Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard release new music - Invincible - Epic, must hear.

An hour ago blizzard released this masterpiece, listen to this, it will take around 3 m.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/news-2/invincible-music-blue-posts/

It is so beautiful, and rly gives you a picture of the legendary warcraft saga.

Questions.

1 - Did you like it ?

2 - What pictures did you get in your head when hearing it ?

3- the song is made for world of warcraft, do you think it fits ?

Enjoy :-D

Comments

• eldarineldarin Member Posts: 21

No picture for me , also i don't like warcraft , music is ok thank you for sharing.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

yep asian drum (the big ass mother @#%#$^&;)saw those once in montreal it was an asian festival

the asian one are deeper then wow you have to have more volume on those since they are one if not the deepest sounding

hell just the music alone there is enough music in wow to do an opus.and not very easy either!

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

Started off good, but wasn't as epic as I would have wished. Would be nice music for a cutscene.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

1. Not bad, but not really that epic.

2. Sounds like it'd fit in a Warcraft cutscene, so that's the imagery I saw when I listened to it.

3. Yeah, it fits Warcraft, but I still think some of the original WoW music is better. Like the music for Dun Morogh... quiet, yet still very moving and powerful. This was similar.

Edit: I was talking about the actual song called Invincible, not the music in the video of the same name. The music in the video is a bit more epic, if that's what you were referring to...

• nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063

It's a good song, much like most songs Blizzard does. However, the songs are better suited for the dark story of the saga itself, not the game. WoW is more about doing some menial tasks for some lazy NPC, than it is about doing something Epic. Also, the way Blizzard handles the things that are Epic, make a person feel non-heroic, because I feel the less people you have completing something the moe heroic and impressive it is.  Plus the community in WoW that cares about Epic things, also are selfish and are loot whores. There are exceptions to every rule, but that's the general gist of how I perceive things based on my experiences.

• OrdeathOrdeath Member Posts: 22

not bad not bad.... but Epic is

Conan the Barbarian - from the movie

Lord of the Rings Return of the King - where Merry/ Pippen is singing the song as the group is charging out to the small river town near the castle only to get slaughtered by the evil forces

Only the Dead See the End of War

• MalteseMaltese Member Posts: 60

The music is good.

What comes to mind is an opening cinematic. A camera moving over a city, a landscape, a large battle. Maybe with a few close ups of major heroes and villains thrown into the mix.

Which brings me to your third question. I personally think this is over the top for Warcraft. The music has an air of pathos about it and a theme oozing seriousness. Now WoW is a game which features cartoonish art design, cheap jokes build around contemporary pop culture, farting elves and what not. That clashes badly, in my opinion. Like taking a Dawn of War game and replacing the music with 8-bit Super Mario/Zelda style sound effects. It's plain preposterous.

• ChieftanChieftan Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

I just came across Invincible's empty grave while I was doing a undead newbie quest the other day.  I've leveled 5 or 6 chars there and never noticed it before.

My youtube MMO gaming channel

• ScottcScottc Member Posts: 680

It's a shame their game isn't as good as their music.  About half way through the music it didn't sound too fit for a fantasy world.  The first portion was fine though.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

I hated the music in WoW until Burning Crusade, and since then, I'd say the music in that game ranks pretty high up on the list as far as a MMO's soundtrack goes.

• I find everyone's "song is epic" comments a little strange, let me explain. I love orchestra music, Howard Shore, Hans Zimmer, Harry Gregson Williams ect. Now to me this is a little bit of a rip off I can hear kingdom of heaven and pirates of the Caribbean in it.

• Andr4599Andr4599 Member Posts: 99
    Originally posted by Battlekruse

I find everyone's "song is epic" comments a little strange, let me explain. I love orchestra music, Howard Shore, Hans Zimmer, Harry Gregson Williams ect. Now to me this is a little bit of a rip off I can hear kingdom of heaven and pirates of the Caribbean in it.

No you cant.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401
    Originally posted by Battlekruse

I find everyone's "song is epic" comments a little strange, let me explain. I love orchestra music, Howard Shore, Hans Zimmer, Harry Gregson Williams ect. Now to me this is a little bit of a rip off I can hear kingdom of heaven and pirates of the Caribbean in it.

Bad news.

Everyone rips off of something else.  Even music.  Even those people you mentioned.

• ThedrizzleThedrizzle Member Posts: 322

Music is good, doesn't fit the video as everyone sayd.

Also, its been quite sometime since I last played WoW and man those graphics sh*t the bed.