Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open Beta Is Feb 1st - Free to ALL everyone can try before they buy!

bartillobartillo Member UncommonPosts: 190

[quote=Maerlyn;689436]

Starting on Monday, February 1st, Mortal Online opens it's doors to the public with an open beta.

We invite the whole gaming community to step in the wonderful world of Nave. Join Mortal and experience a fantasticly immersive, beautiful and brutal sandbox MMORPG.

To join the open beta, simply create a game account (a forum account will automatically created).

Download the client, install and play.

The open beta will run on one cluster server based in Stockholm (Sweden). Please keep in mind that, depending on the onslaught of new players, we will have to cap the server at a certain point.

There will NOT be wipe before open beta.[/quote]

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/31725-open-beta.html

Comments

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874

Open beta without prepurchase of game with torrent download? WIN!

• majinantmajinant Member UncommonPosts: 418

Originally posted by Otakun

Indeed!

I am all signed up, have the game installed, and am eagerly awaiting OB to start.

• Branko2307Branko2307 Member UncommonPosts: 346
    Originally posted by majinant

Originally posted by Otakun

Indeed!

I am all signed up, have the game installed, and am eagerly awaiting OB to start.

Same :]]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum!! ~Planescape: Torment~

• PocahinhaPocahinha Member UncommonPosts: 550

Dark and light will be considered a polished game after people play MO...i feel sorry for them...

MO is a alpha game, no content, buggy, doesnt install yet gotta run it manualy and folow some steps to be able to run it,laaaaaggy as hell..and its not a problem IF they had a year or more to make the game ready for a beta test...

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874
    Originally posted by Pocahinha

Dark and light will be considered a polished game after people play MO...i feel sorry for them...
    MO is a alpha game, no content, buggy, doesnt install yet gotta run it manualy and folow some steps to be able to run it,laaaaaggy as hell..and its not a problem IF they had a year or more to make the game ready for a beta test...

It's why I wont be paying 55 dollars for the digital download.

Pretty sure that MO is a sandbox... you have to make your own content.

If you don't like it, I cannot for the life of me understand why you are here.

• PocahinhaPocahinha Member UncommonPosts: 550

The only content you can make in MO is a buggy house in a predefined place and zone...

When i tell you MO is a alpha game and has nothing to do, its buggy laggy,put 12 people in the same screen and its unplayable, combat is slow and bad spells are so basic that it hurts, bow use is just ridiculous basic and bad ...its pure truth

This game is not ready for closed beta test..and its suposed to launch in a few days...c mon open your eyes people..the head has brains use them

• HEYuSHOOSHHEYuSHOOSH Member UncommonPosts: 107

The only content you can make in MO is a buggy house in a predefined place and zone...

When i tell you MO is a alpha game and has nothing to do, its buggy laggy,put 12 people in the same screen and its unplayable, combat is slow and bad spells are so basic that it hurts, bow use is just ridiculous basic and bad ...its pure truth

This game is not ready for closed beta test..and its suposed to launch in a few days...c mon open your eyes people..the head has brains use them

Everyone knows the game isn't finished. It won't be feature complete for months but people are standing behind the game because they know that it is the type of game that will be amazing (for the niche audience that wants this type of game) when it is finished. Kind of like darkfall when it first came out.

This game is not ready for closed beta test..and its suposed to launch in a few days

Wrong. Open beta starts in a few days.

Come on man, your head has eyes, use them!

• MazdrykMazdryk Member UncommonPosts: 8

I have been playing this game in Beta.  Im sorry MO but if you release now you will fail.  This game is easily 1 year from release.  Just walk outside and see the pigs flying threw the air or images of horses running that arent there.  Combat is so slow boring and uneventful and really just needs to be redone from top to bottom.  Spell casting is a joke and is also horrible from its animations to its grind for needed regeants.  Dont even get me started on how bad archery is.  This game is FPS based and when you release your arrow or swing your sword its so slow it makes aiming stupid.  THis game is going to end up with everyone in mounted combat (mounted archery,magic) moving around so fast with a slow release of shots and slow travel time of bolts that no one that has half a brain will get hit.

• JarnaJarna Member Posts: 75

Pocahinha obviously hasn't played beta after xmas, so u shouldn't take anything he says about MO seriously.

