Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Authentication Error

MithithielMithithiel Member Posts: 77

I first had the corrupt client thing and it wouldn't repair, downloaded a good client version and it loaded up fine on multiple occasions yesterday. Today it is saying the client is up to date and then I go to log in and it says Authentication Failure: The server version is not the same as the client version. Is that something on my end or are they just patching?

Comments

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

Firstly, check their forums often because its in Closed Beta so things are always going on.

When I checked their forums this morning, the first post in their General Forum was about the server being down. No one knows exactly whats going on, because it wasn't announced for some reason, but most are assuming its a patch to fix some things. Guess we'll see. :)

Allods Forums

Game Down Topic

• echiyaechiya Member Posts: 26

The server is down for patching. We are all getting that error. It will right itself shortly.

• MithithielMithithiel Member Posts: 77

Much thanks,  I really enjoy this game so far, its like a much better WoW to me. They borrowed the concepts that worked and improved upon them and gave the character models a simular yet overall more realistic slightly appearance. Good stuff.

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832
    Originally posted by Mithithiel

Much thanks,  I really enjoy this game so far, its like a much better WoW to me. They borrowed the concepts that worked and improved upon them and gave the character models a simular yet overall more realistic slightly appearance. Good stuff.

Usually I am highly against F2P games, but at the moment I'm subbed to one P2P and kinda blah at the moment and due to lack of funds have been forced to take a look at F2P games. This week I've been looking at RoM a bit per a suggestion from a friend. It's decent, it's not the greatest game ever, I doubt I'll spend a dime in the CS, but its enough to keep me entertained for a tiny bit.

My real excitement however, comes from Allods. For some reason, graphics, gameplay, etc, I dunno, it just has me hooked. I only played to 5 in this latest CBT #4. I don't want to ruin the game for myself, which is why I no longer beta test games generally. But this game has me excited, I don't even mind that its F2P and cash shop-oriented. I really like it so far. I am so looking forward to the OBT (since they're not wiping characters I'll begin hanging around more then). I don't personally mind testing for bugs and stuff, I just hate losing my character, haha...

But yeah, looks like a better WoW (graphically speaking) with similarities (UI & Font, etc) from WAR. Otherwise its fairly different from the both. The quests, the gameplay, the lack of auto-attack, I like it.