell your neighbors, tell your dog, Allods Online is going Open Beta! The Allods Online team is pleased to announce that the Open Beta will officially go live on February 16th, 2010! All players will be able to access the game (no beta key needed) and all current content through level 40 will be available for play!

Please note that all CBT characters will be deleted prior to Open Beta. Characters created in Open Beta will NOT be deleted."

Just copied this from main website.

• tehikktehikk Member Posts: 497

"Tell your friends, tell your family, tell your neighbors, tell your dog, Allods Online is going Open Beta! The Allods Online team is pleased to announce that the Open Beta will officially go live on February 16th, 2010! All players will be able to access the game (no beta key needed) and all current content through level 40 will be available for play!

Please note that all CBT characters will be deleted prior to Open Beta. Characters created in Open Beta will NOT be deleted."
    Just copied this from main website.

YAY!

"The question that sometimes drives me hazy: Am I, or the others crazy?" - Albert Einstein