Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open Beta Is Feb 1st - Free to ALL everyone can try before they buy!

2»

Comments

• downtoearthdowntoearth Member Posts: 3,558
    Originally posted by parrotpholk

Originally posted by Mystic_Fuzz

After the whole Darkfall thing, I don't have much faith in independent companies anymore. :(

SV is going through the normal road bumps. Yes you will see flying pigs, exploding buffalo, weasels that run sideways and backwards among other things. There are a few invisible walls. There are server and chunk lines that will cause you to have some lag and even a pause. You will see more cock swinging in the wind than one should have to lol. Those are the biggest faults that I can find. There is a ton of good also including a decent community. Performance when not on a server line is outstanding. Everything feels as real as it can get in a video game setting. Best advice I have as soon as you spawn is to hit H and go through the various help topics and will give you a rough idea of where to start. 

So throttle back expectations but also have a open viewpoint as I think you will be surprised and enjoy it. Have fun and hope you enjoy.

yea look at the future not the now. Df had issues at release but its alto beeter know. Mo  Will have problems at release, but they will be sorted out

• arcdevilarcdevil Member Posts: 864
    Originally posted by downtoearth

yea look at the future not the now. Df had issues at release but its alto beeter know. Mo  Will have problems at release, but they will be sorted out

MO has no future. all the suckers interested in this small niche already are in DF, doubt they are willing to fall again for a scam for a second time, just this time it would be even worse.

DF was pathetic at release, but come one, MO beats that a billion times, It hardly qualifies as a "game" atm. All the beta is gonna do is convince 99 out of every 100 interested in MO to buy DF or consider the sandbox genre deceased and indi development a guaranteed failure.

This baby was born dead, altho I cant blame developers from trying to get something out of this, and truth be told, at this point anyone with an IQ over double digits should know that any money spent in MO will go to waste when they close service and shut down in a few months.

If someone is STILL willing to spend his money on this, he either has to be loaded and doesnt care about throwing money down the drain, or is so god damn imbecile that probably I could sell him a bridge.

I think this is the first time in 5 years that i see an upcoming game worse than DnL. such degree of failure and incompetence is an amazing feat, i give them that.

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

Why do we keep having to deal with problems at release? Im getting reallllly tired of hearing "well the game is new, its gonna be crap but some day itll all be worked out"

Seriously this isnt 2004 anymore, we are in 2010 where games should be released FINISHED. Now I understand that some problems will crop up once you quadruple the amount of players you had in a closed beta, but this constant releasing of games in a terribly unplayable state has got to stop.

Originally posted by parrotpholk

Originally posted by arcdevil

MO has no future. all the suckers interested in this small niche already are in DF, doubt they are willing to fall again for a scam for a second time, just this time it would be even worse.

DF was pathetic at release, but come one, MO beats that a billion times, It hardly qualifies as a "game" atm. All the beta is gonna do is convince 99 out of every 100 interested in MO to buy DF or consider the sandbox genre deceased and indi development a guaranteed failure.

This baby was born dead, altho I cant blame developers from trying to get something out of this, and truth be told, at this point anyone with an IQ over double digits should know that any money spent in MO will go to waste when they close service and shut down in a few months.

If someone is STILL willing to spend his money on this, he either has to be loaded and doesnt care about throwing money down the drain, or is so god damn imbecile that probably I could sell him a bridge.

I think this is the first time in 5 years that i see an upcoming game worse than DnL. such degree of failure and incompetence is an amazing feat, i give them that.

And you support this how? DId you buy and feel disappointed so you rant here? Or have you not played and simply want to start a flame war? Either way opinions are like assholes....everyone sadly has one.

i tried dnl and mo is better than it

Originally posted by Xerith

Why do we keep having to deal with problems at release? Im getting reallllly tired of hearing "well the game is new, its gonna be crap but some day itll all be worked out"
    Seriously this isnt 2004 anymore, we are in 2010 where games should be released FINISHED. Now I understand that some problems will crop up once you quadruple the amount of players you had in a closed beta, but this constant releasing of games in a terribly unplayable state has got to stop.

k give them more money to dev. Mo is actully playable in the current state. needs more content tho and some Bug fixes. and some improvemeatns to the combat system but it hink thats after the full crafting is in cant have combat with out armor and weps. So we just have to see what happens in the next couple of months

your calling darkfall a scam that right there makes your opinion invalid. and no DNL was a scam cause of other reason. Mo is diffreant they just need more time but dont have the funds. Mo actully is using a good engine but i doubt you been in and see the whole new crafing system and resource refinig. yea the combat and stuff needs lil more work But it will be fine. if they can stay up and running.

