Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Paying Less for Video Games

JennysMindJennysMind Member UncommonPosts: 869

I'm curious if there are many others who feel the same way I do.

It used to be I had to purchase the latest and greatest game at or close to launch. And it seemed like no matter the price. However more recently it is becoming more rare that I will even sniff a game that is not under $30. And still not purchase a game until under $20. It's not even necessarily the price of the new game, it's more because of a backlog of dozens of games I own and have never tried yet or finished. Heck, I even still go back on occasion and play games like Diablo II and Starcraft that I've played many times before.

So why be in a hurry to purchase the latest game. Within 1-2 years it will be under $30 or less. Plus keeping up with the latest and greatest equipment to run the game becomes less important. I will buy new games on rare occasions, but never within a few months of  launch (I learned my lesson).

Lastly I want to say IMO the market is now saturated with quality video games. There are enough quality games already that you wouldn't need to buy a new game and still have fun. The video game industry is close to full maturity. There just aren't going to be much more growth, unless a whole new technology comes along. An example would be a high quality holographic game.