Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How Come Its Illegal to Flirt with Sexy Women whom I work with?

tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819

Whos idea was it to make it so we get in trouble for flirting with Fine(Ticket Ass) Women?

WTF UNITED STATES!!!!!

This is Bull Shit!!!!! Come on,, so not Fair!!!!! 

Makes me Wana  the USA law System sometimes

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

Its legal to flirt with an unsexy coworker.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

If they threaten you with a lawsuit from flirting, then you are doing it wrong.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• sif-lawdsif-lawd Member Posts: 3,402

In what alternate universe is it "illegal" to flirt with any co-worker? You're not going to get arrested for it.

• sif-lawdsif-lawd Member Posts: 3,402
    Originally posted by GTwander

If they threaten you with a lawsuit from flirting, then you are doing it wrong.

What he said.

Also, this.

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

Because, guys are creepy.

I see it alot, girls who OBVIOUSLY have 0 interest in a guy, yet the guy doesn't get the hint and the female is usually too shy/insecure/scared/whatever to say that they have absolutely no interest in them. So, they just keep flirting and flirting while everyone else around is just doing a facepalms all day. It's sick sometimes and personally, I think it's pretty pathetic.

It's not illegal to flirt, if the female is willing. There are subtle clues if she has interest in you and if you can't pick up on them, then you're SoL. Most guys can't pick up on it, especially those who aren't very good with women.

• ChieftanChieftan Member UncommonPosts: 1,188
    Originally posted by TheHatter

I see it alot, girls who OBVIOUSLY have 0 interest in a guy, yet the guy doesn't get the hint and the female is usually too shy/insecure/scared/whatever to say that they have absolutely no interest in them. So, they just keep flirting and flirting while everyone else around is just doing a facepalms all day. It's sick sometimes and personally, I think it's pretty pathetic.

It's not illegal to flirt, if the female is willing. There are subtle clues if she has interest in you and if you can't pick up on them, then you're SoL. Most guys can't pick up on it, especially those who aren't very good with women.

I think it's pathetic for married women to flirt with their coworkers all day.  Seriously why are so many married women so needy?  If you really think you need that kind of interaction, try putting out for your husband every once in awhile.  Maybe if you did you wouldn't have to flirt with other men.

My youtube MMO gaming channel

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

I can just picture the OP as some white collar dude slapping women on the ass as they walk by the watercooler haha.

O_o o_O

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440
    Originally posted by Yohda

Its not me man, its you.

win lol

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495

How come it's illegal t have sex with women that wear sexy clothes, even if they say no?

WTF?!!! Is this America?

• FaxxerFaxxer Member Posts: 3,247
    Originally posted by Chieftan

I think it's pathetic for married women to flirt with their coworkers all day.  Seriously why are so many married women so needy?  If you really think you need that kind of interaction, try putting out for your husband every once in awhile.  Maybe if you did you wouldn't have to flirt with other men.

why can't a girl ball up and say she isn't interested rather than go behind the guy's back and talk about how creepy he is to other coworkers...cowardly...

p.s.  guys "in general" don't get "clues" that girls give....speak directly and we'll listen.  if a girl says "i don't want anything to do with you...go away and never speak to me again." ....I know the majority of guys will go..."oh.  ok." and walk away.  

IF a guy doesn't after that, then he's subject to his ass being beaten down or fired for harrassment.

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547
    Originally posted by Faxxer

Originally posted by Chieftan

why can't a girl ball up and say she isn't interested rather than go behind the guy's back and talk about how creepy he is to other coworkers...cowardly...

p.s.  guys "in general" don't get "clues" that girls give....speak directly and we'll listen.  if a girl says "i don't want anything to do with you...go away and never speak to me again." ....I know the majority of guys will go..."oh.  ok." and walk away.  

IF a guy doesn't after that, then he's subject to his ass being beaten down or fired for harrassment.

Idk, ask  them. They just don't, I haven't met many in my life that do. Then they usually get falsely labeled as a bitch because of it, or usually the rumor gets spread around that's she's a slut and has slept with 10 guys she hasn't ever even talked to.

I agree with the law totally, guys who don't get the hints, no matter how obvious, create hostile work environments for everyone there. Laws like this, keep at least some of those guys away and scared. I'm sure there are a few females who push it to places it doesn't need to go and completely make up things, but still....... generally speaking, it's better for everyone.

