Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would love to try this game...launcher issues.

Armisael191Armisael191 Member Posts: 162

Got into the beta, downloaded it, patched. Got the version is corrupted error.

Uninstalled, reinstalled, same error.

Went to the official forums, found the fix. Ran the repair, followed the instructions and the fix, then BAM, version corrupted, but now with 5 more files corrupted than the previous.

So the repair broke it more.

Anyone else know what to do?

Comments

• AutumnalDuskAutumnalDusk Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by Armisael191

Got into the beta, downloaded it, patched. Got the version is corrupted error.
    Uninstalled, reinstalled, same error.
    Went to the official forums, found the fix. Ran the repair, followed the instructions and the fix, then BAM, version corrupted, but now with 5 more files corrupted than the previous.
    So the repair broke it more.
    Anyone else know what to do?

Yeah, this is an unneccessarily tricky install problem. You should go to the tech issue forum, find a post where someone has linked a clean "post patch" 'launcher.exe' for you to d/load and replace your existing 'launcher.exe'

As in: ( http://allods-forum.gpotato.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1583&start=150#p44867)

I had the same issues, and ultimately, *this* was the fix for it.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Just lurking...wish I could help.  I installed, platey, uninstalled, reinstalled and am continuing to check this game out without any issues on WinXP.

• Armisael191Armisael191 Member Posts: 162

The fix worked for me, thank you for showing me.

Unfortunately I couldn't get past level 5, combat just took way too long because enemies resist, parry, dodge, block everything and you end up doing 4 points of damage instead of anywhere near what the skill says the range is.