Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone think that PvPvE really is unique to Aion?

BarryManilowBarryManilow Member UncommonPosts: 701

I have played MMORPGs for a long time.  Since the days of UO back in 1989 then after that EQ1.   Ultima Online had some hard-core PvP where it would make Aion of today seem like Hello Kitty Online.   I have tried other MMORPGs that have PvP in it like Dark Ages of Camelot and Asheron Call.   I have been playing Aion since it went live in NA.   And I have yet to figure out what the heck makes Aion's biggest selling point "PvPvE" any different from other MMORPGs that allows PvP out there?  

I am serious, think about Aion that makes it combo PvP and PvE unique .  Fort raids, one PvP instance, G.W.G. (ganked while grinding), faction-based PvP... hmmmm did I run out of content already that involves PvP and PvE combination in Aion.

Just food for thought.

Comments

• SacfedSacfed Member UncommonPosts: 210

Where is the PvP instance? I must of missed that.

Love you long time!
  • Lathander81Lathander81 Member Posts: 611

Aion Pvpve is based off the 3 factions in the game.  The fact that in the abyss you can be fight  and then the Baladur show up.  

• BarryManilowBarryManilow Member UncommonPosts: 701
    Originally posted by Lathander81

Aion Pvpve is based off the 3 factions in the game.  The fact that in the abyss you can be fight  and then the Baladur show up.  

Basically same as Dark Ages of Camelet, but they made RvR better.   In DAoC, it actually felt like a full scale war between the 3 factions.    But yes, you did point 1 example of a PvPvE thing in the game when one of the factions is AI controlled.  However, at the moment the players actually just use the mobs as tools to be  trained on by the other faction.    It's just another grief tactic that's being lamented on the forums.  People are actually calling it PvT (Player Verse Trains).   To me, is yet another failed experiment of what the Devs envisioned.   Just like the really cool aerial combat that was suppose to be happening in the Abyss.   Flight is a great escape tool.   And actually its safer to just fight on the ground, well I found.  Also there are some extra damage attacks that only work when your opponent is flying.  So you have to be dopey, if you want to give your enemy an extra advantage.   Well unless you are a ranged ganker and want to kill with huge "nukes" then fly away.  Without the mark even seeing you.   But I have yet to see one aerial combat between 2 players like they parade on the videos to promote the game.

There is one PvP group instanced for the really high level toons.    The 3 factions, well 2 factions, the mobs just get trained on whoever wants to win the cheap way fight in the instance.  Good AP for an hour's work, if the players actually don't use cheap tactics to win.   For me it got old though.