Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open Beta starts RIGHT NOW!! ITS UP!!

rlmccoy1987rlmccoy1987 Member Posts: 1,722

Henrik just told everyone in IRC that the open beta has started!  Members are now able to post in the beta forums and in the bug tracker! 

Everyone, the release date is February 1st.

www.mortalonline.com/news/open-beta

www.aktietorget.se/pressdocs/StarVault/53715/STVA%20B%2020100129%2012.pdf

Save $5 starting February 1st also:

Remember, the game is incomplete/broken so be weary about buying this.  The AI has been broken for a month now, the combat is bugged, the PVE does not work (b/c of the AI)  Don't use hope, use logic when looking into this game.  The game is still in an early beta / late alpha phase as there is almost no content in the game right now.  There are invisible walls everywhere, there are still "beta" texture mountains (mountains that say "beta" in text), Tindrem is still inaccessible, they still are missing 2 cities, butchering and alchemy is still not in, and the list goes on and on.  Play the open beta before you buy it.

The review sites from the press release were from an interview with the community manager, Alexander Politz (aka Maerlyn)  They are all going on with what will "eventually" be in the game, not what is actually in the current build.  These "reviews" are nothing but hope and propaganda as the reviewers themselves have not even played the game yet. 

They have yet to complete the lore as well.  And they still have the UnrealEngine3 as the Mortal Online window:

Read reactions on their official forums:

www.mortalonline.com/forums/31695-open-beta-starts-1-februari.html

Henrik Nystrom tells the community that this  press release was meant only for the stock market.  After people on the official MO forums were asking why the press release was full of lies (mostly from it saying the game had complete content when it does not) Henrik said it was a "mistake."  Seems they just lied in the press release just to try and make more money.

www.mortalonline.com/forums/31695-open-beta-starts-1-februari-2.html#post688934

Remember, be very cautious when thinking about buying this game.  Play the open beta first to see what it is like before it goes Gold.

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985

HOLY CRAP!!!

They are releasing the game with 1-2 day notice?  What about all those people waiting for their discs to arrive?  They haven't even sent out the "working copies".

Oh well... all those people who were talking about how good it was to delay the launch and how there was no way they would release the game in this condition now have something to think about...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• rlmccoy1987rlmccoy1987 Member Posts: 1,722
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

HOLY CRAP!!!

They are releasing the game with 1-2 day notice?  What about all those people waiting for their discs to arrive?  They haven't even sent out the "working copies".

Oh well... all those people who were talking about how good it was to delay the launch and how there was no way they would release the game in this condition now have something to think about...

Unprofessionalism man, we have known that for a long time now.  I have never seen an MMO company before (even indie) that gives a 1 - 2 day notice.  3 months is the bare minimum for normal/professional companies.

Update, new pictures

• JeezesuzJeezesuz Member Posts: 70

Crap.  Is there any way to stave off my 30 free play time from purchase to 6 months from now?  I don't want to pay to play this.

• LiquidWolfLiquidWolf Member CommonPosts: 516

If you want to try out the Open Beta, make an account, download the current client, then you should be able to log in after February 1st.

As the release states, the core is working, and the developers communicate nicely.

Originally posted by Jeezesuz

Crap.  Is there any way to stave off my 30 free play time from purchase to 6 months from now?  I don't want to pay to play this.

Not possible man.  Once they open it up, your time starts.  If they did not do that, they would lose subs as not many people (except the fans) are going to renew for the 2nd month after playing an incomplete game.

Originally posted by LiquidWolf

As the release states, the core is working, and the developers communicate nicely.

Yes.. announcing "release" 48 hour in advance is definately an example of their communication level...  I wouldn't categorize it as "nice" though... but to each their own.

Speaking of which.. when do you think they will say when the people that ordered the box copy will actually receive a working DVD?

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Speaking of which.. when do you think they will say when the people that ordered the box copy will actually receive a working DVD?

Who knows, maybe a month from now, which will take another month for people to receive it, by then their first "free" month will have already been used up!   (even though they can still download it)

• arrisbarrisb Member UncommonPosts: 194

Surprising and interesting.......

Like many, I feel another 6 months is needed.

• NovaKayneNovaKayne Member Posts: 743

The poswt does state that this is not the GOLD release of the game and that the subscriptions do not start until it reaches the GOLD status.

I read that as you will not be billed monthly until 30 days AFTER it is categorized a GOLD status.

If I am wrong then so be it, otherwise it does not seem like a bad thing for those who have already purchased the game.  I may give it a try some time in Mid Feb to see if it is worthwhile and then keep an eye on it.

Say hello, To the things you've left behind. They are more a part of your life now that you can't touch them.

Originally posted by NovaKayne

The poswt does state that this is not the GOLD release of the game and that the subscriptions do not start until it reaches the GOLD status.