DNl had Other issues like stolen engine or what ever then the Devs rab after release with people money. Mo devs Nor darkfall devs will do that.

I thought darkfall was suppose to close down in a few months. O wait. think before you say. you opinion ISNt FACT

Why should I have to? Its not my job to get them through their developmental cycle, thats what publishers and investors are for. If they have no investors, then its because they either did not try hard enough or they submitted a portfolio of their project that the investors found unacceptable.

Im all for indie developers, but Im not all for people who think they can throw together and publish a half done game in an attempt to squeeze as much cash as they can out of people.

So the game is playable, but has no crafting, lack of mobs, lack of content, lack of polish = the game is unfinished = needs more time in development.

Why should I have to? Its not my job to get them through their developmental cycle, thats what publishers and investors are for. If they have no investors, then its because they either did not try hard enough or they submitted a portfolio of their project that the investors found unacceptable.
    Im all for indie developers, but Im not all for people who think they can throw together and publish a half done game in an attempt to squeeze as much cash as they can out of people.

actully these type are games are risky .. you dont know anything about securing funds do you? and there not tryign to milk us for are money there trying to make a game for us to play. and make a living. which in turn cost Money. plus SV is an amuatur company.  but they are learning as they go. 

Would you think for a second and give them a chance tog et the game up to par. cause i see a great game that needs some work. Unlike Dnl when i first looked at it i just kinda laughed. then i tried it when it went free ANd it WAS a JOKE i didnt see anything good about it

So the game is playable, but has no crafting, lack of mobs, lack of content, lack of polish = the game is unfinished = needs more time in development.

lack of CRAfting are you joking? theres some mobs and AI i think Pve is in the worse shape. and yes it does need more dev time but i believe theya re almost out of fund so its either close down. or try to get what they have polish enough for release and thena dd in the rest after and keep on improving the game. There is another content patch coming tho BEFORE release.

The rifningand craftign in this game was no easy task to put in has alot of steps. the place holder craftign and refining is gone and has the real system in

Sorry but Im just not that forgiving anymore. MMO's arent some uncharted territory that game developers have no reference as to time/energy/costs that go into what they are making. MMO's have been around for some time and developers should know before they get into the design process if they can make it financially or not. They shouldnt stand around and go "well lets hope our bank account doesnt run dry before we get there"

Im not saying MO is or will be a bad game and it has been a game I have followed for quite some time. I however completely disagree with their decision to release now as all the information we have gotten from current testers says that its not ready. Even yourself who is avidly defending the game, said that it has parts that are in bad shape.

Sorry but Im just not that forgiving anymore. MMO's arent some uncharted territory that game developers have no reference as to time/energy/costs that go into what they are making. MMO's have been around for some time and developers should know before they get into the design process if they can make it financially or not. They shouldnt stand around and go "well lets hope our bank account doesnt run dry before we get there"
    Im not saying MO is or will be a bad game and it has been a game I have followed for quite some time. I however completely disagree with their decision to release now as all the information we have gotten from current testers says that its not ready. Even yourself who is avidly defending the game, said that it has parts that are in bad shape.

except every engine is diffreant the seamless thing for unreal is new. and good sandbox mmos are not out there that released. theme park mmos are easyer to code. not asking you to forgive them just give them some more time. if it isnt to yor liking come back later. there not releasing yet. there only starting the process. open beta is to stress test the game. and if it breaks i doubt there going gold with it until march hence the jan - march release the have

• Mystic_FuzzMystic_Fuzz Member UncommonPosts: 36

All the complaining about missing content in the game in... well, the pretty much Pre-Beta state it's been in is making me giggle a little and reminds me of another game that had a similar start:

Ultima Online
    Mystic of The Fallen Lords (Pacific 98-01)
    Mystic of Catskills (03 - 08)

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

I'm going to give it a go because I've waited so long for this game, but I'm keeping my expectations low so I'm not completely disappointed. This seems to be the closest thing to Ultima Online we have and so I'm willing to give it a shot till I win the lottery and can afford to blow $30 million on my own game. :P

the game does need some more work on it. but the promise is there if they keep improving things

"some work"?  You have to be joking!   Please list one thing in MO that doesn't need work???

