Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TSW release date estimate

2»

Comments

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Somehow I don't put a lot of faith in a doom calendar that was made by people who couldn't forsee the downfall of themselves.

• WingclipWingclip Member UncommonPosts: 54

Originally posted by Darkholme

Originally posted by Mellow44 

You are the ones who made a film about it for fucks sake.

Actually 2012 was written and directed by Roland Emmerich who is from Germany and Harald Kloser Who is from Austria, Mr. Smartypants... So next time you want to bash the USA please do your homework. In the meantime I suggest you keep you anti-USA rhetoric out of what are supposed to be civilized forum conversations. Thanks...

Sadly, there isnt much difference anymore between the US and Europe...

You have China, Russia and then everyone else!!!

• AeraizedAeraized Member Posts: 30

Originally posted by Skatty2007

Originally posted by mets2005

Originally posted by okor

December 20, 2012

haha

That may sound funny, but I believe that is actually the date that their cryptic countdown ends on their homepage...

I cannot recall where the interview is at, however he did state that the countdown is not the release date.

This was quite awhile ago and the 2009 Funcom layoffs have had an effect on their release date by a few months.

• TSWBETAROGSTSWBETAROGS Member Posts: 196

In sep/okt Funcom told use that the game would be a few months late as the where downsizing in Norway and building an new departement in Canada(Montreal). Due to high cost in Norway.  As the interview I am refering to is after this the TSW will come nexst year H2.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Originally posted by sacredfool

Originally posted by Circuit8

If you take a look at TSW's forum for 5 or 10 minutes you will learn, rather quickly, that the countdown on the main page IS for that apocalyptic date... however, that is NOT the release date of the game.

It's just to give the feel of secrecy and doom. It's been confirmed all over that the game will be released before Dec-20-2012.

They are aiming for early 2012 +- 6 months. 

So if they don't manage to get AoC running with a minimal number of players, it might as well release on dec 2012.

I'm hoping it will be earlier than beginning of 2012 instead of later image

But, I'm hoping even more that they'll release it 'when the game is done'. Plase, FC, no more AoC like releases...

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

Originally posted by cyphers

If you take a look at TSW's forum for 5 or 10 minutes you will learn, rather quickly, that the countdown on the main page IS for that apocalyptic date... however, that is NOT the release date of the game.

It's just to give the feel of secrecy and doom. It's been confirmed all over that the game will be released before Dec-20-2012.

So if they don't manage to get AoC running with a minimal number of players, it might as well release on dec 2012.

But, I'm hoping even more that they'll release it 'when the game is done'. Plase, FC, no more AoC like releases...

How many times must i post this ;)

It is to be releasted in 2011 (h2) second half of the year sow july to dec. I.A.W Candian director intervjued in 7jan.

Now there is 18months+/-3 to go. The game is 7year into development, sow not to long to whate :D

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

It is very long when you're eagerly waiting for it image

Maybe i should visit the TSW forums less, it's like all these delicious smells coming out of the restaurant when you're hungry but then having to wait for half a day. Torture!

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

Originally posted by TSWBETAROGS

It is to be releasted in 2011 (h2) second half of the year sow july to dec. I.A.W Candian director intervjued in 7jan.

Now there is 18months+/-3 to go. The game is 7year into development, sow not to long to whate :D

I'd rather it was 2012, to be honest, so what if some interview suggests it will be released in 2011, I'd love them to release a highly polished game & not in the same year as WoW:Catacylsm or SW:TOR, I'm happy to wait for a polished game.

Originally posted by Skuz

I'd rather it was 2012, to be honest, so what if some interview suggests it will be released in 2011, I'd love them to release a highly polished game & not in the same year as WoW:Catacylsm or SW:TOR, I'm happy to wait for a polished game.

WOW and FFXIV are Fantasy and SW:TOR Sci-fi.  Sow TSW is not in the same group as this is an RL/adventure. There is players out there to play all those games. I think  and hope that more WOW player will try other games when they get sick of the toons. If the releas was in 2012 dont mean there will not be new big MMOs comming out then to. Funcom has said that TSW will be released with tonns of more stuff/quest than AoC and alot more polished. They have learned a lot with AoC lanch. I think they will start a big Beta test i good time before the lanch to fix all majore issues.  If you whant a garranty for TSW beta you can enrolle on AoC and prepay for 6months and you are in. If you play AoC you will se how well you PC can run the games. I think TSW will have about the same hardwear requirements as AoC. This becouse AoC got the highes requerement atm.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Funcom has said that TSW will be released with tonns of more stuff/quest than AoC and alot more polished. They have learned a lot with AoC lanch. I think they will start a big Beta test i good time before the lanch to fix all majore issues.

