Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

M.A.G player?

drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
title says it all!any player starting to play this 30 minute kill fest(256 player)

Comments

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

i thought this is supposed to be like a tactical team thingy? not like 128players go all out together to kill off the other 128 players at the same time right?

as far as i know, out of the 128 players, is divided into several unit groups to do different objectives right?

So What Now?

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663

It is a team thing. If your team doesn't work together, you will lose.

It, as opposed to Modern Warfare 2, encourages squads to work together and work efficiently. You won't see any lone rangers surviving for long.

• itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351

The game itself has many different modes.

If you want to just run around killing people that mode is called Suppression and only has 32 players.

As you level more modes open up.

Stuff like Demolition(plant bomb/defend bomb targets) and Acquisition(steal enemies vehicle on offense-Defend your vehicles on Defense) i think is up to 64 and are open at levels 4 or 6.I cant remember which

Then at level 8 the other possible match options open up to you that allow for more larger scale battles.

As for the game itself its not just a run around and kill people game.If you want to get nothing for xp and just camp you can but you can literally go 2 and 40 and outscore people who have a much higher kill death ratio just from running around repairing bunkers/vehicles , healing fallen squad and team members , and planting c4 and stuff on enemy targets(bunkers,bridges,anti-aircraft etc)

Other stuff opens up at later level (can be a squad leader at level 15 for example)

Unit sizes are teams of 8,Squad leaders can set up targets and such.

Hope this info helps any possible interested in the game.I play MW2 and M.A.G and i have to say i enjoy both but i like M.A.G better because it has a lot more to offer,larger maps,and it more objective based though lots of noobs still camp 24/7 but that's any war game/fps you play.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

oh well, i just bought it last 3 days, and been playing it since

my short review is : Sver is over populated, i have no f**kin idea why everyone goes to Sver

oh and about the Team Thing... it's far from my imagination, you dont need to follow orders at all, everone just going around and were racing to get the most kills, even if 1 of your team members spotted some random enemy running, they would break formation and start chasing that dude

and then in the end, most of the time, the players were scatred all around the map, lol

nevetheless, it's quite addictive, because of the numbers of players

So What Now?

• XirikXirik Member UncommonPosts: 440

I'm about to reach level 60 (59 right now) and have a 1.39 k/d ratio

/smug

Valor btw!

"You have some serious mental issues you may need to seek some help for. There are others who post things, but do not post them in the way you do. Out of every person who posts crazy shit in this forum, you have some of the craziest and scariest" -FarReach

• enzymeenzyme Member UncommonPosts: 464

Been playing on and off since launch, i like the fact that it's very team oriented, and a bit slower than  cod:mw, fun game, worth the money. Blows SOCOM: Confrontation out of the water.

Current Games:

• itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351

Originally posted by enzyme

Been playing on and off since launch, i like the fact that it's very team oriented, and a bit slower than  cod:mw, fun game, worth the money. Blows SOCOM: Confrontation out of the water.

The reason it blows Socom out of the water is because Zipper directed more attention to M.A.G then the first Socom for PS3.Most of what they tried to do was good but some of the controls and mechanics just didnt seem too realistic to me.I hope with Scocom 4 they get back to the basics.Make it was fun as Socom 2(before hacks and glitchers killed it) and on the PS3 it should just look awesome.Only time will tell.The Trailer looks pretty good but until i see or get to play it i wont pass judgement on it.