Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Producers Letter Big changes coming

Comments

• X3NOX3NO Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by drbaltazar

Originally posted by jotull

I have to wonder if the Carebears have won, The producers letter doesn't seem to bode well and from talking to Friends at Ncsoft ganking seems to be on the chopping block, "Americans want a social game" is currently being chanted at NCsoft west, and was the reason the so called Vision trailer was released to give Rainbow Bright and Paddington bear hope for the future. So They let you flag yourself a no participant in Rifts, or worse provide PVE servers where all of the victims will run to.....seriously WTF has become of NCsoft...in L II they told the west to suck it, now We are getting ready to build houses and ride giant Squirrels just like Tinkerbell, all because Ncsoft is afraid of what SS is going to do in the next lameass version of FF

Somebody fucking shoot me now.

me i like the game but i hate the fact i cant set my graphic higher then half since we get insane lag because of the game itself i hate the insane grind for crafter proper speed would be the speed they use when they do double xp week-end

The massive grind is to hide the lack of content at end-game. Also WTF was the double XP weekend just for players under 30 for? Levels 1-30 are fairly polished. The grind becomes ridiculous 30+

• ElectriceyeElectriceye Member UncommonPosts: 1,171
    Originally posted by X3NO

The massive grind is to hide the lack of content at end-game. Also WTF was the double XP weekend just for players under 30 for? Levels 1-30 are fairly polished. The grind becomes ridiculous 30+

Nope, the double XP has always been for ALL level ranges. -.-

• Krn_AssassinKrn_Assassin Member Posts: 581
    Originally posted by X3NO

Originally posted by drbaltazar

I have to wonder if the Carebears have won, The producers letter doesn't seem to bode well and from talking to Friends at Ncsoft ganking seems to be on the chopping block, "Americans want a social game" is currently being chanted at NCsoft west, and was the reason the so called Vision trailer was released to give Rainbow Bright and Paddington bear hope for the future. So They let you flag yourself a no participant in Rifts, or worse provide PVE servers where all of the victims will run to.....seriously WTF has become of NCsoft...in L II they told the west to suck it, now We are getting ready to build houses and ride giant Squirrels just like Tinkerbell, all because Ncsoft is afraid of what SS is going to do in the next lameass version of FF

me i like the game but i hate the fact i cant set my graphic higher then half since we get insane lag because of the game itself i hate the insane grind for crafter proper speed would be the speed they use when they do double xp week-end

Dude you got false misinformation from this website. Every where else properly stated it except this one.

• CartographyCartography Member UncommonPosts: 331

I don't buy it... mainly because there would be absolutely nothing to do on a PvE server once you hit the level cap... I mean, there is basically nothing to do on the servers as they are right now when you hit 50.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

What I think they would do in a pve server would be remove rifts not remove totally pvp.

Abyss would still be the pvp zone with maybe some safe zones.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Well, seeing as Aion PvP is 100% zerg or gank, I am suprised it took them this long to wake up.

They better have a ton of PvE content to drop in though if it goes this way... Thats a lot of hours running around fruitlessly looking for someone who is engaged on a mob to kill to replace for a lot of people...

Seriously though, Aion never has been a hardcore PvP game- it isnt even actually a PvP game tbh... it is just a game that has some PvP, and thats not the same thing.

I wouldnt expect to see any changes any time soon though.. they are too focused on in game RMT services right now to do anything big. I don't expect to see any Vision stuff before Q3 at least, and by the time it does the dev resource for it will be on life support.

• Where is this "letter" ? I can't seem to find it. Anyone care to post a link ?

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

What letter, where? Nothing new on the Aion website today.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238
    Originally posted by Sukiyaki

chouming - I can't seem to find it. Anyone care to post a link ?
    EricDanie - What letter, where? Nothing new on the Aion website today.

"insider" info...
    Read OPs history in Aion related discussion, then you know. But best part are the other "insider" infos about WoW reaching 13.5M user worldwide in Dezember 09....

