Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Steam screwing people over for refund?

mrmelonimrmeloni Member UncommonPosts: 236

I ordered this game from steam and saw what a pile of garbage it is in beta so I demanded a refund. This was on the 10th of january. I'm entitled to a refund as the game hasn't launched yet.

Steam responded and said they will refund me as soon as the payment clears or whatever. Ok sure, it cleared ages ago. It's now jan 22nd and they still haven't refunded me. On monday this week they contacted me again and said the refund would be done in 3 days, it's now friday evening and they still haven't refunded me.

Global Agenda launches soon, i'm going to my bank to contest the charge if they are trying to rip me off by stalling the refund for a whole 20 days after I first asked for it.

Comments

• shepx22shepx22 Member Posts: 133

-Deleted-

• sn0wblind00sn0wblind00 Member UncommonPosts: 388

They gave me my refund of G.A. within 3 days of submitting a ticket.

Don't really understand the point of this post.  Various other people in the steam forums had no trouble either.  Find a phone number and call.

• mrmelonimrmeloni Member UncommonPosts: 236

The point is I don't understand how this request I made 2 weeks ago still hasn't been made, even though they've responded on multiple occasions claiming they will do it. I sent them a paypal payment and the payment was completed instantly, my payments do not get held or anything.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

I requested a refund on steam 2 days ago and got my email notice of refund this afternoon.

Not sure what your hold up is but for me it was as easy as submitting a ticket and waiting 48 hours.

• misterdurpmisterdurp Member Posts: 157
    Originally posted by mrmeloni

The point is I don't understand how this request I made 2 weeks ago still hasn't been made, even though they've responded on multiple occasions claiming they will do it. I sent them a paypal payment and the payment was completed instantly, my payments do not get held or anything.

Im not really sure this cry for help should be on these forums, let alone on any forum.

• uohaloranuohaloran Member Posts: 811

And venting on this forum is doing what exactly?

• Smithy021Smithy021 Member Posts: 41

got mine back after only 1 day..

• AgartAgart Member UncommonPosts: 82
    Originally posted by Smithy021

got mine back after only 1 day..

Same for me

• BsheezyBsheezy Member UncommonPosts: 88

yep, me too

• shadow9d9shadow9d9 Member UncommonPosts: 374

I got a refund this morning 1 day after ticket submitted.

• ShadinShadin Member CommonPosts: 294

Got my answer that they'd refund me, but still haven't gotten it (one week).. Waiting until tomorrow before writing a ticket about it.

• DEATHRAMENTDEATHRAMENT Member UncommonPosts: 701

same got my refund very fast

• tweakthemtweakthem Member Posts: 14

Do you submit it in the ticket. When you ask a question. Just asking. I just did it.

• Pengy20Pengy20 Member Posts: 59

Couple things to check/check in to. Are you making sure that your card was charged(My STEAM account had my wife's credit card which I forgot. So it was refunded to that card). Also The store I used to work for, when we did refunds it would leave our system and it could sometimes take almost 3 weeks for the account to receive that amount because of processing. Check with your bank or card and see if it is that.

"That's ludicrous. Are you seriously suggesting that I get better at the game in order to compete?"-Random Failure in the Global Agenda Beta forums.

• ShadinShadin Member CommonPosts: 294
    Originally posted by Pengy20

Couple things to check/check in to. Are you making sure that your card was charged(My STEAM account had my wife's credit card which I forgot. So it was refunded to that card). Also The store I used to work for, when we did refunds it would leave our system and it could sometimes take almost 3 weeks for the account to receive that amount because of processing. Check with your bank or card and see if it is that.

Yup, sure it's my card and that I haven't been refunded yet. :) Gonna give it until tomorrow and then call my bank and then we'll see. :) 

• CrackboneCrackbone Member Posts: 212
    Originally posted by Shadin

Originally posted by Pengy20

Yup, sure it's my card and that I haven't been refunded yet. :) Gonna give it until tomorrow and then call my bank and then we'll see. :) 

It takes usually 48-72 hours for Steam to issue the refund, and then it takes another 3 business days for the credit to show ;the bank. 

I was issued a refund 2 days after the ticket was opened, and I received the credit 3 days later.

• creesballcreesball Member Posts: 7

This isnt a place to bitch about you wanting a refund, go complain on the steam forums.  You are lucky that they are giving you a refund at all, most digitally downloaded software doesnt come with a refund option.