Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mass Effect 2 Launch Trailer

alextodoalextodo Member UncommonPosts: 236

Less then a week away ....

www.youtube.com/watch

Comments

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Get ready again for one of the greates rpgs ever. Are you ready to save humanity ? I know I am!  :D

• alextodoalextodo Member UncommonPosts: 236
    Originally posted by SaintViktor

Get ready again for one of the greates rpgs ever. Are you ready to save humanity ? I know I am!  :D

Hell yeah. This game is incredible. Got it 2 days ago and have not been able to stop playing. Sooo many cool moments in the game where I would just sit there and scream NO NO NOOOO THIS CANT BE HAPPENING. :P

• coffee2coffee2 Member Posts: 10

Reminds me of the StarTrek trailer.  I'll give it a miss I cannot get into single player RPG's any more.

AKA "coffee" - serving a temporary ban cus I made a Troll cry.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Mass effect is one of the only games which i can describe in one word...EPIC!

• lortegedlorteged Member Posts: 143

Ohhh yes, i am gonna play this one non stop untill i reach end-game :)

• Demz2Demz2 Member Posts: 435

I have been playing it for about 3 -4 hours now.  Like with all Bioware games im just finiding myself playing a cutscene game rather than the actual game.  I just sit there thinking please stfu already so I cna play the damn game, franticlly pressing the esc key hoping it will just bloody end.  Nothing speaial about the game tbh, just standard like ME1.  I really pray to the love of god bioware dont make Starwars like this.  Its the same with Dragon age, i was watching y brother play it last week, a cutscene came on, watched it for 10 secs then thought id read a paper while it finished, low and behold some 3-4 mins later they still talking, and im saying to my brother wtf are they still talking lol.

• bobpowerbobpower Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Originally posted by Demz2

I have been playing it for about 3 -4 hours now.  Like with all Bioware games im just finiding myself playing a cutscene game rather than the actual game.  I just sit there thinking please stfu already so I cna play the damn game, franticlly pressing the esc key hoping it will just bloody end.  Nothing speaial about the game tbh, just standard like ME1.  I really pray to the love of god bioware dont make Starwars like this.  Its the same with Dragon age, i was watching y brother play it last week, a cutscene came on, watched it for 10 secs then thought id read a paper while it finished, low and behold some 3-4 mins later they still talking, and im saying to my brother wtf are they still talking lol.

So let me get this straight

You refuse to pay attention to the story and then complain that the game isn't interesting? Bioware RPGs are obviously not for you but that doesnt make the game bad, in fact I thought Dragon Age was amazing.

Yeh um, i dont think bioware games are suited for you. Maybe check out bethesda games since they seem more in the realm of what you want.

• durkdrevendurkdreven Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Originally posted by Gabby-air

Yeh um, i dont think bioware games are suited for you. Maybe check out bethesda games since they seem more in the realm of what you want.

you sound like a teen. drink more milk .

Life is meaningless. It is in death that we are truly tested

• Yes I love the trailers for Mass Effect although I've never played any version of it  (I get the idea it's a sequel but that just shows how much I don't know about it) and usually only play mmo's. Truely though I'm glad folks are so excited by it.

• alextodoalextodo Member UncommonPosts: 236
    Originally posted by jeddak

Yes I love the trailers for Mass Effect although I've never played any version of it  (I get the idea it's a sequel but that just shows how much I don't know about it) and usually only play mmo's. Truely though I'm glad folks are so excited by it.

www.youtube.com/watch  <- funny and it helps  :P

• abbabaabbaba Member Posts: 1,143

I saw like a minute long commercial for ME2 on TV last night. One more day

Originally posted by durkdreven

Originally posted by Gabby-air

you sound like a teen. drink more milk .

huh?

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

Wasn't Mass Effect 1 just an average overhyped hack'n slash shooter with fifty fifty gameplay cutscenes ratio like the rest of the Bioware's games?

REALITY CHECK

Unlike most developers, Bioware realizes their fanbase is the mature crowd so they make games to please their fanbase. I started playing Bioware games since the release of NWN and haven't stopped playing their games since. They are one of the greatest game developers today.

Unlike most developers, Bioware realizes their fanbase is the mature crowd so they make games to please their fanbase. I started playing Bioware games since the release of NWN and haven't stopped playing their games since. They are one of the greatest game developers today.

