Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Death knell? No free subscription with purchase... Only til March

shadow9d9shadow9d9 Member UncommonPosts: 374

Free subcriptions, whether from oreorder or from purchase will last until March 3-4, independent of when you buy.  Afterwards you get nothing free if you buy the game.

Their arrogance and audacity is shocking...  The game has friggin 4 maps per mode, one broken mode(Payload), no world to explore... not even close to the content of the free to play Guild Wars.. and nwo they aren't even giving the standard 1 month free!?

I canceled yesterday.  This game is going nowhere.  The devs are insanely in love with their creation and  see nothing wrong with it. 

Comments

• tehikktehikk Member Posts: 497

So they basically removed the F2P part?

"The question that sometimes drives me hazy: Am I, or the others crazy?" - Albert Einstein

• QuailmanQuailman Member Posts: 165

If this is true, then that's pretty absurd. But I'm sure you'll have blind fanboys in here defending this, so I'm getting ready for a laugh.

Consume. Be silent. Die.

• bdub123bdub123 Member Posts: 16

You do realize the game comes out February 1st right? So March 3rd or 4th would be 1 month free subscription for people who buy it when it first comes out. Plus all you get with subscription is AvA. One month free of that would not be really necessary. I do think they should give a seven day trial of AvA at some point in time for players, but thats not really a big deal. With the free version you can still play all of the game modes so theres not such a big difference that they need to offer a free month tbh.

Owner and Operator www.wikibored.com

• MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780

We all get you hate GA. So you don't like it. Who cares. No game is for everyone. You entire post history is bagging GA. Someone paying you to bag them?

Originally posted by shadow9d9

Originally posted by bdub123

You do realize the game comes out February 1st right? So March 3rd or 4th would be 1 month free subscription for people who buy it when it first comes out. Plus all you get with subscription is AvA. One month free of that would not be really necessary. I do think they should give a seven day trial of AvA at some point in time for players, but thats not really a big deal. With the free version you can still play all of the game modes so theres not such a big difference that they need to offer a free month tbh.

As I stated, anything purchased after the release date will also only allow you to play til March 3rd or 4th.  Anything after March 3-4 will get nothing free.  No free month, period.

The whole game is supposed to be the AvA... that's their whole gimmick.  The rest of the game barely exists.  You can only play with 3 friends, 1-2 PVE maps per mode, 4 pvp maps in each game type, one of which is broken(payload)...

Take the first 4 pvp "maps."  They are all reskins of the same thing.  One central base with 2 wings.

Then just sit and queue to do it over again.

It is a very very barebones games without the subscription content... For $15, maybe... but $50 with no free month? 

While I respect your opinion and don't really care if you like the game or not. I do not understand how one free month would make the game so much better. To be honest if you buy it after march at least a week or two of that time would be spent leveling to thirty to catch up to others. If you chose not to do that AvA would probably be boring for you because chances are you would keep dying.

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

i do think that there needs to be like 3 times the  number of maps, to even ask for money every month.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• shadow9d9shadow9d9 Member UncommonPosts: 374
    Originally posted by Mykell

We all get you hate GA. So you don't like it. Who cares. No game is for everyone. You entire post history is bagging GA. Someone paying you to bag them?

People should know that if they get this game, they will not get the standard 1 month free that has gone with EVERY MMO SINCE AC/EQ/UO.

Period.

People should know that if they get this game, they will not get the standard 1 month free that has gone with EVERY MMO SINCE AC/EQ/UO.

Period.

A lot of the games offer a free month because of the fact that you cannot play them at all unless you pay a subscription. Albeit not every game that offers a free month requires a subscription but a majority do.

• kikinchazkikinchaz Member UncommonPosts: 562

This is just how I expect a F2P game with a P2P element to opperate. They never usually come with a free month, hellgate didnt. The Free Month in standard MMOs is to actually play the game. You cannot play them without paying. Wheras GA you can get a feel for the game with the F2P option...enjoy it, then sub, dont enjoy it, then dont. It's as simple as that. I have no doubt that they'll run P2P content weekends after a few months of launch giving F2P players the chance to experience this content further down the line.

• vladakovvladakov Member Posts: 710

my god, this game has OPTIONAL monthly costs, you don´t have to pay em, but you can. if you do you can do more stuff in the game, simple as that, don´t go whine about if you ain´t gunna play it anyway

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

Originally posted by tehikk

This post has nothing to do with free to play.  It has to do with the standard 1 month free subcription content that comes with every mmo.

There is a pathetic amount of content for free to play.. but that is for another thread.

Well that does it people, this game is going to DIE .....HARD!!!! /sarcasm

Anyway, I was feeling your point till you said the free to play was still in there but you want your 1 month trial time.....t'was good to hear your opinion.

