Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you be buying Stargate Resistance

ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Perhaps it's just me, but I didn't see a new game in it, all I saw was some person who made a MOD on  Unreall Tournament.

If it was indeed just a mod made by some mod gamer it would actually be nice, but knowing it's a whole company behind it using the Stargate IP I think I should expect allot more from it.

Not my usual way of speaking about games in this manner, but a IP like StarGate really deserves more then what was made by a gamecompany. Also don't know if this would bode well for it's future MMORPG StarGate Worlds which was set on hold to first release this game. Atleast that's how I see it currently.

Anyone else tried it?

If not try it yourself, perhaps some might even enjoy it.: http://www.fileplanet.com/209443/200000/fileinfo/Stargate-Resistance-Game-Client

Comments

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663

Haven't tried it. Might try when my lappy gets back.

I wouldn't get too stuck on the "like UT" thing though. Everything is coming full circle and can only be so much different than the last thing. It's only natural that we'd compare it to classics. ;)

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Is that a demo?

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Gabby-air

Is that a demo?

yes.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by johnmatthais

Haven't tried it. Might try when my lappy gets back.
    I wouldn't get too stuck on the "like UT" thing though. Everything is coming full circle and can only be so much different than the last thing. It's only natural that we'd compare it to classics. ;)

Not stuck on the "like UT" , but as said it just play's, looks, feels like a decent mod to me. Not something I would expect from a full gamecompany, but would be something I could expect from just a mod maker.

And sorry I am the type of gamer that will mostly look at what a game offers, this is actually one of the first games I felt like just playing a mod on the unreal tournament game, I am not one of those "compare with other games" type of gamer usually.

But as said and posted the link, try it, perhaps you might have a different opinion on it, I just posted mine.