Does sex scenes rude words and long fights means maturity? Are you serious?

REALITY CHECK

Originally posted by Thillian

Does sex scenes and rude F. words means maturity? Are you serious?

Specifically no, it does not mean one is mature but in general it has always been categorized as mature content for mature people. Mature meaning the age when you are considered an adult. Like I said, they cater to their fanbase who have been following them since the beginning and we aren't young kids anymore. Not hard to understand.

• Terminus-EstTerminus-Est Member UncommonPosts: 352

A poor attention span is not really something you should boast about.

Does sex scenes and rude F. words means maturity? Are you serious?

Specifically no, it does not mean one is mature but in general it has always been categorized as mature content for mature people. Mature meaning the age when you are considered an adult. Like I said, they cater to their fanbase who have been following them since the beginning and we aren't young kids anymore. Not hard to understand.

Bioware makes games for the general mass market crowd. And people playing their games should stop thinking they are mature or more "elite" than the other players. Bioware and Bethesda are the mainstream, they are the same in video games as Michael Bay is in films.

Bioware did not do Planescape Torment nor Baldur's Gate 1. Bioware's first game with no assistance from Black Isle was that massively overhyped combat focused NWN (credit to its online worlds tho).

REALITY CHECK

Bioware did not do Planescape Torment nor Baldur's Gate 1. Bioware started with their massively overhyped combat focused NWN (credit to its online worlds tho).

Planescape Torment was Black Isle, but Baldur's gate 1 was definitely Bioware. I have the original disk (or rather 5 of them) sitting next to me and it has Bioware written on it. The publisher was Interplay.

Originally posted by Terminus-Est

Bioware did not do Planescape Torment nor Baldur's Gate 1. Bioware started with their massively overhyped combat focused NWN (credit to its online worlds tho).

Planescape Torment was Black Isle, but Baldur's gate 1 was definitely Bioware. I have the original disk (or rather 5 of them) sitting next to me and it has Bioware written on it. The publisher was Interplay.

Fallouts, Planescape Torment, IWD series, BG series were all Black Isle Developed, Bioware co-worked. Most of the designers and developers from Black isle ended up in TROIKA GAMES (good ones), and Obsidian Studios (poor ones). Bioware's first full game made by them was NWN.

REALITY CHECK

Fallouts, Planescape Torment, IWD series, BG series were all Black Isle Developed, Bioware co-worked. Most of the designers and developers from Black isle ended up in TROIKA GAMES (good ones), and Obsidian Studios (poor ones). Bioware's first full game made by them was NWN.

What do you mean 'co-worked'? Black Isle were part of Interplay by the time that Baldur's Gate 1 was released, so they were co-publishers of the game. But Bioware were the developers. James Ohlen was lead designer and he was with Bioware.

• uohaloranuohaloran Member Posts: 811

Glorified dating sim for basement dwellers.

Mature...hah.

Originally posted by Terminus-Est

What do you mean 'co-worked'? Black Isle were part of Interplay by the time that Baldur's Gate 1 was released, so they were co-publishers of the game. But Bioware were the developers. James Ohlen was lead designer and he was with Bioware.

And actually I think Fallouts and Planescape was not even assisted by Bioware. Fallout 1-2 designers then ended up in TROIKA, and designer of PT is now in Obsidian. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, all these were great games. PT, BG1, Fallouts. Partial credits go surely to Bioware as well (for their part on BG1), but mainly to the Interplay (Black Isle). I was extremly disappointed what happened to Bioware's later games NWN, Kotor, ME when they approached more linear-combat oriented gameplay with long cutscenes. NWN was the first game where Bioware parted with Interplay that had to shutdown BlackIsle.

I serously think, the best RPG's of all time came into existence under Interplay as publisher. NWN was not published by Interplay, that's when ATARI came in, and I also believe, publishers do have the biggest impact on the game development.

REALITY CHECK

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

Bioware games mix intresting story with a game. I think the experience with all the dialogue and cutscenes is something between watching a movie and playing a game. You'll get little of both, and won't have time to get bored with the same old repetition when there's a good balance between them. I understand those who don't want their game to be interruped by movie. But personally, I love it.