Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WTF is the point of the n52te?

Jimmy_ScytheJimmy_Scythe Member CommonPosts: 3,586

I'm talking about this thing:

Why? Maybe if they made the whole thing right handed and put a trackmarble on the thumb I would understand. But this thing....

Why would you use this and not a keyboard? Just what advantage would you gain from this thing?

Someone. Anyone. Please explain this to me.

Comments

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

I had no idea what you were about, so of course I ended up having to google it. Next time give an example.

As for what I see, it looks fine as long as they don't expect me to use the control stick in my left hand. Otherwise I just don't see how you are going to get by without VoIP. It no doubt works fine with a mouse though, and that is why you won't see it reversed for the right hand.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• HarabeckHarabeck Member Posts: 616
    Hmm, I would use it in addition to a keyboard, as a more convenient setup for many shortcuts (such as when playing an engi in warhammer).
  • Jimmy_ScytheJimmy_Scythe Member CommonPosts: 3,586
    Originally posted by GTwander

I had no idea what you were about, so of course I ended up having to google it. Next time give an example.
    As for what I see, it looks fine as long as they don't expect me to use the control stick in my left hand. Otherwise I just don't see how you are going to get by without VoIP. It no doubt works fine with a mouse though, and that is why you won't see it reversed for the right hand.

I did give an example and apparently the image was taken down two seconds later. I've fixed the issue now however....

• quitschoolquitschool Member Posts: 24

You know you want one....

• lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671

I know quite a few people who use the n52. GOt a buddy in WoW who never uses his keyboard when playing. He has everything mapped to his mouse and n52. Plus his macros are all activated thru it as well. So, like in AoC, you have button combosto perform. YOu can setup a macro to press the right sequence to 1 button on the n52. Now, YOu are a hunter in  a pve raid. You can setup a combo chain that will maximize your DPS. Many optionsif you are willing to take the time to set it up.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

• NessinNessin Member UncommonPosts: 80

Don't see how its so confusing.  Its designed to be, in effect, a keyboard replacement.  It fits the hand better (or at least that is the goal) with better spacing between the keys to allow fluid WASD/ESDF style movement with the supporting keys (QERF and so on...).  The button on the bottom right is a mode switch, so you'd hit it to activate SHIFT functions or hit it once to shift to a whole new set of keybinds permanently, a third time for another set of binds, and then back to the first set.  The pad can be used for numerous games that don't depend on it for movement (such as a weapon/skill selector).

Really, rocket science it is not...

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035
    Originally posted by lugal

I know quite a few people who use the n52. GOt a buddy in WoW who never uses his keyboard when playing. He has everything mapped to his mouse and n52. Plus his macros are all activated thru it as well. So, like in AoC, you have button combosto perform. YOu can setup a macro to press the right sequence to 1 button on the n52. Now, YOu are a hunter in  a pve raid. You can setup a combo chain that will maximize your DPS. Many optionsif you are willing to take the time to set it up.

Having played many melee chars in AoC, I really can't see a macro doing any good for someone in PvP. Mobs are stupid and don't move around, but it's the *last* hit of a combo string that fires off the power hit, and you will end up missing that if you macro. People sit on that final blow for the right moment or end up whiffing.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• twitch242twitch242 Member UncommonPosts: 177

If you fail to see why its needed, then its likely not for you anyway, but why post such clueless nonsense like op did ?

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

Keyboard replacement in shooters is the best description for it.  You don't use many keys in alot of single player games as well.  I also like to use it when working on design work.  Instead of memorizing all these Ctrl-Shift-D type commands, you just bind them to keys on the pad, and set it up for the several apps you may use to be similar.