Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Microwave propulsion is coming?

TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

So when will we see the first vehicle to use this new tech?

Watch it here  <<< clicky

Comments

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• iNeokiiNeoki Member UncommonPosts: 353

Hey sweet, it's like a MWD from EVE ! I wanna fit one of those babies to my M3. 20 Years, just think, 10 years ago nobody would of thought of the iPhone or Android to be a possibility.  Now even disabled people have apps to communicate, technology is just so awesome.

TwitchTV: iNeoki

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,244

The reporter said it required no fuel, yet it requires 2.  Electricity to produce the Microwave and Air.  It would definetly make an interesting plane and a means to get into space.  However, once you are in space you will have trouble getting back down as Gases usually don't hold up well for space travel.  They dissipate quicker.

• MunkiMunki Member CommonPosts: 2,128
    Originally posted by becarry

With the advent of the electronic computer and related technologies, a number of aids and devices have been developed ostensibly for the purpose of making life easier for blind people. Although it is true that technology can make life easier and more pleasant for all of us, it is equally true that technology can become a stumbling block that can make our lives unbearably complicated. Also, the inappropriate dependence upon certain forms of technology can cause us to neglect learning some rather basic and important skills.

Well if we neglect them, perhaps that's because they are no longer important.

I know few women know how to repair clothing... but that's because cloths are much cheaper now.

something like 80% of people on the road can't drive a standard, but that's because for 99% of people an automatic gear shifter is perfect.

after 6 or so years, I had to change it a little...

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127
    Originally posted by Teala

Hint: none of us will be here. Maybe in a 100+ years. Just like any major future technology, just because they can create the basis on paper or in a lab which would work there is the matter of countless years before it develops. In this case we are talking a major jump, I don't see this happening in our lifetime.

The above statement was towards this being a viable way to shoot rockets from Earth into space. Perhaps 50 yrs will have this working in space to move sats or something to capture images far out in space.

• kiddyno071kiddyno071 Member Posts: 1,330
    Originally posted by bezado

Originally posted by Teala

Hint: none of us will be here. Maybe in a 100+ years. Just like any major future technology, just because they can create the basis on paper or in a lab which would work there is the matter of countless years before it develops. In this case we are talking a major jump, I don't see this happening in our lifetime.

The above statement was towards this being a viable way to shoot rockets from Earth into space. Perhaps 50 yrs will have this working in space to move sats or something to capture images far out in space.

Damn!  And I was so looking forward to popping some popcorn on the way in to work.