Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A pleasent supprise

tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

I took up SONY on the free Vet Trial  and since i have my main and main alt on Europe-Infinity they are no longer playable. So i though, what the heck and fired off  a mail to customer support expecting the usual "you are not a current subscriber please subscribe to benefit form this service". Well color me pleasently suprised when i get a mail back tha states that my characters will be transferd asap to a active server of my choice free of charge.

Well i still miss my sandy beach but this playground at least do some things right.

This have been a good conversation

Comments

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by tawess

I took up SONY on the free Vet Trial  and since i have my main and main alt on Europe-Infinity they are no longer playable. So i though, what the heck and fired off  a mail to customer support expecting the usual "you are not a current subscriber please subscribe to benefit form this service". Well color me pleasently suprised when i get a mail back tha states that my characters will be transferd asap to a active server of my choice free of charge.

As it should be. It's criminal that they charge others for the service they just gave you for free. Shows you just how ethically challenged SoE is IMO.

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086
    Originally posted by TUX426

Originally posted by tawess

As it should be. It's criminal that they charge others for the service they just gave you for free. Shows you just how ethically challenged SoE is IMO.

While $OE is now doing the right thing for returning vets with toons on closed servers (FCTS), it is time that the current, loyal players with main toons held hostage on the remaining dead and dying servers get an opportunity to transfer to the few viable servers left without being charged  the $50/per toon ransom fee.

Originally posted by Kazara 

While $OE is now doing the right thing for returning vets with toons on closed servers (FCTS), it is time that the current, loyal players with main toons held hostage on the remaining dead and dying servers get an opportunity to transfer to the few viable servers left without being charged  the $50/per toon ransom fee.

Not so fast...

They're doing it "if you ask" it seems, but that means they're also f'king over those who don't. THAT is why I have an issue with the policy.

Not so fast...

They're doing it "if you ask" it seems, but that means they're also f'king over those who don't. THAT is why I have an issue with the policy.

I agree. $OE should make a more formal statement about FCTS for veteran accounts that have toons on closed servers that can easily be accessed. In fact, this should be automatically be done by customer service without having being asked for the FCTS off closed servers. To clarify further, this does not extend to toons that are stuck on the remaining dead and dying servers, such as Gorath at this time.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Not so fast...

I agree. $OE should make a more formal statement about FCTS for veteran accounts that have toons on closed servers that can easily be accessed. In fact, this should be automatically be done by customer service without having being asked for the FCTS off closed servers. To clarify further, this does not extend to toons that are stuck on the remaining dead and dying servers, such as Gorath at this time.

Well i think people ought to at least get the facts straight before going off on one, as it stands, SOE did give people free transfers for players toons on the low pop/soon to be shut down servers, they even reactivated the lapsed member accounts of the players so that they could do this, more than once i believe, now, while i am not a great supporter of SOE, and tbh, whats happened to the game is a complete travesty, in this case, there can really be no cause for complaint, if after all this time there are still some players with 'lost' toons then its not SOE's fault - though a lot of other things clearly are.

Originally posted by Phry 
    Well i think people ought to at least get the facts straight before going off on one, as it stands, SOE did give people free transfers for players toons on the low pop/soon to be shut down servers, they even reactivated the lapsed member accounts of the players so that they could do this, more than once i believe, now, while i am not a great supporter of SOE, and tbh, whats happened to the game is a complete travesty, in this case, there can really be no cause for complaint, if after all this time there are still some players with 'lost' toons then its not SOE's fault - though a lot of other things clearly are.

While your statement is factually accurate in that they DID offer free transfers, it leaves out the tiny detail that during the previous "free activations", the assured players that they had "NO PLANS TO CLOSE ANY SERVERS", so anyone who was "taking a break" or closing accounts to save $ during the worst economy since the Great Depression, did NOT get a true chance to transfer their toons for free.

Originally posted by Phry 

While your statement is factually accurate in that they DID offer free transfers, it leaves out the tiny detail that during the previous "free activations", the assured players that they had "NO PLANS TO CLOSE ANY SERVERS", so anyone who was "taking a break" or closing accounts to save $ during the worst economy since the Great Depression, did NOT get a true chance to transfer their toons for free.

What TUX said.  This still doesn't even address the current and vet players that have main toons trapped on current dead and dying servers. Are these considered 'lost' toons? Of course, not $OE related.