Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am Liking this game so far

JuaksJuaks Member UncommonPosts: 271

I started to play today in 1st CBT and I must say I am impressed.

Graphics are really good quality, I have barely experienced any lag, I liked the feeling on the controls (Unlike S.U.N, didnt like the feeling on controls), Pran (pet) system is weird but very original and catchy.

Talent tree seems a bit simple maybe in the beginning but I only got to level 10 so I have to test some more. Simple but still good.

I haven t tried PVP yet , so i cannot comment on that.

I was looking for a free to play MMORPG for some time now, and maybe is too early to say, but I think this one is a keeper. If PVP is good Ill be playing this game for a long time.

Aika is the only F2P MMORPG   that got my interest longer than level 5 and I am eager to come back to level my characters.

Comments

• SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405

I too am enjoying it so far.

But i have to say I REALLY liked Allods too(Gpotatoe game also) and they just extended there last closed beta phase til the 10th (no key needed).

I played Allods from the first phase of closed beta and looking forward to the open beta.

• JuaksJuaks Member UncommonPosts: 271

Yes I have Allods too. I got both games at the same time. I liked Allods as well. I think I like Aika a bit more because of the art. (I love manga style). I didnt know they extended Allods CB. Good news. Ill keep playing both games for a while.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

I'm not sure what to think about the game for now. I started yesterday as well, and didn't experience any lag. Graphics are nicely done, but a bit too bright for my likings.

I'm also wondering why a priest on level 1 starts out WITHOUT any healing spells. I get one offensive spell, and one "cure debuff" thing. No healing so far :(

• MorningStarGGMorningStarGG Member UncommonPosts: 394

Game feels cheap, incomplete and feels as if it should still be in pre development. Kind of sad seeing what it was said to offer sounds good and the fact it has been out for a while over seas.

This game has the cheapest feel of any game I have ever tried. Graphics are nice and clean but beyond that, meh. Quest dialog is too long as well.I could go on...

Owner/Admin of GodlessGamer.com - Gaming news and reviews for the godless.

• tsuranotsurano Member Posts: 52
    Originally posted by spyder2k5

Game feels cheap, incomplete and feels as if it should still be in pre development. Kind of sad seeing what it was said to offer sounds good and the fact it has been out for a while over seas.

This game has the cheapest feel of any game I have ever tried. Graphics are nice and clean but beyond that, meh. Quest dialog is too long as well.I could go on...

From what I've heard (unconfirmed and don't know how credible the source is) gPotato is pretty much given the earliest release build of the game and told to work from there.  Then the game gets patched a bit and most of the issues are removed.

But what do you mean pre development? That would be making the Game Design Document and have very little to no code written up.  The game isn't at release yet, it's in closed beta.

I enjoyed my first day, nothing really stood out but I managed to make  four hours disappear pretty quickly.

• MorningStarGGMorningStarGG Member UncommonPosts: 394
    Originally posted by tsurano

From what I've heard (unconfirmed and don't know how credible the source is) gPotato is pretty much given the earliest release build of the game and told to work from there.  Then the game gets patched a bit and most of the issues are removed.

But what do you mean pre development? That would be making the Game Design Document and have very little to no code written up.  The game isn't at release yet, it's in closed beta.

I enjoyed my first day, nothing really stood out but I managed to make  four hours disappear pretty quickly.

As someone who works in the industry, pre-development means several things. What I mean it appears they are still working on the game engine or deciding which and the games movement and general gameplay looks like a prototype of what it should be later in development. The graphics while the look good are mainly a bunch of shaders tacked on to generic models. It does not seem to be anything near a release quality game nor even ready for beta. I am not speaking of bugs I am speaking of how the game works and controls.

Owner/Admin of GodlessGamer.com - Gaming news and reviews for the godless.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I only played a few minutes but I liked what I saw. I love games where you can make a character where they have the option to change to other classes at higher levels. I will get to play alot more today.

• AeroangelAeroangel Member UncommonPosts: 498

I like that the game has funny character dialogue and pretty graphics, but that's about it so far. It's hard to really get into this game when just walking somewhere it like pauses every 2-3 steps, and the interface is horrible. If they could get rid of the lag when moving, and made the animations a little more fluid, plus gave the game a much better UI (doesn't even have to be fancy just intuitive and simple, maybe even slightly customizable) I could see myself really enjoying this game if they fixed those things.

--------------------------
    Playing:
    FFXIV, TERA, LoL, and HoTS
    My Rig:
    GPU: GeForce GTX 770, CPU: i7-4790K, Memory: 16 GB RAM

• davidbzrdavidbzr Member Posts: 71

Originally posted by tsurano

As someone who works in the industry, pre-development means several things. What I mean it appears they are still working on the game engine or deciding which and the games movement and general gameplay looks like a prototype of what it should be later in development. The graphics while the look good are mainly a bunch of shaders tacked on to generic models. It does not seem to be anything near a release quality game nor even ready for beta. I am not speaking of bugs I am speaking of how the game works and controls.

You're right it looks like that, but i know that the game has potencial.

And the walk thing, is a lagg i got it too, not everyone does.

• JuaksJuaks Member UncommonPosts: 271

Well I tried pvp and I liked a lot. It was very intense, lagless and fun.

PvP is the strong side of this game. Nation wars, world pvp and battlegrounds.

If you are a hardcore PvPer give Aika  a shot.

• davidbzrdavidbzr Member Posts: 71

Yes, it is. I do hope they give us more PvE too. Maybe more dungeons. And repair some bugs in the game, i think there's a good view for Aika when the full version comes out.