Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An honest question

Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Let me make it clear, please don't troll here.

I just want a general idea on when everyone who's actually played the game thinks the game would really be worth playing and enjoying. What i mean by this is that they've ironed out problems with the patcher, have good server stability, better servers, improved some graphics for example implementing speed tree, day/night cycle, balanced skills, overall polish, alot better PVE,other continents and features. So yeh just in general when the game actually feels polished and ready to play. Sorry to compare but i would say darkfall is almost at that point since both games were quite in the same rut at release. Once again please don't say its already ready or it would be ready in 5 years, i want an honest opinion.

Comments

• Zaxx99Zaxx99 Member Posts: 1,761

Hmmm. They are putting patches together fairly quickly. But I think the biggest patch or "fix" will be when they get monsters in the game and those mobs have good AI as they keep promising.

I'd guess 2 or 3 more months. That is ONLY my best guess though. Watch the forums and my videos on youtube (search "zaxtor99" on youtube). When my videos start showing game play that looks like hella fun to you, then go for it!

But yeh, two or three more months I'd guess would be a better time to get into the action. But watch the forums and my and other peoples videos on youtube and make your own decision.

- Zaxx

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Yeh i have seen some of your vids and read A LOT about this game, but no offense it just feels way too empty to me at the moment. I personally was hoping there done somewhere around summer time, so 5-6 months.

• ibanz85ibanz85 Member Posts: 75

If your looking for a feature complete game do not look here.   There are basics right now in game but its moreso potential and vision that is driving its core fans along.   I suggest only those looking at it more as a long term game apply now.    Make no mistake many people do enjoy this game and even moreso the developers behind it but even they will tell you they just dont have the money needed to keep delaying.    Lately patches have been going pretty nice though.  Lots of new stuff implimented and lots of cool stuff coming in the next month or two.     I suggest you give it a try during open beta (coming soon) to see if it is something you would be interested in.   

No im not looking for a feature complete game, but a game where there's enough fun features and polish to actually have an enjoyable experience.

Today i was finally able to play during the stress test after all the pain of going through the patcher, and i wouldn't say i was very pleased. Let me say this first, ive been following this game forever and read up on it alot and really was hoping this was the dream MMO of mine.

--Character creator needs work, alot of buginess and unpolished things there but when those are dealt with i would say it's one of the better ones ive seen.

--Starting off, they really need a tutorial to show basic things. Your literally thrown into the world.

--After reading the guides which i thought did have good information just not as detailed i finally went into combat.

--Combat was the biggest disapointment, i knew people were saying its slow and strategic but this just wasn't fun and felt really clunky. Mobs also seemed to be scattered way too far and in between and i literally only saw deer and foxes which made me thinking...Even in youtube vids besides those i havent seen any other animal, are there even any?

--Graphics overall were awesome, but alot of small things and the way it was made was unprofessional. Pointy peaks in the ground everywhere, some textures stressed way too much, landscape mainly had one texture repeating for miles. I know this was on locked beta settings but hopefully it gets better.

--Houses seemed cool

--Towns are too small and ave no life to them, i was thinking they were gonna be huge but usually it was just a few buildings with 2 NPC's.

That's just my observation from about 3 hours of gameplay though.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by yabooer

"Summary....Yadda.. yadda ...yadda..I'm leet"

Did you actually write that with a straight face?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by Gabby-air

I just want a general idea on when everyone who's actually played the game thinks the game would really be worth playing and enjoying. What i mean by this is that they've ironed out problems with the patcher, have good server stability, better servers, improved some graphics for example implementing speed tree, day/night cycle, balanced skills, overall polish, alot better PVE,other continents and features. So yeh just in general when the game actually feels polished and ready to play. Sorry to compare but i would say darkfall is almost at that point since both games were quite in the same rut at release. Once again please don't say its already ready or it would be ready in 5 years, i want an honest opinion.

I'm sorry but I just recently read one of your posts...

"If that's your first character in wow, i would say keep going because the real game doesn't start until lvl 80 and i rather wait till your at the end game to really make your decision. But if you really cant stand wow i would say LOTRO is a perfect game to go to and if you want to mix it up a little bit and try something a little different then give AOC a shot. "

Now listen... TBH I don't think the game is for you, reasons are you will be stripped, raped, forced to quit. Reasons for me saying that is because you are too used to hand holding from WoW. (Quick opinion of course)

You seem to probably think end game in WoW Is hard? I don't understand that to be honest, send in a 40 man group of 80s with their infinite mana/hp and I can gaurentee that they will wipe in AQ 40. You most likely are used to tank n' spank easy mode from WoW. The game was ruined when they made raiding for casual players, you don't have to farm resist gear. Don't have to get attuned to anything. Don't have to learn strategies. In other words it is an EASY game now.

