Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What does everonye do with Old game accunts they dont play anymore?

BrotheryangBrotheryang Member UncommonPosts: 174

If this is an old subject just let it bury itself but im curious anyways.....

So what does everyone do with their old inactive game accounts to say Eq2 or Wow maybe Aion? Are you like me and let it sit inactive forever or do you try and find a friend who wants it? im not really sure if we are "allowed" to give old accounts away but i know it happens. And yes before i get flammed/trolled i know it may be stupid but with having about 10 inactive p2p accounts i got to thinking i wonder what everyone else does with their account.

Comments

• IlvaldyrIlvaldyr Member CommonPosts: 2,142

When I cancel a sub, I leave it idle.

Might want to go back. Not productive to burn bridges. Keep options open.

Playing: EVE, Final Fantasy 13, Uncharted 2, Need for Speed: Shift
  • jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776

Haha sorry I had to vote this is stupid, only because there really aren't that many options and about three of the choices really said the same thing.  But me personally I keep all of my old accounts since none of my real life friends play mmo's (well I know one guy who plays wow).  But I do find it fun to go back years later and just see what I used to be doing which I've done now with COH,SWG,WOW, and LOTRO which really doesn't count because I usually only stop playing that for maybe a month at a time.

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663

I tried trading them for other game accounts in games I wanted, but somehow spammers got a hold of my email accounts and NO ONE wanted them anyways.

I tried giving them away, but somehow people don't want free if monthly fee goes with it in the long run...

I tried playing them again, but I found myself bored as hell.

In effect, they just rot.

This is stupid.

• UberTommyUberTommy Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by Ilvaldyr

When I cancel a sub, I leave it idle.
    Might want to go back. Not productive to burn bridges. Keep options open.

I do the same. just let it sit and maybe go back.

for the most part, if I cancel a sub, 90% chance I am not coming back.

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223

I have an old Lineage 2 account with like 700 million adena (no ebay either just some good old deailng) and a level 70 gladiator.

I'll never play an NCsoft game again so if anyone wants it and isn't looking for charity then let me know.

I also have a 54/54 m/p with decent gear on RoM and a lvl 45/45 w/k as well.

Cryomatrix

Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • booboofingerbooboofinger Member UncommonPosts: 96

I pretty much let them sit.

I tried to come back to some games, but it never lasts long when I do.  After all if I left the game it was for a reason. And that very same reason has a way of showing it's ugly head after a while. 

• InterestingInteresting Member UncommonPosts: 972

You forgot the most used one:

I spent time and effort on it, therefore its mine and valuable to me, and if I wont be using it anymore, I can at any times, despite abusive ETAs, sell them to others who also value them as me, a fair price for the time and effort I spent on it.

• BuzWeaverBuzWeaver Member UncommonPosts: 978

I just let them sit idle.

The Old Timers Guild
    Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!

www.oldtimersguild.com
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it. - Jef Mallett