Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Big Problem with fallen Earth

Deadm0ney4uDeadm0ney4u Member Posts: 127

Fallen earth is not a terrible game I would say it is at least mediocre pretty fun solo play from what I can tell. One big problem it has though is over zealous arrogant GMs. They are suspending people from chat more often then any game i have ever seen. When you 1st start playing there is a channel called help and it seems like a global channel not sure though. It is where most of the communication takes place early on. Usually everything is fine every now and then you get a troll and then a fanboi sometimes just an honest gripe, nothing unusual. When a GM starts typing though they are complete assholes and just suspend chat on anyone who is in any way negative. I understand the help channel is for help but it is just stupid to have the only global channel be off limits for general chat.

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Zone chat is for general chat. Help chat is for help chat. 

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • Game-WolfGame-Wolf Member Posts: 100

i like it better when the GM's don't get social with people in the chat box if someone needs help fine go help and get back out we don't want to hear or see you in the game...

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Deadm0ney4u

Fallen earth is not a terrible game I would say it is at least mediocre pretty fun solo play from what I can tell. One big problem it has though is over zealous arrogant GMs. They are suspending people from chat more often then any game i have ever seen. When you 1st start playing there is a channel called help and it seems like a global channel not sure though. It is where most of the communication takes place early on. Usually everything is fine every now and then you get a troll and then a fanboi sometimes just an honest gripe, nothing unusual. When a GM starts typing though they are complete assholes and just suspend chat on anyone who is in any way negative. I understand the help channel is for help but it is just stupid to have the only global channel be off limits for general chat.

Region chat for all chat you want to chat about.

/help for ingame help

Telling the game sucks, isn't help related, writting negative things about the game is not help related.

Really is it that hard to figure out what the help channel is for?

I don't care if people may be negative, aslong they do this in the region channel, as that's the channel for all sorts of chatter, it simply does not belong in the help channel.

Not sure why you make a topic that explains you don't understand what the help channel is for and then to call the GM zealous arrogant is kinda....well .....funny....

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

So basically the OP was acting in up in Help, got reprimanded for it by a GM, and then decided he would top it all off by coming here and making a tear doused thread in the hopes that someone would feel sympathetic?

No dice!

Help Chat is for help, period. That is really all there is to it.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

I think the GM's in Fallen Earth are the best out of any mmo I've ever been in.  They actually help you and answer your questions.

Help channel is for people needing help, it's not a chat channel to socialize.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

I wish NCSoft would strictly enforce the LFG channel (which is global) and make sure no one filled it with selling spam and useless chatter, sounds like the folks over at FE know what they're doing.  I applaud their heavy handedness.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212

Well this has been pretty well covered... They aren't even all that heavy handed about it either. You have to get pretty annoying before the mute you on the Help channel. Sometimes I almost wish they would be more strict actually. If people want to babble about OT stuff there are plenty of other chat channels to do that in. I'd almost like to see a global channel made that you automatically join after Help gets automatically turned off. That would probably keep most of the asshats out of Help channel. You can turn off channels so it wouldn't be a big deal if you didn't want to see it...

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004

• Deadm0ney4uDeadm0ney4u Member Posts: 127

Well I was just saying what I thought was wrong with the game. I personally think it is good to have global channels but that is just my opinion. This game is obviously not for me finished up my 10 day trial got to lvl 10 and I think I will pass but for those who like it I wish you luck. It is not a bad game just something about how the GMs interact with the community leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. By the way my chat was never suspended but I saw alot of people get silenced who should not  have been.

I am a casual player and I guess I will never get along with GMs or hardcore players. Some people just cant handle having authority that is why they dont have it IRL and they spend all their time in video games.

• AstralglideAstralglide Member UncommonPosts: 686

I have been playing on the free trial for the past few days and I haven't seen any jackasses in the help chat. Coming from WoW where trade chat is flooded with douche this is a welcome change. Please keep banning assholes from help chat and keep it what it is supposed to be.

A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055

I've been playing this game over 2 months and I have yet to see the GM's be heavy handed.  In fact, they seem to let things slide pretty far before cracking down.

You really have to go out of your way being an asshat to get the hammer brought down on you by the GM's.

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

• sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849

*giggles*

Anyone who has to come here to whine about GMs silencing you on the games channel  is not the most reliable source of info.

not playing FE, but thinking about it  ^.^

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677
    Originally posted by Terranah

I think the GM's in Fallen Earth are the best out of any mmo I've ever been in.  They actually help you and answer your questions.

Help channel is for people needing help, it's not a chat channel to socialize.

Wish more mmo's used this way of monitoring chat channels , thumb up for FE for that .

indeed help is for help nothing else , i enjoyed my time in FE too bad to dont have time for mmo's right now .

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055
    Originally posted by sacredfool

*giggles*

Anyone who has to come here to whine about GMs silencing you on the games channel  is not the most reliable source of info.

not playing FE, but thinking about it  ^.^

Do it!

Free 10 day trial on the official site right now!

You have nothing to lose but your time.  :P

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

• KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789

I would personally like to thank all the GM's in Fallen Earth. They always answer me back really fast when I need help in game,  unlike some games I won't mention. I tune into the Help chat everynow and then and they do a great job of muting all the jerks that like to spam the channel with stupid stuff. (like today when this guy was bragging how drunk he was and spamming useless junk).

I love Fallen Earth :)

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152

I don't see how the OP can complain. The GM's are paid employee's of the company and its there job to monitor and help players in the game.

The help channel rules are shown when you join the channel and the GM's go out of there way to let people know that the help channel isn't a social chat channel. They even post and let people know before they drop the silence hammer on them and even then its only a temp silence from the channel for like 30 mins to a hour. 