I win!!! LOL@U

Originally posted by HanoverZ

I'm going to give it a go because I've waited so long for this game, but I'm keeping my expectations low so I'm not completely disappointed. This seems to be the closest thing to Ultima Online we have and so I'm willing to give it a shot till I win the lottery and can afford to blow $30 million on my own game. :P

the game does need some more work on it. but the promise is there if they keep improving things

"some work"?  You have to be joking!   Please list one thing in MO that doesn't need work???

the stuff that works.. of course theres bugs tho and polish im talking about the combat system really.. polish will come over time

theme park mmos are easyer to code

In the universe I live, coding something is harder than not coding it. MO definetly falls in the category of "not coded for shit"

what parallel universe do you come from?

the stuff that works.. of course theres bugs tho and polish im talking about the combat system really.. polish will come over time

ah ya of course

the stuff that works

the stuff

definetly not the combat, not the magic system, not the archery, not the gathering, not the AI, not the PvE, not the raids, not the continent, not the balance, not the client stability, not the vendors

but the stuff? yes, the stuff

stuff

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by majinant

Originally posted by Pocahinha

Dark and light will be considered a polished game after people play MO...i feel sorry for them...

MO is a alpha game, no content, buggy, doesnt install yet gotta run it manualy and folow some steps to be able to run it,laaaaaggy as hell..and its not a problem IF they had a year or more to make the game ready for a beta test...

Pretty sure that MO is a sandbox... you have to make your own content.

If you don't like it, I cannot for the life of me understand why you are here.

All nice and dandy. But for that to work, you need the actually tools to create your own content.  You know.... like good old SWG had.

Any noob can pre-render some cool looking world maps with nothing in it and say "Here you go, it's sandbox, go create your own content!"

Then I say: "Great! But ehh.... where are the tools for us to create our own content?"

Cheers

ah ya of course

the stuff that works

the stuff

definetly not the combat, not the magic system, not the archery, not the gathering, not the AI, not the PvE, not the raids, not the continent, not the balance, not the client stability, not the vendors

but the stuff? yes, the stuff

stuff

the crafting stuff actully does work mostly some bugs with it but its all fixable just need them to crack down on bug patches only but adding content would probly break there fixes

Originally posted by Guillermo197

Originally posted by majinant

Originally posted by Pocahinha

Dark and light will be considered a polished game after people play MO...i feel sorry for them...

MO is a alpha game, no content, buggy, doesnt install yet gotta run it manualy and folow some steps to be able to run it,laaaaaggy as hell..and its not a problem IF they had a year or more to make the game ready for a beta test...

Pretty sure that MO is a sandbox... you have to make your own content.

If you don't like it, I cannot for the life of me understand why you are here.

All nice and dandy. But for that to work, you need the actually tools to create your own content.  You know.... like good old SWG had.

Any noob can pre-render some cool looking world maps with nothing in it and say "Here you go, it's sandbox, go create your own content!"

Then I say: "Great! But ehh.... where are the tools for us to create our own content?"

Cheers

heh content will be added but there promised core feature should be in by release. in what state umm have to see

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I think you people need to harness your anger,you know all you angry people are going to D/L the Beta and play it correct?

I am at least giving it a chance by D/Ling it and will see what kind of work they are doing.

Before you people comment too much on things,remember what you PVP people want from a game and ask if this game delivers.

I have read a ton of DF posts,and man alive,the ONLY thing players are doing is trying to speed level their skills so they can go PVP,might as well throw content out the door and stick everyone in a paper box and let them at each other.SO if when you people go to complain about something in MO,is it something that actually matters to you PVP players?OR...are you just knit picking the way i saw people do in VG early days.

Personally i do care about an entire game,i also applaud effort and yes i will know in the first minute,if any decent effort was put into this game.

90% on update patcher,WIZ is about to embark on another game full of controversy lol.I have to say they were right about Alganon,but this game is using UE3,that alone says they are serious,they could have just rented the WOW engine for 50 bucks a year lol.I would say if this game is not up to snuff when i enter it,you people that are serious should give it some time,no question they are serious about trying to deliver a good PVP game.

ADIOS i am about to enter :D

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

Nice! I'll have to check it out tonight! Hopefully I can log in!

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!