• downtoearthdowntoearth Member Posts: 3,558
    Originally posted by Mazdryk

I have been playing this game in Beta.  Im sorry MO but if you release now you will fail.  This game is easily 1 year from release.  Just walk outside and see the pigs flying threw the air or images of horses running that arent there.  Combat is so slow boring and uneventful and really just needs to be redone from top to bottom.  Spell casting is a joke and is also horrible from its animations to its grind for needed regeants.  Dont even get me started on how bad archery is.  This game is FPS based and when you release your arrow or swing your sword its so slow it makes aiming stupid.  THis game is going to end up with everyone in mounted combat (mounted archery,magic) moving around so fast with a slow release of shots and slow travel time of bolts that no one that has half a brain will get hit.

i agree if they release within a week i think its going to have a very rough time. but. i believe open beta is just the first process of there release plan. in irc the other day theyw as saying there going ot be at least 1 more content patch and bug patches. before it goes gold that tell me open beta is longer than a week

Originally posted by BuddyT4nk

Pocahinha obviously hasn't played beta after xmas, so u shouldn't take anything he says about MO seriously.

i wasnt laggign with 30 people on screen roughly the other day

• RixxarRixxar Member Posts: 19

MO will be a good maybe great mmo.   

in half a year or 1 year after release. im in beta since it started with block a. their progression is good since beta but there is simply so much work for sv left. i know they always stated they will release mo with only core featurs (running around, basic crafting, houses, not all skills) but i fear if they will get to a state where the game is finished (i know mmo will never be finished) only the hardcore fan will be there (like vanguard which is now a great pve game but nobody cares) 

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

So noone knows yet for how long the open beta will be available? hmm.... Anyone know how large the client is? I don't want to download 20gb to play for half a day. :P

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• VucinaVucina Member Posts: 42

I guess this is hard to check for you or you just filling up number of your posts for no reason but it's 4,9 GB.There you go lazy...:P

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Originally posted by Vucina

I guess this is hard to check for you or you just filling up number of your posts for no reason but it's 4,9 GB.There you go lazy...:P

Thanks.

/me yawns, stretches, and scratches his belly in blissful lazyness

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

Only a few hours away now : )

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,981

I am a FRAPS noob.  I downloaded it but it appears I can only record 30 seconds without buying it.  Is there another program I could use?

I would like to record my open beta session from start to finish tomorrow and upload it unedited to Youtube...  Character creation and maybe the first few minutes in game.. something like that.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

I am a FRAPS noob.  I downloaded it but it appears I can only record 30 seconds without buying it.  Is there another program I could use?

I would like to record my open beta session from start to finish tomorrow and upload it unedited to Youtube...  Character creation and maybe the first few minutes in game.. something like that.

Try and find a full free version on the web : )

• seabeasterseabeaster Member Posts: 22

sounds pretty standard to me for this kind of game.  I mean at least everyone is welcomed to come n and find out if it is any good...unlike darkfall where you had to refresh the site for days until you had a possiblity of getting the game....after purchuse. Only to enter and find no content, buggy doesnt instal correctly. Bottom line, you dont know if MO will have all those problems OR we could have another darkfall going on...we shall know tommrow. and holy fps batman, they actually are opening it up...wow what a concept...nothing to hide. things that make you want to go hhmmmmm.

• Mystic_FuzzMystic_Fuzz Member UncommonPosts: 36

I'm going to give it a go because I've waited so long for this game, but I'm keeping my expectations low so I'm not completely disappointed. This seems to be the closest thing to Ultima Online we have and so I'm willing to give it a shot till I win the lottery and can afford to blow $30 million on my own game. :P

Ultima Online
    Mystic of The Fallen Lords (Pacific 98-01)
    Mystic of Catskills (03 - 08)

• Mystic_FuzzMystic_Fuzz Member UncommonPosts: 36

After the whole Darkfall thing, I don't have much faith in independent companies anymore. :(

Ultima Online
    Mystic of The Fallen Lords (Pacific 98-01)
    Mystic of Catskills (03 - 08)

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Thanks for the heads up! Registered and downloading right now (slowly, but it's here tomorrow)...

I'm very curious about MO. I like the way they did the skill system (much like Eldar Scrolls IMO), but I don't like the FPS system (I always was bad in FPS games). Lets see how I'll manage during the beta ;)

Originally posted by Mystic_Fuzz

I'm going to give it a go because I've waited so long for this game, but I'm keeping my expectations low so I'm not completely disappointed. This seems to be the closest thing to Ultima Online we have and so I'm willing to give it a shot till I win the lottery and can afford to blow $30 million on my own game. :P

the game does need some more work on it. but the promise is there if they keep improving things