Mortal Online is catered to the "Hardcore Players" meaning while you are most likely at school (You play WoW after BC) Hardcore players will be grinding, they will be pvping, they will be working on how to quickly kill someone. You will get robbed non stop. You will most likely rage quit by the second week. Your chances to survive in the game will be next to nothing. Even myself and countless other vets & hardcore players, we were lost at the very beginning took us a good 5 minutes to recover and understand.

/end rant

Good luck, enjoy getting corpse farmed rofl...

Lol wow...

I have no idea how you make out all that by me suggesting some games to someone.

Mortal is hardcore and the next UO which is exactly why im here, if you read any of my other posts you'll prolly see that ive played well over 200 games over many years and know exactly what i want.

Ok i just read his edited reply, im not gonna even bother with him.

• yabooeryabooer Member Posts: 97

I answered your questions fine.

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

I wouldn't waste your money, this company behind the game has barely got the funding to do much else with it, and the sales of the game to give them more money which they need just won't happen come release. The warnings have been put out loud and clear about the state of the game which has been heard loud and clear. The only people left playing are those so desperate for a new sandbox MMO they've got rose colored glasses on and are in denial they've wasted money on buying it.  I'd hold back until well in to release before considering this one.

Originally posted by IAmMMO

I wouldn't waste your money, this company behind the game has barely got the funding to do much else with it, and the sales of the game to give them more money which they need just won't happen come release. The warnings have been put out loud and clear about the state of the game which has been heard loud and clear. The only people left playing are those so desperate for a new sandbox MMO they've got rose colored glasses on and are in denial they've wasted money on buying it.  I'd hold back until well in to release before considering this one.

I think they hyped the game up a little too much when they put up the the first trailer and screenshots and the overall expectation from people was high. I guess i ignored many things people were saying about the game thinking they're all haters, like you said put those glasses on but ye experiencing the game firsthand i can see where everyone is coming from. IMO i really hope they wait atleast 3-4 months before they release because the game is just lacking in a lot of ways and the overall fanbase of the game besides the ones that already bought it are saying there gonna wait for it to settle down and get polished. But due to the funding this won't happen, i really hope the game doesn't go south but ye at this point it really is gonna take alot of dedication from the devs to turn the game around. Again this is my own opinion, don't go attacking me.

• ElbowsElbows Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by Gabby-air

I'm sorry but I just recently read one of your posts...

"If that's your first character in wow, i would say keep going because the real game doesn't start until lvl 80 and i rather wait till your at the end game to really make your decision. But if you really cant stand wow i would say LOTRO is a perfect game to go to and if you want to mix it up a little bit and try something a little different then give AOC a shot. "

Now listen... TBH I don't think the game is for you, reasons are you will be stripped, raped, forced to quit. Reasons for me saying that is because you are too used to hand holding from WoW. (Quick opinion of course)

You seem to probably think end game in WoW Is hard? I don't understand that to be honest, send in a 40 man group of 80s with their infinite mana/hp and I can gaurentee that they will wipe in AQ 40. You most likely are used to tank n' spank easy mode from WoW. The game was ruined when they made raiding for casual players, you don't have to farm resist gear. Don't have to get attuned to anything. Don't have to learn strategies. In other words it is an EASY game now.

Mortal Online is catered to the "Hardcore Players" meaning while you are most likely at school (You play WoW after BC) Hardcore players will be grinding, they will be pvping, they will be working on how to quickly kill someone. You will get robbed non stop. You will most likely rage quit by the second week. Your chances to survive in the game will be next to nothing. Even myself and countless other vets & hardcore players, we were lost at the very beginning took us a good 5 minutes to recover and understand.

/end rant

Good luck, enjoy getting corpse farmed rofl...

Edit: Let me answer your stupid questions as well...

#1, The creator is fine it doesn't need any work, anything that is added to it will just improve it. It is finished in mine and most players opinions. Also name a game that you can combine races in?

#2, This isn't a themepark cookie cutter game you're used to, they intended this game for players who are sick of all the bullshit hand holding. If you were too ignorant to notice the big "Press "H" for help" that would be your fault not theirs =).

#3, Guides worked fine, you most likely didn't follow exact steps because they worked for everyone else. Go make one yourself if you feel that it didn't work out.

#4, Combat will be fixed, I think combat is great their system is amazing. A + Left click = swing, left D + left click = Swing right, Alt + left click = stab. Good job traveling anywhere... there are a BUNCH of creatures everywhere in chunks, If they know they are going to lose they will run away.

#5, They have great graphics for an indy game, they will most likely be improved as well. Those problems will most likely be fixed. Also look at the mountains sometime they seem to do the same exact thing, WEIRD huh?

#6, Wasn't really a question but yes... everything in this game is pretty great.

#7, I don't know where you were at but the towns I was at have a LOT of npcs around with a good 30+ players running around, stealing from players, crafting. A few buildings + 2 npcs? Great job over exaggerating making players think that this is an empty game.

Yikes what a douche.

• ChirugaiChirugai Member UncommonPosts: 304

Thread locked for off topic posts and trolling.

Fortune favours the bold.

This discussion has been closed.