Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Drop Rate In Lineage 2

Saya98Saya98 Member UncommonPosts: 41

Hey guys I was just wondering how is the drop rate in lineage 2 off of everything is it higher then the rate in Aion?

Comments

• GiggetGigget Member Posts: 129

No, not even close to similar.  The drop rates in L2 are horrendous.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Originally posted by Saya98

Hey guys I was just wondering how is the drop rate in lineage 2 off of everything is it higher then the rate in Aion?

If you think anything in Aion is even remotely close to "hardcore" or difficult or drop rates in Aion are "rare" then Your head will explode in Lineage 2.

I remember going 5 levels in Lineage 2 without a single drop. And levels aren't the easy levels in Aion. Well, they made the lower lvl game a bit easier but the higher lvl game is such that you could go months without leveling.

Still, Lineage 2 is an incredible game. More so if you are part of a clan. Oh, and it isn't quest based like Aion so it is a pure grind game.

I would try it anyways, it's an incredible game.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • rywaltrywalt Member Posts: 44
    Originally posted by Sovrath

If you think anything in Aion is even remotely close to "hardcore" or difficult or drop rates in Aion are "rare" then Your head will explode in Lineage 2.

I remember going 5 levels in Lineage 2 without a single drop. And levels aren't the easy levels in Aion. Well, they made the lower lvl game a bit easier but the higher lvl game is such that you could go months without leveling.

Still, Lineage 2 is an incredible game. More so if you are part of a clan. Oh, and it isn't quest based like Aion so it is a pure grind game.

You've sold me on it, I'm gonna download the trial right now !

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me."
    Paul Atreides

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

LOL... You aren't kidding there. I just downloaded the trial to see how the game has changed since I stopped playing and I made level 20 after only about 6 hours of play time. When I started back in Beta it could take you weeks to hit 20. Now they also hand you most of your no-grade gear. I remember farming for a week just to get enough to get a Dirk... LOL Oh... And now all no-grade weapons can use Soul-Shots... before it had to be mid no-grade or higher. They also give you enough SS to make it all the way to 20 without even having to conserve... I was wasting them left and right and still had about 3k left at 20. Not sure how the D-Grade levels are yet but 1-20 are extreme easy-mode now. Kinda sad really.

Edit: Never used a single health potion yet either... never once did I go below about 75% health all the way to 20. I was killing at times 3-5 mobs at once as well.... Lame.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Originally posted by Brenelael

LOL... You aren't kidding there. I just downloaded the trial to see how the game has changed since I stopped playing and I made level 20 after only about 6 hours of play time. When I started back in Beta it could take you weeks to hit 20. Now they also hand you most of your no-grade gear. I remember farming for a week just to get enough to get a Dirk... LOL Oh... And now all no-grade weapons can use Soul-Shots... before it had to be mid no-grade or higher. They also give you enough SS to make it all the way to 20 without even having to conserve... I was wasting them left and right and still had about 3k left at 20. Not sure how the D-Grade levels are yet but 1-20 are extreme easy-mode now. Kinda sad really.

Edit: Never used a single health potion yet either... never once did I go below about 75% health all the way to 20. I was killing at times 3-5 mobs at once as well.... Lame.

Bren

You are exactly right.

Took me a week of hard playing to get to lvl 20. I remember players buying regular shots in the starter areas and hauling them to Gludio to sell them because there were still sub D grade players there and they still needed shots. That's why I tend to roll my eyes when player compare about Aion and how "hard" it is. Not to trivialize their statements but when you come from the early days of L2 and have experienced the higher lvls you realize that Aion is kind of a piece of cake.

One of the problems with L2 is that the devs really don't think about the game in its entirety. They just add things. So of course you get a huge disparity in levels and of course it takes a while to get players to the higher lvls. So of course they are going to lessen the earlier levels.

of course my arm chair developer stance is that they should have added content that was different and exciting to the lower lvls that one could only be lower lvl to participate in.

Get more people rolling alts and get new players excited to be in the game.

Nc Soft just hasn't done well with L2 as far as great development (my opinion). I mean, there was an actual HUGE seam between parts of land in the Silenis area.

Where you would look through a gap that ran  quite a ways and it was that "nothing gray" that you would see like in the Oblivon editor. And when I came across it (some time ago) and made a remark in clan chat, the response I got was "oh, that's been that way for a while".

Say what you want about blizzard I highly doubt they would have let that one pass.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

Well, that why u never pk a Dwarf, because they are your best friends =)

Back in c3 could take a year (or a little less) to hit 60, i remeber taking MONTHS to craft my B set Doom Plate piece by piece.