Well to be honest, funcom said the same exact thing about age of conan, how much they learned from the release of anarchy online and they wouldn't repeat the same mistakes.

Don't get me wrong, I am very excited about everything about this game and I am hoping things are different.  If they turn out to be a bust I will only have myself to blame and I am content with that.  Still, I like the ways things are progressing so far and I will only worry if someone up top starts making super huge promises again or talking about steak dinners image.

Otherwise, I am fine with funcom taking as long as they need. 

• goldenkeygoldenkey Member UncommonPosts: 98

Not sure when the project started but they dam  well better run the full 4 to 5 year developement cycle this time.

• LazerouLazerou Member Posts: 202

I think that anyone who has been around MMOs for an appreciable time will know that when a date for release is given that is 2 years away then there is almost no chance of the date being correct. So much can happen to either slow down (more likely) or speed up the development that the release dates are really just predictions.

How many MMOs were released on the date first given for release? Most have a minimum of one, some up to four, announcements of delays that can extend anywhere from a month to a year.

We can hope for a release date but I for one will be happy enough if it is released in 2012 sometime, that should be ample time for them to get it right.

• ContrasterContraster Member Posts: 11

Can some one give me a link so i can know what kind of game TSW is and if i might want it.

Johnny

Originally posted by Lazerou

I think that anyone who has been around MMOs for an appreciable time will know that when a date for release is given that is 2 years away then there is almost no chance of the date being correct. So much can happen to either slow down (more likely) or speed up the development that the release dates are really just predictions.

How many MMOs were released on the date first given for release? Most have a minimum of one, some up to four, announcements of delays that can extend anywhere from a month to a year.

We can hope for a release date but I for one will be happy enough if it is released in 2012 sometime, that should be ample time for them to get it right.

Well the time slot is huge(6months) and all the core features/ most zones are done,  now they need to  fill it with more content and tune/twike the shades and stuff. They are quite good into the production and has two years ago maid an game with the same basic tools just jazzed upp a little for the TSW. Sow i think they have an good ide how mutch time is required to produce it. But yes numeres of things can happen and an early 2012 release might be the case if they get som majore problems.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

Originally posted by Elsabolts

After the debackle of AOC i doubt most gamers will take anything Funcoms puts out to seriousley until the game has been out a few months. This is just the op's hope to hype it somewhat and Funcoms track record says the game will be released to early and will need several months and patches to be playable. AOC still has problems and will continue too in the near future.

" An old addadge should never be forgotton with Funcom "

" Fool me once shame on Funcom ", " Fool me twice shame on Me "

What, What no unfinished game here !

What about the third time?

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

Well the time slot is huge(6months) and all the core features/ most zones are done, now they need to fill it with more content and tune/twike the shades and stuff.

This is pure conjecture. The devs have never stated what zones they have completed or at what stage of development they are. We just don't know, and for a game in pre-alpha, I would not expect to know. They don't want to tell us too much now, and peak the hype machine this far away from release, nor do they want to make too many claims as features, mechanics and content changes dramatically from alpha to release.

Yes this game has been in development for a long time, but the development has not been contiguous and that makes a massive difference, new people have to come in and look over what has been done before. We shouldn't be trying to base our predictions for release on whatever we think. Base it off what the company has said and then add a little bit onto it.

I know we want this game to come out as soon as possible because we want to play it. But we also want a good game and a good launch. I for one am happy to wait until 2012 for a solid launch of a great game.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

December 20, 2012

...I think I'll forgo my pre-order of this one, and hell-no to a life-time sub :)

Originally posted by Cik_Asalin

December 20, 2012

...I think I'll forgo my pre-order of this one, and hell-no to a life-time sub :)

Only the chosen ones (ie. those with lifetime subs) that will be saved during the coming apocalypse.

But I fear I may have already said too much.

Well the time slot is huge(6months) and all the core features/ most zones are done, now they need to fill it with more content and tune/twike the shades and stuff.