• AzarealAzareal Member UncommonPosts: 163

I think it's more an issue of level of employment, i.e. if you're a manager and you're flirting with the receptionist then you're looking for trouble since it can be construed as sexual harassment. The concept / threat being that your boss can fire you if you don't sleep with him/her. And flirting can be construed as a sort of invitation to engage in sexual activities. I'm only guessing though that if you're, e.g. both just secretarial level then there shouldn't be any problems; debatable though.

Generally, just keep your d!ck in your pants at work. Just not worth the hassle.

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142
    Originally posted by Azareal

Generally, just keep your d!ck in your pants at work. Just not worth the hassle.

The phrase "don't shit where you eat" keeps coming to mind.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495
    Originally posted by Azareal

I think it's more an issue of level of employment, i.e. if you're a manager and you're flirting with the receptionist then you're looking for trouble since it can be construed as sexual harassment. The concept / threat being that your boss can fire you if you don't sleep with him/her. And flirting can be construed as a sort of invitation to engage in sexual activities. I'm only guessing though that if you're, e.g. both just secretarial level then there shouldn't be any problems; debatable though.

I think it's OK to ask your co-worker out if you work the fry machine and she works the register, so the OP should be fine, but I could be wrong. Best to  check your Mickey D's employee handbook first.  j/k

It's not illegal, I just think you're doing it wrong

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

I think there is a huge difference between" flirtation" and harrassment, and even worse, creepy stalker behavior. People not realizing how their bahavior is perceived is the biggest problem. Playful flirtation is generally tolerated, and usually not a problem. That is normal, but what you may see as playful flirtation, another might not see as playful.

Genrally though, Many people do not and will not date someone they work with, or a patient, client, customer ect.  They are there to work and believe in keeping business and play time separate. I have never dated anyone work related because I see that as " bad business". I have been hit on every where I have worked since I was a teenager, but NEVER would give it a second thought.  I have no problem with playful flirtation, and no, even when actually harrassed and stalked I didnp;t go around screaming " HARRASMENT!" because I believe in handling things myself.

When my former employer leaned across the desk and said " what if I just leaned over and gave you the most passionate kiss you have ever expieranced?" I just looked him dead in the eye and firmly told him," you would not be that stupid. You would be picking your teeth up off the floor." and  He got the messege, and said," you are right."  end of discussion. No need to go scream harrament, it was taken care of.

Now if  someone touches me without my permission, that is different,  I did not receive a warning and so I do not feel the need to give one. YEs,  will hurt you if you touch me without my consent, I broke my friends nose ( even though we are still friends to this day), and stood on a guys windpipe because they crossed the line. I will defend my person, Have done so many times in the past, and will do so again if you do not keep your hands or any other parts you may have to yourself. It would be YOUR mistake to try and pull on my clothing, rub your parts up against my hind quarters, or anything else that I did not consent to.

I made the mistake once of " getting my ex a job" ( well he wasn't my ex at the time.). That was a huge mistake, he sucked so bad I had to fire him, and that just made things worse.It is best to keep business and pleasure separate, it gets too complicated when you mix the two. People have different work ethics, and for me when I am working, that is all I am there for, Kick as much ass a possible, get what I need done as fast and the best I can  so I can go home and bust out my rum covered slip n slide and a kiddie pool full of cherry jello and not think about work anymore.

Now on the topic of " unassertive women". My lil' sis is that way, she is shy. It embarrasses her to be hit on, so she doesn't fully get her " I am not interested" point across. When  guy hits on her she just blushes and puts her head down. This is NOT a signal to , " Move in on the prey!" this is just that you are embarrassing her, and it is making her very uncomfortable . That is her defense mechanism telling you that she doesn't want you to keep embarrasing her. SO Please STOP IT!

First off, the way men hit on women for the most part is a big part of the problem. Do not try to pounce on prey, do not smother her with lame ass flattery. Instead show interest in things she enjoys, spark up real conversation and see where things go from there. If she is disinterested, or excuses herself from you frequently.. she is NOT interested. Go find something better to do than to harrass her after that. There is no need to surprise her with creepy gifts, tell her you" want to bang her bubble butt", or breath, touch, or leer at her. This will not " Woo" a woman, this will only make her go buy a gun, mace, and a taser for her safety.

