Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMOZine preview - 80% first impression!

sickansickan Member Posts: 166

Nice one. Honest article imo.

75% "How Complete". Cant argue with that. Getting better and better ^^ 

You will find it here: http://www.gamerzines.com/downloads/magazines/MMOZine_18.pdf

They are stating the question: Mortal Online; Is this the ultimate sandbox MMOG? ;o)

Comments

• rlmccoy1987rlmccoy1987 Member Posts: 1,722

"Hope" is the only thing I read there.  If its released in a few days, legitimate gaming review sites will give it a 1/10.

• sickansickan Member Posts: 166

Yeah, because they are not legitimate at all....

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Originally posted by rlmccoy1987

"Hope" is the only thing I read there.  If its released in a few days, legitimate gaming review sites will give it a 1/10.

Thats not entirely true. We don't know how the game will be perceived yet.  FE's reviews were all around the board. So were DarkFalls... thought they were mostly bad for DF.    I guess it would all depend on the reviewers tastes... just as some people on these forums like MO and some people don't.. I'm sure theres a reviewer out there that will find the game fun.. even one from a legitimate gaming source.  Though I think the game looks to be in a terrible state.

• downtoearthdowntoearth Member Posts: 3,558
    Originally posted by maskedweasel

Thats not entirely true. We don't know how the game will be perceived yet.  FE's reviews were all around the board. So were DarkFalls... thought they were mostly bad for DF.    I guess it would all depend on the reviewers tastes... just as some people on these forums like MO and some people don't.. I'm sure theres a reviewer out there that will find the game fun.. even one from a legitimate gaming source.  Though I think the game looks to be in a terrible state.

kinda but nothing OMg doom wise

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

I'm not judging one way or the other until I see a real review from Eurogamer.net. Hopefully Eddie himself with bless with another beaut.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• zereelistzereelist Member Posts: 373

I would say most gaming sites will give it a 1-5/10 in its current state.  If they added some pve it would help the score out a bit and actually make it feel like a real game.

• Tobias4Tobias4 Member Posts: 22

How can you call a PvP MMO 85% done when you can't even fire arrows? 

• zereelistzereelist Member Posts: 373
    Originally posted by Tobias4

Hmm,  skill your archery up, and make a bow of decent material perhaps.  I had no problems with archery other than the wierd nose dive the arrows do at  the end.

• EschmekEschmek Member Posts: 25

inferno you never give up for your biased comments?

Also, i will thank you very much that such threads in the past have payed my attention to this game and i become a fan right now :). Never have heared about this game before.

It looks like that those posts are really a cheap advertisment for SV (not always but often).
  • Tobias4Tobias4 Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by zereelist

Hmm,  skill your archery up, and make a bow of decent material perhaps.  I had no problems with archery other than the wierd nose dive the arrows do at  the end.

Other than the fact that the net code does not path them over distance correctly, yeah. 

• sickansickan Member Posts: 166
    Originally posted by Cecropia

I'm not judging one way or the other until I see a real review from Eurogamer.net. Hopefully Eddie himself with bless with another beaut.

Here you go: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/mortal-online-hands-on?page=1

No numbers handed out, but the guy feels pretty optimistic!

• NasirJNasirJ Member UncommonPosts: 164

Originally posted by zereelist

Other than the fact that the net code does not path them over distance correctly, yeah. 

Hmm interesting, now you claim that the net code isn't meant for shooting projectiles? Care to show the source of this?

I would love to see it, considering unreal engines are built upon hitboxes and projectiles. Please spread more misinformation.

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272
    Both articles (the Eurogamer one too) seem to rely heavily on what Maerlyn is telling them. 75% complete is rather arbitrary, as it doesn't break down what they think is complete and what isn't.

Again, if you believe those reviews 100% great -- I think that the reality will be quite different but time will tell.
  • rlmccoy1987rlmccoy1987 Member Posts: 1,722
    Originally posted by HerculesSAS

Both articles (the Eurogamer one too) seem to rely heavily on what Maerlyn is telling them. 75% complete is rather arbitrary, as it doesn't break down what they think is complete and what isn't.

Again, if you believe those reviews 100% great -- I think that the reality will be quite different but time will tell.

Yes, time will tell.

• PolarisationPolarisation Member Posts: 108

After the Darkfall review fiasco where the reviewer Ed Zitron reported on the game after only playing the newbie zone for 2.5 hours, I don't really think EuroGamer has any credibility at all.

Case in point - this MO article doesn't even come close to representing the true state of MO.