Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Phishing

grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221

Checked my email account I use for games today and had an email stating there is evidence my account has been sold or traded. Also received one a week or so ago advising I change my password. Havnt played the game since beta and didnt even pick up my preorder of the game so it appears the phishers are at work. Just wanted to let folks who play the game know.

Comments

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

I got one like that for my WoW account (which I haven't played in 2 years), they listed all the info they want you to type out including password and secret question/answer. It's getting bad, even those support emails you get with legit looking links but when you hover your mouse over the link and read it in the status, it's different and is fake (like "www.worldofwarcraft.com" appears as "www.wor1dofwercraft.com" or such), it's getting on my nerves and I'm considering closing that email account and moving some of my contact emails over to another.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178

I've been getting a lot of ones from WoW lately... but I was really surprised to see one from AION in there.  The ones from AION are done VERY poorly.

Heres the email I received  below!   I've never subscribed to AION or purchased the game at all.

"

When you receive this message at the same time means that you have a routine account of our recent examination, was checking your account we have the evidence to prove that involved in the controversial game currency transaction so we had to take the necessary measures.

Please visit our web site *link removed* as soon as possible to activate your account or we will suspend your account.

The NCsoft Team "

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221

Yes I get them for WOW now and then also. Havnt played the game in a year or so.

• SholShol Member Posts: 361

There was one for WoW which looked pretty official. I was unsure if its real or not and created a topic in the WoW forum about it.

This is really getting out of hand. Obviously its easier to make money with stolen accounts than buying new ones, botting chars up always risking to get banned and the work was for nothing.