Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

F2P MMORPG Camera Angle similar to Diablo or Conquer Online

BigThoughtBigThought Member Posts: 7

I've been searching for a new F2P mmorpg similar to Conquer Online to get into. I've tried third person mmorpgs such as DDO and 4Story but I just can't enjoy it like I do with games like Conquer and Diablo. I want to play the best possible and really all that matters is the the camera angle with low system requirements. Thanks.

Comments

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663
  • BigThoughtBigThought Member Posts: 7

I would play torchlight if it weren't for the need to pay it to play... I'm looking for F2P. I don't want to play a demo.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001
    Originally posted by johnmatthais

Torchlight

The tourchlight MMO wont be out till 2011, only single player one atm 

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

Originally posted by BigThought

I would play torchlight if it weren't for the need to pay it to play... I'm looking for F2P. I don't want to play a demo.

When the MMO comes out, it'll be F2P.

Until then, I guess DragonRaja, Tibia, etc. Most of the 2D ones are like that.

I checked out both Dragon Raja and Tibia. Dragon Raja currently doesn't seem available to play and Tibia is a bit too 2D for my taste. I do want something reasonably 3D-ish and playable ASAP. I will probably download the best recommendation today or tomorrow.

I could have sworn there was a post over a month ago about DR being back...

Maybe Battle of the Immortals? (Beta keys are being handed out currently)

Phoenix Dynasty, Corum, Dark Eden, Eudemons, Chaos, Luminary....

Any sort of recommendation on which you think is the best?

Luminary is the most in-depth, but it's F2P + player-run economy so it's kinda...slowly falling apart.

The community is picking out the people that are screwing up the economy slowly though, so maybe it'll finally sort itself out...or not...

It's a great game though.

Alright, I'll be sure to check it out. Thanks.

Okay, after about an hour and a half of playing Luminary, I've decided that i want to further specify what i'm looking for.

- Camera Angle similar to Diablo and CO

- Strong PvP

- Ability To Jump and/or move from place to place quickly instead of feeling like i'm moving slowly all the time

- Simple-ish gameplay. I don't mind grinding but I want to be able to cooperate in lots of party play.

- A good mix of 3d graphics

- Low system requirements

- Quest-based leveling isn't that important, i don't mind the grind.

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

You could give Lunia a try, it's got the top/down camera angle, and fast movement. But it's not a point/click game, you actually don't use the mouse at all while playing.

It meets all your needs, though it might not be the style of gameplay you're looking for. Oh grouping is a sinch too, just start a stage and people will automatically join.

Eh...here's where it'll get a bit difficult. Luminary met a few of those needs (the means for strong PvP being there), but it serves as an example for many MMOs like it.

Most isometric games, like Diablo and Conquer themselves, have no ability to jump.

Well, Conquer actually pretty much involves jumping in all movement, it's really the only way to get places quickly besides using scrolls. And yeah, I've been searching for games, too, and I can't seem to find one that fits my needs so I'll try to get into luminary and I'll try out Lunia