Oh, for a second I thought he was serious, with the "Producers Letter" in title and all but I guess he just wants some attention then.

He had it, now /thread

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564
    Originally posted by Ozreth

Social? Hm, sounds like its turning into a game I'd play. Beisdes, if I just wanted to get satisfaction in killing other players I'd just play an online FPS like counterstrike, or halo even. 

That is *precisely* what an extremely vocal group of players are looking for. They want Quake 3 with levels, loot and a large world map instead of isolated maps. Just read many of the posts across the various game forums here - especially for those *with* PvP. Time and again, many on the so-called "hardcore" side of the fence will argue how they don't want social content, they don't want houses, they don't want quests... they don't want PvE content of any kind. All they want is FFA PvP, anytime anywhere, with full looting if possible... and "screw all that carebear PvE crap". They want a completely one-dimensional game. Heaven forbid there are players in "their game" who want something more than a deathmatch in a MMO*RPG*...

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

All I read was "blah blah I want to get cheap kills off people who didn't want to fight or couldn't possibly have won blah blah blah."

I think there was a 'waah' in there somewhere, too.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Why is it that PvPers go off the deepend about not being able to PK anyone they want?  Do they get their rocks off from ganking the unsuspecting player that is gathering, or completing quests?

If more players will subscribe to the game with the implementation of either a PvP/PVE flag or PvE servers, then so be it, it means more money in their pockets so that they can further develope the game. And maybe, just maybe, for you (if you truly aren't afraid of it) it will mean better quality PvPers with their flags on, or on PVP servers.

• hekimohekimo Member Posts: 85

guild wars has some damn fine pvp....why couldnt they just copy guildwars

• jotulljotull Member Posts: 256
    Originally posted by EricDanie

What letter, where? Nothing new on the Aion website today.

So Blind or lazy take your pick

http://na.aiononline.com/board/notices/view?articleID=199&page=

And no they don't specifically say... again read and comprehend they don't specifically say PVE servers my information comes from folks I know from NCfoft west.

• jotulljotull Member Posts: 256
    Originally posted by hekimo

guild wars has some damn fine pvp....why couldnt they just copy guildwars

Victimless PVP is no PVP at all.

• hekimohekimo Member Posts: 85

if you need a victim, twink a level 10 and gank the arena..or just fight the kurzicks

• SidereusSidereus Member Posts: 316
    Originally posted by NickelGrind

Originally posted by Ozreth

Social? Hm, sounds like its turning into a game I'd play. Beisdes, if I just wanted to get satisfaction in killing other players I'd just play an online FPS like counterstrike, or halo even. 
    And they should be afraid of FFXIV.

And if you wanted to be social you could just go out?

YOU SIR SHOULD BE BANNED... for PROMOTING REAL LIFE INTERACTIONS !

what has the world come to...real life...non mais !

QUESTION:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Xridnasa:
    -
    What's a "grocery store"? Is that like McDonald's?
    -
    ANSWER:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sidimazz:
    -
    Kind of, just without the rapist.

• Lathander81Lathander81 Member Posts: 611

The main point of Aion's core is its Pvepvp system.  If you change that into a Pve only system, then the game makes no sense.  Rifts and the Abyss will be point less.  If you want a pvp game then this is not for you.. period.  This is like going to chick-fila (knowing they have only chicken) and  crying telling them they should have hamburgers.  Aion is a PVP/PVE game period. 

