Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

my computer build need opions

gaara168gaara168 Member UncommonPosts: 47

Thermaltake V3 Black Mid-Tower Case

700watt power supply-will upgrade to 1000 watt later

amd phenom x4 965 black edition quad core-total 13.5 ghz

Asetek LCLC 120 Liquid Cooling System 120MM radiator an fan

4gb ram ddr3 1333mhz cosaior

MSI 770-C45 AM3 770 Chipset DDR3 1666+/1333/1066 with PCIe slot SATA RAID MB w/GbLAN,USB2.0,&7.1Audio(mobo)

ATI Radeon HD 5750 1GB DDR5 16X PCIe Video Card [DirectX 11 Support]

500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD

Lite-On IHOS 104 4X Blu-Ray Player

HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

Zonet ZEW1642 IEEE 802.11b/g/n Draft 2.0 PCI Wireless Adapter Network Card

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

Ideally you should wait until Q1 2010 is over before purchasing a new computer.  The reason why is price decreases and better options.  For AMD you will have six-core phenoms, and the 890 chipset.  For ATI you will have competition most likely dropping the prices on HD5xxx video cards in half.  Here are some minor notes about some of the parts you picked.

Unless you are planning for more then 1 video card you don't need a 700watt PSU.  You should get a better quality 500w~600w PSU.  On the HDD, you only have 1 which makes it a good idea to get the one with a 32MB cache instead of a 16MB cache.  The wireless antenna isn't the best choice.  Its connected to the card which means it could have electrical interferance from your computer.  Getting an antenna the connects away from the PC is more ideal.  Also the best choice for networking is Cisco and Linksys.  Last Thermaltake makes really crappy fans.  Prepare to replace the ones you have in the case.  I have owned 2 Thermaltake cases, and the fans that came with it ended up dieing.  The case also may be too short for newer video cards.

• gaara168gaara168 Member UncommonPosts: 47

ye ai know watcha mean about the cases all iw ant is the case really i already have a good stock of 120 mm fans an why would i need six cores for amd caus eall im gonna be doing is really playing game slike aion watching stufff online im not doing anything really out of my way an i dont oer clock  an i get way ur saying about the wireless card so like a wireless usb adapter an i use belkin ive had no problems with it at all

The main reason to wait is price.  They will drop in price considerably.

eh price isnt a big deal for me.cause right now im using a crappy low lit labtop an it can barely run aion i have to set everything to low an the game looks like it should be on ps1 when i play aion i know the price will drop later but i got the munny to spend an it doesnt bother me all that much an if i keep playin on this labtop i think imma blow it up with an m80 XD

Ok just making sure because you are going to save atleast a hundred dollars waiting until April to build.  Your build looks great so there isn't much room to change it.  Like I said I would change the power supply, case, wireless adapter, and HDD.  I would also rethink the motherboard and video card.  I use MSI myself but always at the high end.  I hear bad stories about build quality on lower end MSI boards.  Although the video card you chose performs well and consumes close to no energy, at that price point you can get an HD4890 which performs about 10~15% better.

ok thanks for the advice man

• dfandfan Member Posts: 362

Forget that liquid cooling, top end air cooler are better and have less problems.

ye ai know i already chenged it to a six heat pipe 120mmcpu fan

• noquarternoquarter Member Posts: 1,170

Originally posted by gaara168
    Thermaltake V3 Black Mid-Tower Case
    700watt power supply-will upgrade to 1000 watt later
    amd phenom x4 965 black edition quad core-total 13.5 ghz
    Asetek LCLC 120 Liquid Cooling System 120MM radiator an fan
    4gb ram ddr3 1333mhz cosaior
    MSI 770-C45 AM3 770 Chipset DDR3 1666+/1333/1066 with PCIe slot SATA RAID MB w/GbLAN,USB2.0,&7.1Audio(mobo)
    ATI Radeon HD 5750 1GB DDR5 16X PCIe Video Card [DirectX 11 Support]
    500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD
    Lite-On IHOS 104 4X Blu-Ray Player
    HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
    Zonet ZEW1642 IEEE 802.11b/g/n Draft 2.0 PCI Wireless Adapter Network Card

If this is primarily for gaming.. step down the processor to a Phenom x4 955 and PSU to a 550W, use that money to step up the video card to a 5770 (or 5830 in 2 weeks)

ok man thanks for the advice but why do i need to step down on my processor an power supply?

• TibbzTibbz Member UncommonPosts: 613

ok man thanks for the advice but why do i need to step down on my processor an power supply?

no real need to.  However if you are going to overclock then the 955 x4 OCs to about the same as the old 965.  The "new" 965 with new stepping should oc slightly better.  Go with wichever is on sale.  if you are not going to OC then get the Phenom II 945 (95 TDP vs 125TDP) at 3.0 gig.  Any of these chips should run nicely with you 5850. 

I am always a fan of overkill on the PSU.  if you have a 700watt PSU and only use 450watts then you are pulling less load on the PSU therefore increasing efficency, decreasing temp and increasing life.

• noquarternoquarter Member Posts: 1,170

To free up money for video card is all. If you can afford both then do so. I think it's best to pick the GPU you want then find the CPU needed to support it. A 5750 doesn't need anything as fast as a Phenom II 965 is all.