Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New website and ARG completed

Batak_KillerBatak_Killer Member UncommonPosts: 395

New website concerning TSW has been found www.kingsmouth.com 

Its not game info related, but instead a possible starting location or something. Plus there are nice new screenshots and backround lore. Check it out!

Comments

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

Originally posted by Batak_Killer
     New website concerning TSW has been found www.kingsmouth.com 
    Its not game info related, but instead a possible starting location or something. Plus there are nice new screenshots and backround lore. Check it out!

Also from the news of that website:
    "The planning of this year’s Kingsmouth Day has started. As usual, we extend an invitation to all non-residents of Kingsmouth to become honorary members of our proud Town by being dunked in the Miskatonic River before the warmth of spring has truly set in. Other activities include horseshoe game, pool tournament, cookout as well as local vendors offering special discounts all weekend.

Preliminary date is Saturday April 3rd. More details will follow as the Committee continues planning."

Possible start date of closed beta?

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• misterdurpmisterdurp Member Posts: 157

according to Funcom's latest financial report the core systems and game play should be in place by march 1.

• Batak_KillerBatak_Killer Member UncommonPosts: 395

Yup, you both are correct.

BTW, i love the subtle details in the site, and the lore behind it. Beta is closing in, as it seems.

• exilioexilio Member UncommonPosts: 46

Man I hope beta is closing in for this game -- it has such great potential. Then again, don't so many games that ultimately end up as let downs?

Still, I am ever hopeful that TSW rocks.

• MysterioDarkMysterioDark Member Posts: 20

Word is there is a wifi webcam to find. Odd doings with Kingsmouth website, Lovecraftian lore being discovered, Steven King references found or intimated at. Get down to the official forums for all the info.

• DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212

They specifically mention Innsmouth on the website, and the Miskatonic so it's definitely got Lovecraftian lore in there... this is something that I really love. It looks like some of the pictures in the gallery portion of the site are screen shots. I can't wait to see what this game is going to be like in person... 8)

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004

• MysterioDarkMysterioDark Member Posts: 20
    Originally posted by Darkholme

I can't wait to see what this game is going to be like in person... 8)

Ha ha, you and everybody else.

• DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212

From an article on massively.com:

"We asked Funcom's Erling Elingson for a comment on these shadowy happenings, "The recent release of the Kingsmouth website is just one of many unique initiatives that will be happening around The Secret World in the next few weeks. Not only are we teaming up with a major site this weekend to give gamers a unique glimpse into the game through new and never-before-seen footage, but there are also other secrets lurking under the surface waiting to be discovered. The ever-growing community surrounding The Secret World did a great job deciphering the clues that led to the discovery of the Kingsmouth website, and they will have plenty more to play around with in the next few weeks!"

Need to keep an eye out for that this weekend!!!

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004