Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Firefox 3.6 doesn't work with MMORPG

HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

The enhanced editor doesn't work.

Also, this site loads slower than molasses even on good PCs. Please get rid of cold fusion because it's a dead technology, and fix your CSS and site layout up because it is so badly coded it's not even funny.

Comments

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712
    Originally posted by HerculesSAS

Also, this site loads slower than molasses even on good PCs. Please get rid of cold fusion because it's a dead technology, and fix your CSS and site layout up because it is so badly coded it's not even funny.

i dont know but my firefox is the newest updated one and i know i just had it updated two days ago and its version 3.5.7

no 3.6 yet as im aware but editor works fine though i agree with the sluggish part as at times not all the time is it sluggish

weird i guess its a good thing my firefox never updated

• Little11Little11 Member Posts: 51
    Im using firefox 3.6 as well and the enhanced editor do indeed not work but other from that Ive no problem with this site. The loading speed is the same for this and every other web-page
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Possibly because of this? Download the free Firefox 3.6 beta now. The current version is 3.5.7, have zero problems loading anything on this site, and I'm using the enhanced editor right now. I think the problem is you're using a Beta version of firefox.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by Malickie

Possibly because of this? Download the free Firefox 3.6 beta now. The current version is 3.5.7, have zero problems loading anything on this site, and I'm using the enhanced editor right now. I think the problem is you're using a Beta version of firefox.

oh its beta didnt look that way on the site though but as i stated before im glad it wasnt updated if it isnt beta

Originally posted by joker007mo

oh its beta didnt look that way on the site though but as i stated before im glad it wasnt updated if it isnt beta

I usually wait for the prompt to update FF, when they have a "stable" new version out it automatically prompts for an upgrade. I never upgrade FF before that.

Edit-Just checked the site 3.6 may have released a few days ago, (just got my prompt to upgrade to 3.5.7 four days ago). Interesting. Though I'd revert back to 3.5.7 if I were you. As I said wait until you get the prompt for 3.6. It seems 3.6 still has compatibility issues.

On my home page it still says 3.6 is beta, my mistake.

I usually wait for the prompt to update FF, when they have a "stable" new version out it automatically prompts for an upgrade. I never upgrade FF before that.

same here it usually pops up to tell me to restart ff other then that im not aware of  it updating til then

• ic0n67ic0n67 Member Posts: 776

There are times when the enhanced editor doesn't load for me and I am using 3.57. Sometimes it will half load sometimes it will fully load. Usually when I am quoting something there is a problem and if there is i just go back and click the link again and everything is good. It only happens for my at work though, however i rarely check this site at home ...

same here it usually pops up to tell me to restart ff other then that im not aware of  it updating til then

Yeah I had to edit my post though, as I spoke to soon a visit to their site shows 3.6 as the current. I guess they still have a ways to go before it's stable, eh, it happens.

Originally posted by ic0n67

There are times when the enhanced editor doesn't load for me and I am using 3.57. Sometimes it will half load sometimes it will fully load. Usually when I am quoting something there is a problem and if there is i just go back and click the link again and everything is good. It only happens for my at work though, however i rarely check this site at home ...

i just refresh when that happens usually  takes care of it but it doesnt happen often for me

Yeah I had to edit my post though, as I spoke to soon a visit to their site shows 3.6 as the current. I guess they still have a ways to go before it's stable, eh, it happens.

if you look at my post its the same way had to go and edit my post lol

Yeah as far as loading that may be on your end, I've never had a problem with that on any version of FF. It's always loaded way faster than browsers like IE for me. What would be causing it is anyone's guess, could be anything from a virus, to something on your PC going bad. Have you tried getting a flash update or anything like that?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

Thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to not upgrade for a bit till they get the kinks worked out.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

3.6 is the latest release, and I've always had issues with the rich text editor on this site.

They seriously need an upgrade for this site, in so many ways.

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

Oh, and I mentioned the load times just because it's ALWAYS slow. MMORPG has the worst site layout and design -- WHO USES TABLES ANY MORE?!?!??! -- of most sites and it's in need of a significant upgrade that uses DIVs and CSS.

I would recommend using Invision Power Board for the forums, as well as moving to IP.Content for the site's content, but it's a lot of stuff to migrate from a proprietary system. It would be a worthy investment to all of us though.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    This is my problem with FF 3.6

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/9241/mmorpgq.jpg

The option, usually located above the box for typing, for font, links, etc is all gone...

RIP Orc Choppa

• AgtSmithAgtSmith Member Posts: 1,498

Originally posted by HerculesSAS

Agree that site is in terrible need of an overhaul.  Slow loads (not just in firefox but even with Chrome) and wonky editor.  Whatever MMORPG.com is doing it is taking away from the experience and nearly bad enough to just quit visting.

--------------------------------
    Achiever 60.00%, Socializer 53.00%, Killer 47.00%, Explorer 40.00%
    Intel Core i7 Quad, Intel X58 SLi, 6G Corsair XMS DDR3, Intel X-25 SSD, 3 WD Velociraptor SATA SuperTrak SAS EX8650 Array, OCZ 1250W PS, GTX 295, xFi, 32" 1080p LCD