Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Is Your Big Chance To Become A Beta Tester!

Fresh from the Dawntide forums:

"On Monday, February 1st, we'll have our 4th round of invites. We will be inviting over 500 new testers to the beta in order to get a solid base for extensively testing Settling, Conquest and Sailing over the next months. We also hope older testers will begin to take the chance to rejoin us (your accounts are still active) and get up to speed with the game".

Find out more about this game and what it aims to achieve here: http://www.dawntide.net/

Don't miss out on the chance to become part of a great, expanding, mature community.

Regards,

Shardtooth

P.S.: Shardtooth is my name on the Dawntide community portal.

Comments

• BellaHBellaH Member UncommonPosts: 269

Could you give me the IRC info I cant seem too find!

And by the folks, the scenery in this game is stunning! the crafting is fantastic, I think I am already hooked!

• bronecarbronecar Member Posts: 685

Sure thing, here it is, as posted by Zodium, the producer, a very active, involved and helpful figure on the forums:

"Our IRC server is located at "irc.dawntide.net" (Link) in channel #dt.

To use IRC in FireFox, download the ChatZilla Plugin.

Come hang out and talk with the devs! We're just hanging out there and are frequently active, and will answer most questions that aren't about beta invites".

• godzilr1godzilr1 Member UncommonPosts: 550

you beta center page has no "submitt" button.  clicking on your WAI button though cute, sends me to the waisoft.com company page and deletes my data.

Originally posted by godzilr1

you beta center page has no "submitt" button. 

Please look it up again, it's placed somewhat awkward, under Personal Information section, not down below the page.

Hope that helped, g'luck with your app ;)

• Shooter-90Shooter-90 Member Posts: 100

This sounds awesome, what's going to be the marketing model for this game (F2P/P2P)? I am interested to play, I especially want to see how the exploration part works out.

• ultimatum1ultimatum1 Member Posts: 36

Wasn't this the project started by the guys who made the Shards of Dalaya server? Its great seeing how far they've come.

• godzilr1godzilr1 Member UncommonPosts: 550

I see where it's supposed to be (by highlighting the page), but there is not picture or button looking part too it.  It's just a black area that is blending with the background.  clicking there does nothing

Originally posted by Shooter-90

This sounds awesome, what's going to be the marketing model for this game (F2P/P2P)? I am interested to play, I especially want to see how the exploration part works out.

Glad to see you're interested. Thus far this is the only information regarding the pay sub I've managed to uncover. However, it's unofficial, so I wouldn't stick to it :P

"monthly sub but you dont have to buy the game.. like you DONT spend $50 for a box you just pay your monthly is the current plan". (Source Massively.com forums)

I see where it's supposed to be (by highlighting the page), but there is not picture or button looking part too it.  It's just a black area that is blending with the background.  clicking there does nothing

I would suggest the following: refresh the page and give it a little time, it's a BIG button right there, under the first section. You can't miss it :P

Originally posted by ultimatum1

Wasn't this the project started by the guys who made the Shards of Dalaya server? Its great seeing how far they've come.

All I can say to that is the devs have a background in emulation :P

You can find more on that here: http://dawntide.net/community/forum/topic/1000498

Enjoy! :)

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Well i am very tired of trying game after game,i just tried DAOC and was extremely turned off,i am not giving up on the possibility that a gem might pop up.I read the game play description and it sounds interesting,the only way i can tell if it is just talk is to try it out,so i filed for a Beta test.

I know it sounds lame lol,but as soon as i heard they were using the Phys x engine ,i was intrigued,it at least tells me they have some pride in their game and trying to put out a good game.I also liked the talk of running your own towns with your own rules,i actually feel this game has an upside to it.They also talked about EVERYONE be it griefer's,hardcore,carebear's will all have to earn their way through the game,again sounds good but kind of unrealistic,trying it is the only way to find out,how well they implement everything.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll wait until the release and see how it all turns out.

Game sounds promising though.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

you beta center page has no "submitt" button.  clicking on your WAI button though cute, sends me to the waisoft.com company page and deletes my data.

LMAO,,i did the exact same thing,that page really needs an over haul.I think a simple white background as the dark one makes it hard to even find your mouse,also keep the SUBMIT button at the bottom,that is where people expect to use it after completing the form.I also noticed "STATE" Canada has provinces,not a big deal,but right after it asks for postal code and Zip codes lol,so go figure they missed out on provinces.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

The people behind Dawntide present you with another opportunity. Read all about it:

"On February 4th, 7PM GMT, we will be hosting a Q&A session on our IRC server in the #DT channel. Participants are free to ask any questions they want, and though we obviously reserve the right not to answer, we expect to be able to answer most.

We hope you'll stop by and grill us about the combat, storyline, settling or anything else Dawntide!"

See you there! :)

From the Dawntide News Portal:

"We just successfully patched the game and invited about 500 new testers. To the new testers: Welcome to the beta! We hope you'll enjoy and give us lots of reports on it, and don't forget that you can key a friend invite key by linking your beta account with your forum account."

Welcome to Cieve and enjoy your stay! :)

• grumb7fishgrumb7fish Member Posts: 15

is there a beta invite coming up in the near future? I just finished reading the description of the game at their website and really want in on this.

"These are my principles; if you don't like them, I have others." -Groucho Marx

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535

Signed up.

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663
    Originally posted by grumb7fish

is there a beta invite coming up in the near future? I just finished reading the description of the game at their website and really want in on this.

Ask one of the 500 that got in each time. Everyone gets one invite just for making an account and another for each bug report they make in a specific thread.