This is pure conjecture. The devs have never stated what zones they have completed or at what stage of development they are. We just don't know, and for a game in pre-alpha, I would not expect to know. They don't want to tell us too much now, and peak the hype machine this far away from release, nor do they want to make too many claims as features, mechanics and content changes dramatically from alpha to release.

Yes this game has been in development for a long time, but the development has not been contiguous and that makes a massive difference, new people have to come in and look over what has been done before. We shouldn't be trying to base our predictions for release on whatever we think. Base it off what the company has said and then add a little bit onto it.

I know we want this game to come out as soon as possible because we want to play it. But we also want a good game and a good launch. I for one am happy to wait until 2012 for a solid launch of a great game.

This is from feb 2010

The Secret World

Development status

• 90 people working on project

• The Secret World is approaching an

important mile stone in March in which

several hours of game-play will be finished,

polished and complete, testing all the core

game play systems in conjunction.

• Key content of the next mile stone will

contain among others:

- Many hours of quest game-play

- Combat and RPG systems

- Character development with abilities

- PVP game-play

- Polished locations with adversaries and

non-player characters

Nov 2009

• 90 people working on project

• Iterating on core game play mechanics –

combat, missions, abilities and skills, PVPprototyping

etc.

• Developing content – playfields, dungeons,

monsters, PVP-playfields etc.

• Next major mile stone:

March 1 – Vertical slice; Core systems and

game play in place

Aug 2009

• 100 people working on project

• In alpha stage of development:

o Combat iterations

o User Interface prototyping

o Character development

implementation

o PVP testing etc

May 2009

• Game reached important mile-stone on

May 7:

• 1st iteration combat

• Character creation

• First cut-scenes

• 1st iteration of mission system

• First underground playfield

• Content development tools

• 11 game areas close to complete or in

development

• 100 people working on project

Feb 2009

8 playfields close to complete or in development

First dungeons in development

In-game combat prototype in development

Implementing rule sets

New content development tools in development

80 people working on project

PR and community building commencing during spring 2009

Got this from a forum site, and this collected from finansial rapport/pressetation

As fare as I can se they are tracking well. They are all sow getting more people as AoC expantion wil be completed in mai/june.

development

You see this kind of thing means nothing. 11 game areas? How many are there in total? If it was 12 then that is great, if it was 150 then that is really just beginning.

Also the ambiguity of saying "complete or in developement" could mean 1 area is complete and another 10 in development. And what does "in development" mean?

I am not really having a go at you or the information you have gathered but you made a statement originally that was grossly inaccurate and I just don't want people to get the impression that the game is almost finished and then 18 months down the track wonder why the game still is not released. Then we get comments like "game is fail, taking so long, and they had it almost complete 18 months ago, obviously they don't know what they are doing".

Just trying to keep things in perspective.

development

You see this kind of thing means nothing. 11 game areas? How many are there in total? If it was 12 then that is great, if it was 150 then that is really just beginning.

Also the ambiguity of saying "complete or in developement" could mean 1 area is complete and another 10 in development. And what does "in development" mean?

I am not really having a go at you or the information you have gathered but you made a statement originally that was grossly inaccurate and I just don't want people to get the impression that the game is almost finished and then 18 months down the track wonder why the game still is not released. Then we get comments like "game is fail, taking so long, and they had it almost complete 18 months ago, obviously they don't know what they are doing".

Just trying to keep things in perspective.

I am not saying they are near finished in anyway. Onely that they have been doing alot the last two year and the trackrecord loocks good on TSW. I think they are at a point where it is possible to se how mutch manhours that is required to make all q and polish the product. I am not saying there is no chance for problems an delayes. Onely that q3/q4 in 2011 is an fear estimate from Funcom.

• nefermornefermor Member Posts: 70

Originally posted by Deleted User

Originally posted by MysterioDark

You are right Skatty, it is when the Mayan calender indicates the equinox of the universe. The Mayan calendar does not continue beyond this date. Scary huh ?

The world will not end just because a 5000 year old calendar or something ends in two years.

Americans are always prone to mass hysteria for some reason.

These days its true.  However I have to point out that a lot of that hysteria has to do with a decrepit tyrannical old Aussie heavily influencing our media.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Locking thread due to necro. Don't bring up old threads, guys. Feel free to link to them though.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.