• AzarealAzareal Member UncommonPosts: 163

Curiously though, I find that women these days tend to be more aggressive than the men I've come across. I've been working close to 20 years now; been with various companies and when I started out it always seemed to be the men who do the chasing but these days it seems as though the younger ladies are the ones doing it. Generally, the men around the offices I've worked in are dead scared of the women. Likely because they know how easy it is to get sued for sexual harassment. It's pretty funny though since you'll see the women flirting with the guys and if the guys are senior management, they'll be all defensive and looking really nervous.

I've only succumbed once with a junior executive but that was when both of us were drunk out of our minds from an office party. Luckily her reaction the next day was one of "OMG! I CAN"T believe I slept with the boss." My reaction was "OMG! I'm DEAD !". Still gives me the chills when I think about it. To this day, I drink a beer and then switch to cola at all office parties lol.

• ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662

To OP.  Start hitting on the ugly ones.  My guess is you'll be doing them a favor and won't get in any trouble for it.

Originally posted by deviliscious

I think there is a huge difference between" flirtation" and harrassment, and even worse, creepy stalker behavior. People not realizing how their bahavior is perceived is the biggest problem. Playful flirtation is generally tolerated, and usually not a problem. That is normal, but what you may see as playful flirtation, another might not see as playful.
    Genrally though, Many people do not and will not date someone they work with, or a patient, client, customer ect.  They are there to work and believe in keeping business and play time separate. I have never dated anyone work related because I see that as " bad business". I have been hit on every where I have worked since I was a teenager, but NEVER would give it a second thought.  I have no problem with playful flirtation, and no, even when actually harrassed and stalked I didnp;t go around screaming " HARRASMENT!" because I believe in handling things myself.
    When my former employer leaned across the desk and said " what if I just leaned over and gave you the most passionate kiss you have ever expieranced?" I just looked him dead in the eye and firmly told him," you would not be that stupid. You would be picking your teeth up off the floor." and  He got the messege, and said," you are right."  end of discussion. No need to go scream harrament, it was taken care of.
    Now if  someone touches me without my permission, that is different,  I did not receive a warning and so I do not feel the need to give one. YEs,  will hurt you if you touch me without my consent, I broke my friends nose ( even though we are still friends to this day), and stood on a guys windpipe because they crossed the line. I will defend my person, Have done so many times in the past, and will do so again if you do not keep your hands or any other parts you may have to yourself. It would be YOUR mistake to try and pull on my clothing, rub your parts up against my hind quarters, or anything else that I did not consent to.
    I made the mistake once of " getting my ex a job" ( well he wasn't my ex at the time.). That was a huge mistake, he sucked so bad I had to fire him, and that just made things worse.It is best to keep business and pleasure separate, it gets too complicated when you mix the two. People have different work ethics, and for me when I am working, that is all I am there for, Kick as much ass a possible, get what I need done as fast and the best I can  so I can go home and bust out my rum covered slip n slide and a kiddie pool full of cherry jello and not think about work anymore.
    Now on the topic of " unassertive women". My lil' sis is that way, she is shy. It embarrasses her to be hit on, so she doesn't fully get her " I am not interested" point across. When  guy hits on her she just blushes and puts her head down. This is NOT a signal to , " Move in on the prey!" this is just that you are embarrassing her, and it is making her very uncomfortable . That is her defense mechanism telling you that she doesn't want you to keep embarrasing her. SO Please STOP IT!
    First off, the way men hit on women for the most part is a big part of the problem. Do not try to pounce on prey, do not smother her with lame ass flattery. Instead show interest in things she enjoys, spark up real conversation and see where things go from there. If she is disinterested, or excuses herself from you frequently.. she is NOT interested. Go find something better to do than to harrass her after that. There is no need to surprise her with creepy gifts, tell her you" want to bang her bubble butt", or breath, touch, or leer at her. This will not " Woo" a woman, this will only make her go buy a gun, mace, and a taser for her safety.

What if I like a woman who can fight back? ..... what?!

• meltranmeltran Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by tro44_1

Whos idea was it to make it so we get in trouble for flirting with Fine(Ticket Ass) Women?

WTF UNITED STATES!!!!!

This is Bull Shit!!!!! Come on,, so not Fair!!!!! 
    Makes me Wana  the USA law System sometimes

Try inviting your sexy officemate to a bar. Maybe then you won't get in trouble if you flirt with her there.