Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What class will you play as, and why?

Comments

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

May Bioware be able to do what SWG could never do:  Make the Smuggler class work...

• Maverz290Maverz290 Member Posts: 447
    Originally posted by tryklon

I always play the caster type of character, more on the damage side than on the support, so Ill probably go with the Sith Inquisitor.
    In the end it will be my girlfriend decision, because we always play every game together and she is still deciding if she prefers sith or republic. In case of republic I'll be the Jedi Consular

Nothing short of a jedi mind trick would persuade my girlfriend to play an mmo.

Longing for Skyrim, The Old Republic and Mass Effect 3

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by Robsolf

May Bioware be able to do what SWG could never do:  Make the Smuggler class work...

Amongst many many other things....

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

Originally posted by ktanner3

Originally posted by Robsolf

Amongst many many other things....

In the name of all things holy, please let this be it. The star wars MMO. Galaxies was definately worth the time spent, but, Old Republic? Lots of new lore and depth into the star wars world?

I'm jumping in my freezer, wake me up next spring.

• DraneanDranean Member Posts: 77

I think that we will have to see how Bioware develops the game. All classes seem fun to play for me :)

Just curious about the game play and variation.

• Karnage28Karnage28 Member Posts: 12

I would play either Jedi Knight or Jedi Consular as my main, from what the game offers, all decision you make can effect the outcome of your plotline, so to play as a Jedi and keep to the jedi codes is really appealing to me if not a challenge on its own. As alts, I will most likely make a Sith Warrior or Sith Inquisitor for the feel of it, but my best bet would be bounty hunter.

• UberTommyUberTommy Member Posts: 6

Smuggler will be my main.

I will  try Jedi at some time, but that will be down the road a ways since I know there will be a massive population of Bounty Hunters and Jedi's running around.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Originally posted by UberTommy

I will  try Jedi at some time, but that will be down the road a ways since I know there will be a massive population of Bounty Hunters and Jedi's running around.

Jedis are half the classes, bounty hunters and jedi are 75% of the sith empire classes.  (of course theres a good distinction within each class) but you will see quite a few of them.

• UberTommyUberTommy Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by maskedweasel

Jedis are half the classes, bounty hunters and jedi are 75% of the sith empire classes.  (of course theres a good distinction within each class) but you will see quite a few of them.

Personally I was hoping for a cool droid class.

Originally posted by maskedweasel

Personally I was hoping for a cool droid class.

That would be really cool, I don't know if they'll be doing that or not though.  More then likely you could have a companion droid though!

• vladakovvladakov Member Posts: 710

Sith Inquisitor.   

1. I don't like Democracy

2. I like the word Inquisition

3. I like a lightsaber-staff

• Mellow44Mellow44 Member Posts: 599

Good to see some diversity on this forum but 35% will be Sith, 35% will be Jedi and 30% will re-roll to Sith or Jedi.  :-P

All those memories will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

Originally posted by Mellow44

Good to see some diversity on this forum but 35% will be Sith, 35% will be Jedi and 30% will re-roll to Sith or Jedi.  :-P

Yeah it seems we're going to balance ourselves out in the upcoming epic. (Well, I hope it'll be epic. At least, the teaser trailer 'Decieved' was.)

• Mellow44Mellow44 Member Posts: 599
    Originally posted by Maverz290

Yeah it seems we're going to balance ourselves out in the upcoming epic. (Well, I hope it'll be epic. At least, the teaser trailer 'Decieved' was.)

How did you ever deduct THAT from my post?

It will be a forest of lightsabers EVERYWHERE.

All those memories will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

I will play one of each class. Level them all in succession. Take em' all to lvl 10, then 20, then 30...etc.  This way I can experience the story of all the characters and make some moral choices and some not so moral choices the whole way through.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• Kwonjah12Kwonjah12 Member UncommonPosts: 15

ever since sith inquisitor was announced i did want to play a sith warrior but i see the inquisitor and now it's gonna be

main- Sith Inquisitor

alt- Bounty Hunter

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

Bounty Hunter - i can give these glorious oh so mighty Jedi a kick in their ass and get paid for it ;)

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by Blutmaul

Bounty Hunter - i can give these glorious oh so mighty Jedi a kick in their ass and get paid for it ;)

There is no player bounty's in game so goodluck with your crusade.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• Kwonjah12Kwonjah12 Member UncommonPosts: 15
  • KRALMASKRALMAS Member Posts: 1

I'll try Smugler, get plenty of chances in gambling.

How did you ever deduct THAT from my post?

It will be a forest of lightsabers EVERYWHERE.

As in factions dude.

Oh my god. Why can't people accept that it's a Jedi vs Sith war. The sith are attacking the Republic because the jedi are such a big part of it. I mean, you rarely hear them say 'Finally, the Republic will fall to us.' It's always, death to the jedi talk.

Expect jedi, expect sith. As we used to say in SWG, If you don't like jedi and sith, don't play star wars.

Check out some of these threads here

http://swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=91624

http://swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=100653

Those were off the official forums with a lot of responses. Details as follows:

4368 voters total (last  I checked)

Jedi Knight        651    14.90%

Trooper           405       9.27%

Smuggler         469      10.74%

Jedi Consular  608     13.92%

Republic            48.83%

Sith Inquisitor   814      18.64%

Bounty Hunter  459      10.51%

Sith Warrior      555       12.71%

Imperial Agent  407        9.32%

Sith                    51.18%

All in all its really close to being even, where one side isn't completely overpowering the other.. but sith is slightly more popular.

• spikeynormanspikeynorman Member UncommonPosts: 150

Jedi Knight, with alot of alts.

Why? Because I love the lore of the old republic, and feel that anyone who ignores it in this era is missing out on half of star wars. I want to experience it first hand.
    Plus in SWG, there were many jedi, but few 'good' jedi. I like the challenge of besting others of my class. Come to think of it, maybe I should be a sith instead with that kind of attitude lol. (Path of Destruction anyone?)

YES! Darth Bane, thats exactly why I will most likely roll a sith warrior. Probably a jedi knight, bounty hunter and trooper alt. I mean, they all look like alot of fun. Plus when it comes to trooper, who doesn't want to play a storm trooper look a like?

I'm probably going to try and model my sith after Bane. With a curved handle red lightsabre. I think he's cooler with the red instead of purple like in the comics lol. 

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion,I gain strength, through strength,I gain power,through power,I gain victory,through victory,my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Sith Warrior because I'm tired of playing the good side all the time. Time to unleash the power of the dark side!

www.youtube.com/watch 

• jonezi92jonezi92 Member Posts: 224
    Originally posted by SaintViktor

Sith Warrior because I'm tired of playing the good side all the time. Time to unleash the power of the dark side!
    www.youtube.com/watch 

Bounty Hunter - Smuggler PvP vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGn-BXEaUSQ