Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Housing?

Is there going to be housing in TOR? If so, will it be instanced?

Also, will we be able to explore the inside of our ships?

Thanks

imageAAH! A troll fire! Quick, pour some Kool-Aid on it!!!

Comments

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134

Housing is not confirmed or denied.

Space is not confirmed or denied.

You're now up to date on those two subjects : )

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by greed0104

LOL.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

Ditto! I can bet that they are working on both!

(AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH teaches Yoda how to fight with a plunger!)

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• IlvaldyrIlvaldyr Member CommonPosts: 2,142

Argh. I don't know whether to love Bioware for the lack of hype, or hate them for the lack of info.

I'll do both.

Anyone else hoping that "Housing" = your ship?

Playing: EVE, Final Fantasy 13, Uncharted 2, Need for Speed: Shift
  • CordenCorden Member UncommonPosts: 68

I sure hope they decide to put housing in at launch.It may seem like a small feature but, it can really make playing the game more enjoyable.Knowing you have that place you can go back to to rest, decorate,chill out with your friends,or talk to your NPC's.

I've also thought of the idea of housing being in your ship.Since that's where you would change your party members out or talk to any of your party members in KOTOR/KOTOR2 wouldn't be a bad idea.

Though the idea of apartments doesn't seem bad either.But housing of any kind is alright by me heh heh.Just as long as it's in by launch.

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134
    Originally posted by Ilvaldyr

Argh. I don't know whether to love Bioware for the lack of hype, or hate them for the lack of info.

I'll do both.

Anyone else hoping that "Housing" = your ship?

In my opinion that's the best thing they could do.

• SupermanDanSupermanDan Member Posts: 56

This is taken from the forum link I have from my sticky thread that has info and confirmed links of where the info has been taken from so its pretty reliable.

"Space Experience will be in game, its still being worked on" - Machinima

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgtZTXrZ4JQ - vid where the info came from

Player housing is something BW/LA NOT discussed - Massively Pax

http://www.massively.com/2009/09/07/pax-2009-massively-interviews-bioware-and-lucasarts-on-swtor/ - info of where that came from aswell

• BenjolaBenjola Member UncommonPosts: 843

I've been trolling this game hard but I'm starting to come around and since Bioware started talking more about real MMO features and game play I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that they can deliver a decent MMO.

They also dont seem to rush the game like those Cryptic jokers so that's a plus too.

Putting some kind of housing at launch and space experience would probably win me over for good.

They announced that space will be in, I hope that space combat will be part of it too and I also like the idea of your spaceship being the 'player owned house' .

Great idea and probably easier to make it happen then ground housing.

I care about your gaming 'problems' and teenage anxieties, just not today.

• HiversHivers Member Posts: 12

At best you'll get a personal ship you can walk through.

We won't see housing past the beginning missions of the game where you start out as a nobody.

• Capn23Capn23 Member Posts: 1,529

I'd really like an apartment in Kaas City!

:D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guys! I'm hopelessly lost in a mountain of mole hills! Them damn moles!

• erickdeforeserickdefores Member Posts: 161

I am hoping for exactly that.  Even if it is nothing more then fluff  like wandering through the ship in Unreal 2.  I loved being on the bridge in that game

• BinkoBinko Member Posts: 267

All over internet people ask for housing in MMORPG's and have been doing that for years.

Now BW and LA make a new game and they don't have housing... but they sure do have a story and huge weapons... thats something.

If they didn't use all the time and money trying to turn this game into a WoW clone in space, then this game would have housing!

Played:
    From Earth & Beyond, Anarchy Online, Matrix Online, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Age of Conan, Tabula Rasa (Beta), EvE Online, City of Villians, Atlantica Online, Guild Wars, Lineage 2, Pirates of the Burning Sea, PlanetSide, RF Online, Second Life, Fallen Earth.

• StuBidasoeStuBidasoe Member Posts: 108
    Originally posted by Binko

All over internet people ask for housing in MMORPG's and have been doing that for years.
    Now BW and LA make a new game and they don't have housing... but they sure do have a story and huge weapons... thats something.
    If they didn't use all the time and money trying to turn this game into a WoW clone in space, then this game would have housing!

SWTOR doesn't need housing.  It would be a nice, cool feature but wouldn't make the gameplay any better.  SWTOR isn't and won't be a sandbox so housing is really inconsequential.  I agree with posters that it would be fun to have a spaceship to call my own but it's not even close to a deal breaker for me. 

I'd like to think BW and LA spent their time making more fluid combat, compelling storylines for all the classes, and enhancing their character creator beyond only humans instead of just making WoW in space with huge weapons.  Also nice to know BW doesn't just jump to create something that can easily be included in an expansion because the interwebs says so. 

• Capn23Capn23 Member Posts: 1,529
    Originally posted by Binko

I think we've gotten your point.

You hate WoW, you think SWTOR is a WoW clone, and nothing we say will change your mind. You can stop posting it everywhere now.

Anyway...who says they won't have housing? If you haven't noticed the trend yet...Bioware doesn't release information about content until it is absolutely in the game. They may announce housing later this year. Who knows? And like what was stated earlier, it is good expansion content too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guys! I'm hopelessly lost in a mountain of mole hills! Them damn moles!

• DrOrpheusDrOrpheus Member Posts: 46
    Originally posted by StuBidasoe

SWTOR doesn't need housing.  It would be a nice, cool feature but wouldn't make the gameplay any better.  SWTOR isn't and won't be a sandbox so housing is really inconsequential.  I agree with posters that it would be fun to have a spaceship to call my own but it's not even close to a deal breaker for me. 
    I'd like to think BW and LA spent their time making more fluid combat, compelling storylines for all the classes, and enhancing their character creator beyond only humans instead of just making WoW in space with huge weapons.  Also nice to know BW doesn't just jump to create something that can easily be included in an expansion because the interwebs says so. 

No, it doesn't need it.. but it can make gameplay better.

In MMOs there's only so much you can do. You pretty much only have raiding, questing and PVP. But think about those players who love to collect things, such as rare items - whether armor, mounts, mini pets, etc.. things like that in a game gives you a lot more 'gameplay'. Most of these things take hours/days to get. I know in Guild Wars I spent a lot of time getting 'titles'. So if you can have housings where you can place your items, you bet there would be a lot of players trying to make their place the 'coolest'. Just look at Star Wars Galaxies. For me, it would definitely make the gameplay better.

But you're right, it won't be a deal breaker. And I'd much prefer them work on the important stuff.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by Phos

Is there going to be housing in TOR? If so, will it be instanced?
    Also, will we be able to explore the inside of our ships?

Thanks

There is housing forsure.  It will be in for release.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Corden

I sure hope they decide to put housing in at launch.It may seem like a small feature but, it can really make playing the game more enjoyable.Knowing you have that place you can go back to to rest, decorate,chill out with your friends,or talk to your NPC's.
    I've also thought of the idea of housing being in your ship.Since that's where you would change your party members out or talk to any of your party members in KOTOR/KOTOR2 wouldn't be a bad idea.
    Though the idea of apartments doesn't seem bad either.But housing of any kind is alright by me heh heh.Just as long as it's in by launch.

yes, nothing that makes you feel more star warsy when you walk around the desert planet of tatooine and bouncing into houses EVERYWHERE like they did in SWG.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"