This is not a game.

• DrakkhenDrakkhen Member Posts: 195

I was really interested in this ...

Until I read they were taking the Hellgate approach.

Been there, done that, no thanks.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

This post has nothing to do with free to play.  It has to do with the standard 1 month free subcription content that comes with every mmo.

There is a pathetic amount of content for free to play.. but that is for another thread.

My conclusion is that if they are not offering the standard 1 month free that all MMOs do, then it must not be an MMO.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

Originally posted by BlueOrc

The OP has numerous thread about how he hates the game, he already 'cancelled' several time and keeps starting new threads.   If the game is not for you, relax and go play something else, almost seems like someone is paying you to make nasty threads.

I canceled several times eh?  Mind quoting them for me then?

Making things up only makes you look foolish.

• MaGicBushMaGicBush Member UncommonPosts: 689

Whats funny is they will offer a free month each month, if that makes since. AvA lasts about a month then resets, so each month if you buy the game in said month you get the ava free for that "game." Basically it's still a month of free play for ava, and you have the free option(which honestly is not so watered down, not sure why so many here are saying that).

--------------------

-Currently playing FFXIV, and BDO.

• lordzelmanlordzelman Member Posts: 124

how do u cancel your pre purchase from steam?

• Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292

This is a P2P game. They are doing it like guildwars. You pay for the game, and do not have to pay service charges to continue to play.

They are offering 1 month of PREMIUM service for those that get the game initially, as a teaser for the upsell.

• LeucrottaLeucrotta Member Posts: 679
    Originally posted by Superman0X

They are doing it like guildwars. You pay for the game, and do not have to pay service charges to continue to play.

They are offering 1 month of PREMIUM service for those that get the game initially, as a teaser for the upsell.

So whats the Premuim service  for then if its the same as GW ?, in GW i can enjoy the full game with no restrictions whatsoever

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Period.

This is not the standard sub model though, it's a premium for endgame content with a non-premium shooter attached (as well as some mmo elements).

Personally, I'm not too bothered by this; I didn't plan on paying for the game until I hit the max level anyhow really.

More maps for the normal experience would be nice, true, but that's not really connected to this issue imo.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

Originally posted by MaGicBush

Whats funny is they will offer a free month each month, if that makes since. AvA lasts about a month then resets, so each month if you buy the game in said month you get the ava free for that "game." Basically it's still a month of free play for ava, and you have the free option(which honestly is not so watered down, not sure why so many here are saying that).

This is not true and runs contradictory to the dev's posts.

Originally posted by Superman0X

This is a P2P game. They are doing it like guildwars. You pay for the game, and do not have to pay service charges to continue to play.

Guild Wars is 100% free.  This game eliminates the whole drawpoint of the game, which si their touted AvA.  This is what you pay for.  Since it isn't much, they will add new features like allowing you to play with 9 of your friends and only letting subscribers use it, with the rest being stuck with only 3 of their friends.

• BlueOrcBlueOrc Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by BlueOrc

The OP has numerous thread about how he hates the game, he already 'cancelled' several time and keeps starting new threads.   If the game is not for you, relax and go play something else, almost seems like someone is paying you to make nasty threads.

I canceled several times eh?  Mind quoting them for me then?

Making things up only makes you look foolish.

You have a post saying you canceled today, you have another post in another thread saying you canceled it the previous day (that would make 2 times you cancelled).   You have dozens of posts over the last two weeks bashing the game (why didn't you just cancel the first day?)   You have misleading information about the number of maps (there are 21 PvP maps in additional to PvE an AvA maps)  You compare is to GW which you say is free updates (it's not since content updates are paid for).   Giving a balanced opinion is one thing, but non stop trolling posts just make you look like a raving idiot.

In addition, most MMOs have 1 month free since you would NOT be able to play the game otherwise at all.

• roscorosco Member Posts: 51

Period.

And they don't get an AUTOATTACK KEY either, can you believe this ? Where is this #?&! autoattack key ? And they call it an MMO ?

• striker09dxstriker09dx Member UncommonPosts: 197
    Originally posted by rosco

Period.

And they don't get an AUTOATTACK KEY either, can you believe this ? Where is this #?&! autoattack key ? And they call it an MMO ?

my sarcasm sense is tingling..

• AryasAryas Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 337

This means nothing to me.

I like the game and will play it regardless of scaremongering. I'm surprised there hasn't been more posts like this tbh.

People talk about overhyped games, this is just another classic example of overhyped criticism.

"Haters: Tarnishing the image of unreleased MMOs since..."

Aryas

Playing: Ableton Live 8
    ~ ragequitcancelsubdeletegamesmashcomputerkillself ~

This discussion has been closed.