Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First thoughts

cdubbzcdubbz Member UncommonPosts: 57

Well, I don't post much, if you can't tell, but I have been so graciously allowed the chance to beta test Aika. So far I am pleasantly impressed with the game. The graphics are very appealing, there are more than just a few combat anims, the skills are pretty nice, even the starting ones, and the pran system is very interesting. Pretty much, a pran is kind of like a pet, only in the form of a little girl. She can help you with lots of stuff in the game, don't ask me for specifics. I haven't taken a whack at the PVP yet, but I bet that it's going to be intense, what with the whole 1000 v 1000. However, this game is only in CB1, so there are a few kinks in the system. Some of the hiccups I've come across are:

Latency

This one peeved me off the most. There is nothing that annoys me more than when I am in the middle of a fight and I need to use a skill, but when I hit the button it won't register until five seconds later. Also, some of the combat animations didn't really flow together very well, skipping and messing up every now and again.

Movement

If you like point and click movement, then you will be fine. But if you like using the keyboard, like I do, then be warned there are a few little problems they need to work out. Whenever I needed to turn while running forwards or backwards, my character would literally stop where he was and turn. Very annoying when outrunning an angry horde of monsters. 

Graphics

I don't know if there is a specific name for this little phenomenon, but I am dubbing it the "ghost effect". The name says it all. There were some places in the game where you could walk through solid rock, fences, etc. I know that some things are no duh's for walking through, like tall grass, but other than that it should be as solid as you can make a wall in a game.

These are just a few things that I've noticed in the beta. They aren't enough to keep me from playing, and I believe that once this game is released, it will be just what we PVPers have been craving, along with some good PVE for when we get bored slaughtering the competition. I will be updating this thread when I feel like there is something more to report. Game on peeps.