Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whoever pre-ordered this game through steam..

Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

Ive seen several users here claim they have cancelled their pre-order through steam.   I pre-ordered through steam and they billed me for the entire amount the day I pre-ordered it.  I cannot find any way to cancel this or be refunded for the purchase.

So without derailing this into a flame war, could someone please explain to me where the option is to be refunded the $44.99 I was already billed for the pre-order? 

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."

Comments

• CammyCammy Member Posts: 864
    Originally posted by Rayx0r

Ive seen several users here claim they have cancelled their pre-order through steam.   I pre-ordered through steam and they billed me for the entire amount the day I pre-ordered it.  I cannot find any way to cancel this or be refunded for the purchase.
    So without derailing this into a flame war, could someone please explain to me where the option is to be refunded the $44.99 I was already billed for the pre-order? 

I haven't done it but I believe you have to open a support ticket with their billing department.... 

Not positive on the exact details but Im sure if you talk to them they'll fix you up. 

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902
    Originally posted by Cammy

Originally posted by Rayx0r

I haven't done it but I believe you have to open a support ticket with their billing department.... 

Not positive on the exact details but Im sure if you talk to them they'll fix you up. 

cool, just did that.  thank you for the response.

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • blackemperorblackemperor Member CommonPosts: 49

Yeah just use the support and tell them you want ure refund since the game is not released yet, and after 24h they will give you your money back. Thats how i did it.

• QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683

I tried that, they sent me a responce saying I had to get a refund from Global Agenda Support, and gave me a link (yes I got the preorder from Steam) but the Global Support people said I have to get a refund from Steam, So I am being sent in circles.

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• blackemperorblackemperor Member CommonPosts: 49

No they shouldnt tell you that cause u bought from steam not from global agenda's website, just try again hopefully someone who knows what he is doing will help you out.

• DameonkDameonk Member UncommonPosts: 1,914
    Originally posted by Quicksand

I tried that, they sent me a responce saying I had to get a refund from Global Agenda Support, and gave me a link (yes I got the preorder from Steam) but the Global Support people said I have to get a refund from Steam, So I am being sent in circles.

I find that hard to believe as they issued me a refund for GA with no problems.  I'm still buying the game I can just get it cheaper someplace else.

"There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer."

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

refunded me with no issues whatsoever.

I guess it may depend on the wording of the request and your country of origin.

I simply stated I didnt feel it was advertised correctly and a lot of the features are not as they have been very shamefully hidden to be.

I am from the UK and a lot of companies do just give us what we wan as its not the worth the hassle to them.

UK is cool we have a few laws that supercede any companies t&c's in relation to online orders.

• MaGicBushMaGicBush Member UncommonPosts: 689
    [Mod Edit] 

Massive exodus? No, I am playing now and it's 3AM CST.. still getting in a game within 1 minute on all of the modes(pve or pvp). The game easily has 50+ hours of entertainment already leveling each class, the AvA could use some work but it's already been stated that by release or first patch there will be HQ's each alliance can roam around in instead of just the Dome which is many peoples complaints. You can't really win any MMO so I don't get what your trying to say there... Honestly this is the best game I have seen since I can remember since I started online play(with Quake).

--------------------

-Currently playing FFXIV, and BDO.

[Mod Edit]

Now notice how I said "All of the modes," this includes PvE up through maximum security and the top 3 pvp modes(not high enough level for the last few).

As for the second statement, I am a robotics and actually hold my ground very well.. I generally try to defend certain choke points on each map and always score in the top 5. This is against both the recon and the assaults, recons are very easy to kill with my drone(detects invis), and the assaults are easy as I just sit and heal my turret as it mows them down and my med station heals me. Sometimes they do get smart and actually kill the med station but rarely lol.

AvA  I am not familiar with as I have not tried it yet, but honestly I am happy with the main game by itself so the AvA is just a add-on I can choose to sub to a few month's.

--------------------

[Mod Edit]

Honestly even if that is the case for $44 I will get my money worth out of it if I play longer than 20 hours. I am already getting close that mark and it's still beta..

--------------------

• Canceled through Steam with no problems.

As a random shooter it's not the worst game in the universe but it's not even slightly worth a subscription fee and the max 10 v 10 makes it a little ridiculous for large clans...

20 million dollars and 5 years to make an unreal tournament mod... Pitiful.

• thelawoflogicthelawoflogic Member UncommonPosts: 788

there was never a pre-order from then that know of just pre-persure they charge before you get the game

• Smithy021Smithy021 Member Posts: 41

well i put in a ticket asking for a refund we will see what happens..  i dunno if it matters either but i payed with paypal.

• bmacp1973bmacp1973 Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by Ichijo

Canceled through Steam with no problems.
    As a random shooter it's not the worst game in the universe but it's not even slightly worth a subscription fee and the max 10 v 10 makes it a little ridiculous for large clans...
    20 million dollars and 5 years to make an unreal tournament mod... Pitiful.

True it is not an open world, but how would you propose a clan of say 300 people would defend their borders if they had more than 30 hexes as well as launch assaults on other agencies.  I think your view is extremely short sighted and your focus is isolated to the number 10.

I have always been of the opinion that the more people you add to a shooter decreases the quality of the gameply.

• Smithy021Smithy021 Member Posts: 41

got my refund today.. from them all of it :)  im happy only took a day : )

• SortranSortran Member Posts: 148

On the Global agenda site, Hi-Rez  has a sticky thread telling steam users about refunds. They do mention that if you play the game for some time (they didnt specify numbers) that steam will not refund the purchase as from steam's pov you have used the product too long for a refund. Shame for those that want a refund that cant get it because they played too long in beta (whatever time that is)

Playing: Not much actively.
    Games played: to many to list, been playing MMO's since 2001
    --------------------------

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154
    Originally posted by Sortran

On the Global agenda site, Hi-Rez  has a sticky thread telling steam users about refunds. They do mention that if you play the game for some time (they didnt specify numbers) that steam will not refund the purchase as from steam's pov you have used the product too long for a refund. Shame for those that want a refund that cant get it because they played too long in beta (whatever time that is)

Why would you refund a product that someone clearly has played? It makes sence to me. Far to many games nowadays can be completed in 10- 15 hours to just let anyone turn in for a refund.

And betas arnt for free trials. so again if I was steam and you had more than say 3 hours of play for a pre purches then Tough snot.

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

took me about 5 working days for it to be deposited back into my bank.  So ya, sometimes it doesnt deposit over night.

and to be fair, they should have handled their pre-order like every other retail shop.  At the most, a small deposit is usually made ($5).  At the least, you're not billed anything until the game actually ships.  Amazon, EB games, Gamestop, Best Buy..  all of them operate this way.  In all of my gaming purchases ever made online and at brick and mortar stores, this is the first time I was billed for a game in its entirety for a pre-order unless I took upon myself to do so.