Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gamepot USA

WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I noticed they have jumped into the spotlight lately as they are combining with Square Enix on an upcoming action based mmorpg[Fantasy Earth].I also noticed they are running ads here on MMORPG,so i think an in depth interview is possible.

Sooo i would like to see an in depth interview to find out as much as possible about this operation,are we supporting a crooked operation?Or are these guys a good legit operation worth supporting?

I bring this up because i have done a little homework on Gamepot and found ties into Gamania.Is this all just one big corporation umbrella,are these guys actually run by Gamania a subsidiary of a sub or did they just hire Gamania to run some of their games?BTW it all links back to CHINA albeit Gamepot is JPN,and we have seen how China have hit mainstream news lately,when comes to laws and gaming,there has been some questionable moves and motives.

I guess i am an old school person who believes in morals this is why i am interested.Gamania is one GIGANTIC corporation that if you break them down you find nothing but dirt,tons of subsidiaries that just keep breaking down into hundreds more.They do a lot of operations out of the British Virgin Isles,we all know what that means,no taxes and this is where crooked businesses go to operate.41% of the worlds offshore accounts are in the British Virgin isles,gee i wonder why and it is not just to escape taxes,they ahem pay a sort of license fee to operate there lol ya right.

An example of a question would be ,why is Gamepot USA releasing Bright Story[advertised here on MMORPG] with Gamania as the operators?That is a China based company,why would they not use a firm from the USA?BTW the Gamania division that runs games as sort of GM's,claim to have 750 employees yet when i was reading their financial reports,there is no way they could afford to hire 750 unless they were paying them 3-5 dollars a day? slave labor?

SO you can see why i have moral issues with this,there is no way i could ever support something like this,it is just wrong.I mean even if Gamepot has just hired them,i do not approve of them using a crooked operation like Gamania,so i would like to have some air cleared here or at least some information.Oh btw Gamania is tied into NCSOFT and has run Lineage and all your top botted/RMT and cheated games,like SRO, Maplestory,Counterstrike

Who knows ,maybe Gamepot is a good guy just operating a division in the USA ,but WHY Gamania? I just found out that Gamania is actually the developer of this game,lol so how does SEEDO games get mentioned?geesh something sneaky going on here.

Gamepot has 12 F2P games operating in JPN alone,do they have secret subsidiaries operating other games?I do know that when Gamepot was sort of taken over by majority shareholders,SO-NET,i believe they are also owned by another famous name going around AERIA inc.These guys have bought majority shares from each other back and forth and the amount of takeovers is incredible,what exactly is going on behind closed doors would probably shock Watergate lol.I think we may actually find out they are all tied into it together ,probably running 100's of F2P games through the various Gamania divisions.

So i think before these guys gather a head of steam and gain too much recognition,we need to know who we are supporting.I mean i could misinterpret a lot of news and media i am not an accounting major nor do i really know what is exactly going on in big corporation businesses,but there is definitely reason for questions.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.