The pve is kinda sucky but the PVP is top best, the booting problem is a BIG let down, especialy the chinese guild camping bosses to sell their unique jewels on RMTs.

yet, Play this game and you will NEVER complain about xp/money/ item drop again, i recomend =)

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Originally posted by Brenelael

Bren

You are exactly right.

Took me a week of hard playing to get to lvl 20. I remember players buying regular shots in the starter areas and hauling them to Gludio to sell them because there were still sub D grade players there and they still needed shots. That's why I tend to roll my eyes when player compare about Aion and how "hard" it is. Not to trivialize their statements but when you come from the early days of L2 and have experienced the higher lvls you realize that Aion is kind of a piece of cake.

One of the problems with L2 is that the devs really don't think about the game in its entirety. They just add things. So of course you get a huge disparity in levels and of course it takes a while to get players to the higher lvls. So of course they are going to lessen the earlier levels.

of course my arm chair developer stance is that they should have added content that was different and exciting to the lower lvls that one could only be lower lvl to participate in.

Get more people rolling alts and get new players excited to be in the game.

Nc Soft just hasn't done well with L2 as far as great development (my opinion). I mean, there was an actual HUGE seam between parts of land in the Silenis area.

Where you would look through a gap that ran  quite a ways and it was that "nothing gray" that you would see like in the Oblivon editor. And when I came across it (some time ago) and made a remark in clan chat, the response I got was "oh, that's been that way for a while".

Say what you want about blizzard I highly doubt they would have let that one pass.

Well D-Grade seems just as easy so far as again they handed me 15 D-Grade Shadow Weapon coupons when I became an Assassin. The only problem I'm having is you can't use the Warehouse or Private Stores with a Trial Account so storing all the needless crap you get from quests and getting DSS is a real challenge. With a Paid Account I think the D-Grade levels would be just as easy as level 1-20 were. I realize that they had to lessen the grind for lower levels but they made it way too easy in my honest opinion. The way it is now they might as well just let you roll a C or B Grade Character as playing the lower levels isn't even worth your time. There is absolutely no challenge in it what-so-ever.

Edit: Oh and as for the drop rate... I've only had 2 equipment drops so far in 23 levels(Well except for all of the newbie stuff that drops from the Keltirs and goblins in the starter area) so I'd say that is about the same but Adena and minor items seem to drop from every mob now. This seems to be a lot more than it used to be as I remember killing 5-10 mobs before without getting a single drop of anything.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• JohansonJohanson Member UncommonPosts: 52

I think that adena drop rate on most mobs was always 70%. (from C1 onward)?

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

One thing that is the sad truth about this game is, if you want to play it, with other people you will have to Ebay, buy adena from gold farmers, its as straight forward as that, there is no easy way to make quick in game currency, the chances of you legitimately being able to sustain yourself are as slim as winning the lottery, and thats exactly what has to happen, you have to find something really rare and make a big profit, even then money doesnt last long if you start leveling.

The other route and the "long way up" is to make a crafter on another account, where you level up and spend most of your time in town selling soulshots or other goods to make money, its slow and most of the time you will wish you hadnt started in the first place, if you make it though you can sell S-Grade Soulshots and Spiritshots and your other account with a crafter is pretty much a gold mine sat in town crafting and selling to sustain your main character, to me its a great game but too much hassle to get yourself sorted and ready to play, when you finally get to play your so bored of it that you dont want to.

Furthermore and back to my first point, there are only really 2 types of players you will encounter those who will tell you to buy some adena and they themselves buy it, and those who dont admit they buy it.

• SwampDragonsSwampDragons Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Originally posted by rav3n2

One thing that is the sad truth about this game is, if you want to play it, with other people you will have to Ebay, buy adena from gold farmers, its as straight forward as that, there is no easy way to make quick in game currency, the chances of you legitimately being able to sustain yourself are as slim as winning the lottery, and thats exactly what has to happen, you have to find something really rare and make a big profit, even then money doesnt last long if you start leveling.
    The other route and the "long way up" is to make a crafter on another account, where you level up and spend most of your time in town selling soulshots or other goods to make money, its slow and most of the time you will wish you hadnt started in the first place, if you make it though you can sell S-Grade Soulshots and Spiritshots and your other account with a crafter is pretty much a gold mine sat in town crafting and selling to sustain your main character, to me its a great game but too much hassle to get yourself sorted and ready to play, when you finally get to play your so bored of it that you dont want to.
    Furthermore and back to my first point, there are only really 2 types of players you will encounter those who will tell you to buy some adena and they themselves buy it, and those who dont admit they buy it.

