Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How did crafting and diplomacy develop since '08?

I played Vanguard for a single reason: It promised me that I didn't have to fight. It promised me I could be a crafter. It promised me I could talk my way out of tight spots. I fell in love with the crafting and I liked the diplomacy card game.

Crafting wasn't really viable, though. None of the products I could create could hold a candle to the drops I got from the mobs I fought. And I'm not even talking about group content, the average trash mob could drop a better weapon than any I could hammer out. Not to mention that selling the raw materials was usually more profitable than crafting them into something useful. And while I can see the reason in games where leveling your crafting depends on harvested raw materials, this alone makes zero sense in a game where leveling crafting is done without resorting to harvested raw materials.

Diplomacy was buggy at best. When you can't even do the quest lines because you lack qualities you could only get by doing the quest lines, something's not working.

So did anything change? Especially, is crafting worth it? As stated above, Van sure has the best crafting system, by some leagues and then some, of any MMOs I played so far. But it's all quite pointless if there is nothing I could sensibly craft that anyone would want to use.

Comments

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

Low to mid levels crafting is for making stuff for alts.  High end mastercrafted stuff is usually better than what you can get from group level drops, but not better than raid stuff.  However the new pota gear requires a L55 crafter and its arguably the best in game.  Well technically it can be made with less than L55, but its not recommendable.  Diplo is pretty much required for buffs for raiding, and for gaining pota faction.  Otherwise its just if you like the stories.

I dont think there are many bugs left in either, certainly not as many bugs as there are in the adventure sphere.