Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problem with free trial..

danJ188danJ188 Member Posts: 56

I tried to 14 day free trial once before, downloaded just fine, updated just fine..but for the life of me could not EVER get the game running. It would load from clicking play to the blackscreen, I would see the mouse for the ingame graphic, then nothing..a black screen for a bit more,then it just goes back to my desktop. The application completly closed down, never really launched. My system is not bad, my drivers not outdated or anything. My connected great-never had a problem with it. I was dumbfounded, I tried their support forums and got no answer whats so ever.

Anyone here have the problem? Anyone able to fix it?

Comments

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member RarePosts: 6,264

You have to give us some more info.

What hardware do you have (CPU, Memory, GFX, etc)? What OS are you running? What's your internet connection? That sort a thing.

Cheers

• danJ188danJ188 Member Posts: 56

Vid cards a GT 8600(Up to date drivers)

3 gigs ram

150 gigs HD

Fios internet

Windows XP

CPU is a AMD, 2.2 I think More likely a 2.4.

Anything else you wanna know?

Originally posted by danJ188

Vid cards a GT 8600(Up to date drivers)
    3 gigs ram
    150 gigs HD
    Fios internet
    Windows XP

CPU is a AMD, 2.2 I think More likely a 2.4.

Anything else you wanna know?

I had a 8600GT myself before and ran EverQuest II just fine on it.  In fact, I have run it fine on much older hardware for years.

So it's really strange it won't run on this setup. As it should.

What you can try first is the following:

Go to the EverQuest II directory and delete everything within the Cache and LoginCache-US / EU directories.

Start up the launcher again and run a full system scan (can take a while. So be patient).

Also, are you running the new Station Launcher (wich is stil in beta)? or even the new streaming client (wich is also still in beta)?

Also, if it still crashes. There is a logs directory within your EverQuest II directory. Check that one and post the errors here.

Cheers

• danJ188danJ188 Member Posts: 56

Streaming one. I tried the other one..it still crashed.(and I had a nice 10g download that took a while.)

build="SOEBuild=6164L" version="SOEVersionString=2010/1/15 10:52:24" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="<None>" loc=" 0.00 0.00 0.00" performance="5" stack="056573e7 "

Thats the error I get.

Haha..another edit. I can run it it seems so far in Windowed mode..wont let me run it on full screen.

Did you try use this one? : http://launcher.station.sony.com/

I have used the Station Launcher before, when I was playing more SOE games, like Vanguard.

It worked like a charm for me. So if the Streaming Client is giving you a headache and lots of problems.

Just try that one.  Downside is, that the Station Launcher will download the FULL game. So can take a while.

So dunno how fast your internet connection is. If you don't have much bandwith, it can be also the reason you had trouble with the Streaming Client.

Plus, you run Windows XP. Do you run it with ServicePack 3 and the latest patches? Make sure you do.

Problem is, I haven't run Windows XP for ages. As I went to Windows Vista the moment it came out and now run Windows7 (as I have access to all the latest Software, because of my work).

So I am afraid I am not much use anymore when it comes to Windows XP support hehe.

Cheers

Ahh interesting!

When you run it in Windowed mode and get into the game! Press ALT+O to bring up the Options Screen.

Check the Fullscreen resolution setting there and make sure it's set to a resolution your monitor actually supports!

Cheers