I read that as you will not be billed monthly until 30 days AFTER it is categorized a GOLD status.

If I am wrong then so be it, otherwise it does not seem like a bad thing for those who have already purchased the game.  I may give it a try some time in Mid Feb to see if it is worthwhile and then keep an eye on it.

Henrik said in IRC that it will take a few days for the OB and then the game will go gold.

Originally posted by rlmccoy1987

Who knows, maybe a month from now, which will take another month for people to receive it, by then their first "free" month will have already been used up!   (even though they can still download it)

it's not the point that people CAN download it... it's the point that they paid to have the game delivered on a disc so they didn't HAVE to download it.  Instead of sending a normal client they sent one that couldn;t be patched, with the excuse that they would send a real one for everyone at release.  Well it's now releasing on Sunday... people won't have their discs for a month... that's just great...

it's not the point that people CAN download it... it's the point that they paid to have the game delivered on a disc so they didn't HAVE to download it.  Instead of sending a normal client they sent one that couldn;t be patched, with the excuse that they would send a real one for everyone at release.  Well it's now releasing on Sunday... people won't have their discs for a month... that's just great...

Hey, I agree with you.  I had to throw the part in about how they can download it if they don't have the disk or I would have been flamed.  I agree the disk they sent out should have been able to upgrade to the newest version.

Look at this, the logo still says UnrealEngine3

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

You don't honestly think that the game is going to stay in open beta for months, do you?

It will be a few days of open beta, then a release shortly after that.

This is going to be so fun to watch. I'm bringing marshmallows to roast over the train wreck.

• JeezesuzJeezesuz Member Posts: 70
    Originally posted by HerculesSAS

You don't honestly think that the game is going to stay in open beta for months, do you?

It will be a few days of open beta, then a release shortly after that.

This is going to be so fun to watch. I'm bringing marshmallows to roast over the train wreck.

You can roast them on my head, I am that mad.

Updated the OP about the "reviews" the press release was talking about.

• sickansickan Member Posts: 166

Great news! I'm looking forward to this, since I like the game. Why bother trolling in forums for games you dislike? Waste of time.

Since the improvements, I would like to see an open beta! I still have much more fun in MO than in most of the other games, even though it is beta. So, Weii! There are a couple here that obviously do not like the game and seems to put all Internet time to trashtalk it. haha, how hilarious. The best part is that they did the same with DFO, and now - look how great that game is, so much better than MO bla bla..  Really, is this the only fun in life you have? lol

Originally posted by sickan

Great news! I'm looking forward to this, since I like the game. Why bother trolling in forums for games you dislike? Waste of time.
    Since the improvements, I would like to see an open beta! I still have much more fun in MO than in most of the other games, even though it is beta. So, Weii! There are a couple here that obviously do not like the game and seems to put all Internet time to trashtalk it. haha, how hilarious. The best part is that they did the same with DFO, and now - look how great that game is, so much better than MO bla bla..  Really, is this the only fun in life you have? lol

It's some of the only fun I get during my work day, so yea.

Either way, if you're excited... I'm happy for you. I don't understand WHY you're excited, but at least you're consistent :) That said... I'm still bringing marshmallows for the train wreck that is coming. And it is coming. :)

• downtoearthdowntoearth Member Posts: 3,558

psh whatever

• sickansickan Member Posts: 166

Yep, it will come for you. As it will come for me (and other who enjoys it). So yeah, I can bring some marchmellows as well to celebrate!

Originally posted by downtoearth

this rlm stop trolling really

I responded to this comment earlier.... if you honestly believe that GOLD status isn't coming very shortly, I really don't know what to tell you. It's going to be a few days of open beta, then after a few more days, release.

My guess? Open beta is on Monday, you'll see a release the next week.

Seems this press release is ONLY for the stock market and some of it was lies (mostly from them saying it was complete while its not)  They lied in the press release to try and make some extra money before release, I have never seen a company come out and say that.

Seems this press release is ONLY for the stock market and some of it was lies (mostly from them saying it was complete while its not)  They lied in the press release to try and make some extra money before release, I have never seen a company come out and say that.

at least hes honest. i odubt there going to release within 2 weeks if they do well good luck iw ont be playing for another month or 2

If you already pre-ordered the game your "free" month will start as soon as open beta ends...

If you already pre-ordered the game your "free" month will start as soon as open beta ends...

actully you have to subscribe to start the first month. i would think... but dont matter its a free month so maybe during that month they get it to where the annoying bugs are fixed... We still dont know how long he open beta is. there is no release date yet

Originally posted by downtoearth

actully you have to subscribe to start the first month

Actually no... the last I read was that your "free" month starts immediately.  You won't get billed for a second month unless you subscribe.

If you have different information.. please by all means share it as that would be GOOD news for people that don't want to play the game in this state!