Not really true, you can earn adena on the people that buy it to.

Selling over priced items that you crafted your self is one way.

Farming catacombs for Ancient adena that people pay 10 adena each for on my server is another.

Were ever there is a player run market like AA or craft only items there is profit to be made.

Saying that everyone buy it is just an excuse becuse you  buy it nothing more.

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005
    Originally posted by SwampDragons

Farming catacombs for Ancient adena that people pay 10 adena each for on my server is another.

Were ever there is a player run market like AA or craft only items there is profit to be made.

No your right, if you dont plan to play L2 to all its extent then you dont need to buy adena, dont expect to get any good items for a long time, on the bright side you will probably have enough time to actually level a wolf and sell it.

Anyone that actually plays the game to its full extent, politics, pvp will have ebayed at one point or another, or will be fed resources ebayed from someone else in the guild, its really that simple, you are really fooling yourself if you think not, you probably ebayed yourself, the game is just riddled with botting and RMT its a fact, everyone knows about it, no point trying to deny it. 

I havent played this game for a while now, I know whoever alot of people who do and are in very powerful clans on Teon, some of them dont have to ebay because their income in huge from castles and selling jewelery they do however bot and sell adena, and its funny that they can pinpoint people on forums crying about RMT, ebaying and botting and pointing fingers when they have  purchased services from these people, which brings us neatly to my point people will either deny it or dont care 99% of the time.

The few times I have tried to come back in the past it always boil down to the same, after a certain point you just cant stay competitive without getting adena, and I am just not prepared to spend ridiculous amount of money to grind some more. The thing this game had that was good were the clans, and that only really worked when people didnt buy adena, when you were level 59 and got handed your second piece of C grade, or a C grade helmet (helmets were pretty damn rare doing the Hunter Village quest with your alliance was a good way of getting them tho) and you were damn happy about and it was a huge upgrade and you apreciated the effort that took to gather the mats to do it. 

Ohh and the gfx and soundtrack is still one of the best in my book,

• SwampDragonsSwampDragons Member UncommonPosts: 352

No your right, if you dont plan to play L2 to all its extent then you dont need to buy adena, dont expect to get any good items for a long time, on the bright side you will probably have enough time to actually level a wolf and sell it.

Anyone that actually plays the game to its full extent, politics, pvp will have ebayed at one point or another, or will be fed resources ebayed from someone else in the guild, its really that simple, you are really fooling yourself if you think not, you probably ebayed yourself, the game is just riddled with botting and RMT its a fact, everyone knows about it, no point trying to deny it. 

I havent played this game for a while now, I know whoever alot of people who do and are in very powerful clans on Teon, some of them dont have to ebay because their income in huge from castles and selling jewelery they do however bot and sell adena, and its funny that they can pinpoint people on forums crying about RMT, ebaying and botting and pointing fingers when they have  purchased services from these people, which brings us neatly to my point people will either deny it or dont care 99% of the time.

The few times I have tried to come back in the past it always boil down to the same, after a certain point you just cant stay competitive without getting adena, and I am just not prepared to spend ridiculous amount of money to grind some more. The thing this game had that was good were the clans, and that only really worked when people didnt buy adena, when you were level 59 and got handed your second piece of C grade, or a C grade helmet (helmets were pretty damn rare doing the Hunter Village quest with your alliance was a good way of getting them tho) and you were damn happy about and it was a huge upgrade and you apreciated the effort that took to gather the mats to do it. 

Yea I now this game is filled with Adena buyers and boters, and I agree that its hard to stay competetive in this game with out cheating but please, if you can't get Dynasty wep and armor with out Ebaying you are doing something very wrong.

The only thing that can be considered hard is EPIC jew. and now Zaken can be farmed with low level atls, And I have plenty of friends that sell and trade and craft that have many billions in there inventory.

I agree that the game is filled with MANY cheaters and if you want to have top gear with out cheating you have to put in ALOT of time, still saying everyone does it is just so very  stupid.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Its all about the clan that you are in. My clan leader recently purchased me a Dragonic Set for my level 77 Wind Rider. I will say the same thing here that I tell people who I meet in game. You need to join a Good clan and if they dont help you with leveling and gear then leave and find another.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I see you say that every time you come back after a certain ppint you just cant stay competitive without getting adena. Can you tell me what do you mean? Lineage 2 is not a gank fest like Darrkfall where people are running around killing each other for no reason so are you trying to compete in Olympiad? Whats your level and class?