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712
    Originally posted by Lathander81

The main point of Aion's core is its Pvepvp system.  If you change that into a Pve only system, then the game makes no sense.  Rifts and the Abyss will be point less.  If you want a pvp game then this is not for you.. period.  This is like going to chick-fila (knowing they have only chicken) and  crying telling them they should have hamburgers.  Aion is a PVP/PVE game period. 

as much disdain as i have for this game the fact i dislike pvp and think this system of pvpve is severely broken i must agree as much as i hate to admit it at least they tried to do something different i mean the pve part is a little lacking for my taste in the abyss but must agree removing the pvp from the game would invalidate everything they sold the game on

pvpve was ncsofts saving grace when it came to aion mainly based on the fact noone even knows what pvpve even means

when i asked guild members in vent they didnt even know what the hell pvpve was but thought it sounded different

• rznkainrznkain Member Posts: 539

WTH do you care if AION allows for pve servers what are you the nerdy kid in school who think other kids should be forced to play with you regardless even if all the other kids think your a tool bag? There will be plenty of moron pvpers just like you on the pvp servers if they did that.Sound like a 10 year old kid who is whining because they cannot gank ppl who may suck as pvp or just not interested in pvp.Same as with the Solo vs forced group debate the more options and ppl a mmog can cater to is a GOOD thing.They are in this to make money and as much money as they can.If they are smart which it is ncsoft so we know they aren't.The best thing they could do is have pve serversAll that does is make ppl who would never pay for the game or a sub do both which in turn keeps the game open longer which also gives them more m oney to develop new content.But I guess you would rather it go the way of Warhammer and have that kinda player base so long as you get to keep ganking.

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712
    Originally posted by rznkain

WTH do you care if AION allows for pve servers what are you the nerdy kid in school who think other kids should be forced to play with you regardless even if all the other kids think your a tool bag? There will be plenty of moron pvpers just like you on the pvp servers if they did that.Sound like a 10 year old kid who is whining because they cannot gimp ppl who may suck as pvp or just not interested in pvp.

This says it all nuff said

• BarryManilowBarryManilow Member UncommonPosts: 701
    Originally posted by Krn_Assassin

Originally posted by FadeToBlack3

Let them have their servers and why not keep playing on yours if you enjoy the game? 

It goes against the whole concept of the game. The west dislike pvp no matter how much they go on boards and claim they do. They will run back to any game that feeds them re-hashed epics and make them feel better for putting in nothing. Aion Vision will bring in more players so if making the game more carebear is what it takes then they will surely do so.

Oh yea, ncwest = arenanet if you guys didn't know.

You know that PvP in Aion is super carebear right?  You lose barely a thing if you die in PvP action. Once you have your gold Abyss gear, and if you don't care about losing Rank.  You lose nothing but an ego bruising, WEE big deal...  Ganking is the same thing, you lose 1 kinah and some AP, but it's nothing to the amount of AP you can get from farming guards or preying on noobs in thier low level areas.

Aion screams carebear no matter how you cut it.

Also, if they made PvE servers, it won't be much to save the game because of the lack of PvE content.  1 PvE instanced at 50?  And that's it... how sad that this game has been out for more then a year in Korea, and 4 months in NA, yet the game seems very incomplete 40+.  Content is very thin in this game.   If they want to save that game, they need to add stupid things like housing, new areas, quests, you know all that dumb carebear junk you hate.   Because after you look pass all the beautiful gfx, it's just another MMO that is incomplete.

• SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896

Because it's just no fucking fun to be going about a quest and then get ganked by some douchbag 20 levels above you. Where is the challenge in that for either of you? It just feeds the douchebag's fragile ego to kill a totally defenseless player for some messed up reason. PvE missions in the abyss, or spy missions are all well and good, and should be enough to satisfy anyone who actually wants to play a challenging game and not just grief other players for a cheap hard-on.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Senadina

Because it's just no fucking fun to be going about a quest and then get ganked by some douchbag 20 levels above you.

I'm all for FFA PVP, but I have to agree with the above statement. It's simply no fun to get killed in seconds by an enemy you could not see coming and had no defense against even if you did.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874

People will say this is not true based on the fact that Aion was promoted as a PvPvE game. They could still get away with that as long as they keep fort raids and dregion(however its spelled). If anything I would think that the PvP flag system would only work outside of the Abyss. Unless they have PvP Areas inside of the Abyss like near fort, but that would be retarded.