Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA is BOT PROOF

13»

Comments

• midmagicmidmagic Member Posts: 614
    Originally posted by hidden1

Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by Kaliber13

I've been reading some of these threads in the TERA section, and frankly im disappointed that no one has caught on to this yet. The game has a non-targeting combat system. How is a bot gonna know where to attack? I dont know how bots work but it seems impossible for them to operate in TERA. Correct me if you can.
    Heres a vid of combat.... www.youtube.com/watch

I believe there were a few posters in that section who made mentio of the fact that a bot can still find its target.

My thought, not being a programmer at all, is that at some actual point, the player's attack will meet a point on a mob where it will register as an attack.

If a bot can detect any of those "points" within a certain vicinity then I don't see why a bot couldn't be made.

But that is just a guess. Someone with actual experience or knowledge would have to say whether I got it right or not.

Sorvath you are correct, a hacker will simply create a collision dectection subroutine, that won't directly dectect mobs, but will attack whatever comes closests to it.  In some cases you may see bots blindly attacking walls and game/world borders if no mobs spawn directly near the alleged bot.

Collision detection isn't needed for attacking. It is fairly simple to reverse engineer a game to find out where/how it stores mob/character location data and then use location data to move the character to attack.

Forever looking for employment. Life is rather dull without it.

• ChirugaiChirugai Member UncommonPosts: 304

Thread locked due to out of hand flaming and trolling.  

Fortune favours the bold.

This discussion has been closed.