If a GM hops into the channel and says that you need to cut out off topic chat and you continue to talk about the weather and how you hate your job. Well I say good on them for silencing you. Now if only more games and GM's would pickup and enforce the chat rules games would be a lot more friendly chat wise and alot less epeening.

• anonymousdevanonymousdev Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Originally posted by Einherjar_LC

I've been playing this game over 2 months and I have yet to see the GM's be heavy handed.  In fact, they seem to let things slide pretty far before cracking down.

You really have to go out of your way being an asshat to get the hammer brought down on you by the GM's.

lol I have seen them shut down region channel because they didnt like what was being said and it wasnt a rediculous spam chat they did it too. They also get very touchey about cursing even tho they programmed their npc's to curse even curse at you It's actually pretty hypocritical if you ask me. The game is moderately fun esp because its not a fantasy based mmo but it is also very tedious at times region chat is now a ghost town pretty much and the only chat to be seen for the most part is on the help channel(the channel where every 3rd post is how do i get my horse and how do i put my horse away and it has been that way from the start you would think they would at least simplify that part and make it an obvious quest chain)

• MMOrUSMMOrUS Member Posts: 414
    Originally posted by Kost

So basically the OP was acting in up in Help, got reprimanded for it by a GM, and then decided he would top it all off by coming here and making a tear doused thread in the hopes that someone would feel sympathetic?
    No dice!

Help Chat is for help, period. That is really all there is to it.

Spot on.

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039
    Originally posted by Deadm0ney4u

I am a casual player and I guess I will never get along with GMs or hardcore players.
    Why?
    Some people just cant handle having authority that is why they dont have it IRL and they spend all their time in video games.
    Then there is those other games that you can play where you do not have to respect that you amongst other humans. Yeah, you don't respect authority, I respect authority because the end of the means will make the rest of us able to work and take part of society.

And in games, like for you Fallen Earth, to have a working help channel you have to lower the noise level. There is no use of a channel of it is over-run by... http://www.godlikeproductions.com/sm/custom/brbnrpns.gif ofcourse that is not the full scale.

Go ahead don't respect authority all you like, but hopefully you will some day realize that in the end you don't respect your fellow human in the rest of the society aswell.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056
    Originally posted by zymurgeist

Global channels are cesspools that give @%#^@ a platform to behave like idiots. No MMO should have them. Help is is for help and nothimng else. That's why it's called help not the show how big an ass you are channel. 

I completely agree.

I have played a few days on a trial, and the GMs have been polite and helpful.

Occasionally, we see someone in 'Help' channel who thinks it's cool to swear, and they get kicked out. As it should be.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039
    Originally posted by anonymousdev

Originally posted by Einherjar_LC

lol I have seen them shut down region channel because they didnt like what was being said and it wasnt a rediculous spam chat they did it too. They also get very touchey about cursing even tho they programmed their npc's to curse even curse at you It's actually pretty hypocritical if you ask me

Yeah it is. I curse all the time infront of my kids, I even teach them different curse words. Why shouldn't I? I know they have watched some shows/movies or similar where there have been cursing. And as I have let them watch that, it would be pretty hypocritical to me to frown upon cursing.

And I do believe that all those people making shows, actors, producers you name it. ...well those people must live by the same motto aswell?

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056
    Originally posted by zymurgeist
    It is an obvious quest chain. It's in the tutorial. Chat has rules. They're plainly stated in the terms of service. They've explained their rules and the reason for them numerous times. Hypocritical is agreeing to the rules then crying like a baby when they expect you to follow them.

For the most part, I agree, but you yourself are using inciteful language when you accuse posters of "crying like a baby".

It is possible to argue without resorting to demeaning terms.

I do think it is hypocritical if they give players trouble for using language their own NPCs use in-game.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• MoretrinketsMoretrinkets Member Posts: 730

QQ

• SimsuSimsu Member UncommonPosts: 386

lol @ OP... More stupid people.. Sheesh... If you got a temp ban of help chat you were probably being an asshat and more likely than not got smart with the GMs after they warned you at least twice to keep it on topic and take non help related chat to a different channel.

FE help chat is by far the most useful and productive global channel I've seen in any MMO in 10 years (and I've played a lot of MMOs). Many players spend an inordinate amount of time helping others with their questions and every time that I've been on the GMs are there to help with stuff the community can't handle. That's what the channel is for, its not a global channel for talking on its for getting and giving help.

For some reason youth believe they have the right to say whatever they want to whomever they want and anyone who dares to correct or punish them for it is wrong.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Hmmm I never had problems with GMs in any game. Sure, in some games they take years to show up (if at all) or are incompetent and don't know what to do except copy&pasting predefined replies. But else... dunno. Maybe because I'm a rather calm person and don't enrage quickly. *shrugs* 

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• ZyrenaZyrena Member UncommonPosts: 91

Help channel is for help.  They tell you what's acceptable and what's not.  Follow the rules or face the consequences.

To begin a post complaining about the GMs is ridiculous.  You claim that you weren't personally reprimanded, yet you make a post about it... why?  Are you seeking attention?  Do you have nothing better to do with your time?

The GMs in FE are great.  I have found a few quests that were bugged and sent a tell to a GM - usually within 2 minutes, the issue is resolved.  This means a GM actually took the time to read what I sent, responded that they were taking care of it, and for me, spawned the mob I needed for a quest.  All of this in 2 minutes or less.

There are announcements all the time regarding the purpose of the channels in the game. They also announce which GMs are online for those who may need help. I honestly can't think of a more helpful and responsive GM team from any game I've ever played.  BTW, I started with Meridian 59 and went on to EQ and a ton of others over the years.  This is the first game since M59 & EQ where your reputation does mean something and being a jerk will cost you with the online community.

Again to the OP, why did you even make this topic?  Think about it...